InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite all the raves about the Hot Toys figure, from what I've seen I'm digging Inart more, even with the quibbles about eye color and supposed prototype changes. Pretty sure I'll go with this one if I get one at all. Inart seems to have a better masked likeness, looks more high end, and the overall proportions and realism seem more on point. Nice to have great options here, though.

For all the praise the Hot Toys version is getting I'm still seeing people modding the hell out of it. Custom cape, collar, shoulder mods. Some even replacing the sculpt with Unreal's.

I started buying InArt to get away from all that. Hopefully when this figure does release none of those mods will be necessary. Time will tell.

For all the praise the Hot Toys version is getting I'm still seeing people modding the hell out of it. Custom cape, collar, shoulder mods. Some even replacing the sculpt with Unreal's.

I started buying InArt to get away from all that. Hopefully when this figure does release none of those mods will be necessary. Time will tell.
No figure is perfect many will either mod it to be accurate or mod it to the way they like.

I’ve just been lurking this and the HT thread, but I felt like I wanted to chime in with my (possibly unpopular) opinion.
I was debating about cancelling my pre-order for the all in on this, because I surprisingly think the HT is looking a little better, at least to my eye.
I know, I think it’s wild, too.
Obviously no figure is ever 100% perfect, but I vastly prefer the cowl sculpt on the HT, it looks more like R. Pats to me, and I even think that their un-cowled sculpt is a bit better too, at least compared to InArt’s regular edition.
So I think I’m going to pull the trigger on the HT and then get InArt Bruce to go with it.
The cape issue seams like an easy fix, and I’ll try heating up the collar and spreading it a little more to see how that looks, but I don’t mind doing stuff like that if it means getting a sculpt I prefer.
Really?

A lot of people in the HT thread hate the cowl sculpt and are modifying it. Lmao...

Ever have a figure when you were a little kid that you "doctored up" and then, years later, wish you left it pristine because it’s now worth a bloody fortune?
Sure but gage most away to cousins.
Never bought a figures that I intend to sell or wanna sell, I always buy with determination.

Me personally I'm OK with the HT figure only thing I'm changing is the collar which isn't even a big change because it's reverseable if I want to sell it later. Besides that only other thing would be weathering but that's it. This figure as long as they get it right first time I'll have no problem with it staying stock. I wouldn't feel bad about people who spend money on customizing a figure further because for them it's fun to turn it into something accurate or to their liking.

There will be plenty more Pattison Batman figures. Just wait until The Batman II starts ramping up production, you’ll be looking at your customized Hot Toys and InArt Batmen and think “what did I ever see in those pieces of ****, gotta upgrade”.

West and Kilmer are the only Batman figures Hot Toys hasn’t made multiples of, keep that in mind . . .

Back