InArt: Harry Potter 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for me I said I'd rather this or Hagrid as feels more fitting to display with Harry. They've done a stunning job on this!
Completely agree,
I said the same thing - I wanted either Hagrid or Harris Dumbledore to display with young Harry to capture that pure "magical" feeling of the first two movies [and the books] in particular.
I would be pretty happy to finish off my HP collection with a Hagrid and I would only really expand beyond that for a Snape and McGonagall

IMG_3426.jpeg

I was proud of myself for resisting the temptation on Harry, but when I saw these images of Dumbledore, I caved.... Harry deluxe now on pre=order and will anxiously await Hogwarts' Headmaster!

I was proud of myself for resisting the temptation on Harry, but when I saw these images of Dumbledore, I caved.... Harry deluxe now on pre=order and will anxiously await Hogwarts' Headmaster!
I was resisting until they said that they had every intent on going deep with this line including Fantastic Beasts. Even with those movies not coming close to the original HP movies, it was enough to make me believe they'll at least make the important characters. That got me to go all in and sell all the Star Ace figures I owned.

This is actually a tougher call than I expected. IA Dumbledore looks great, but the Harris Dumbledore from Star Ace may be my favorite effort from their line second only to Y1 Hermione (and possibly Gambon Dumbledore). Since IA is signaling they the plan is to go deep in this line, I may decide to keep my sculpted beard versions from SA since they are quite good in an effort to save some money when I dive into the IA Potter line. This way I might be able to pick up a few more figures before the inevitable bankruptcy filing!

IMG_4653.jpeg

This is actually a tougher call than I expected. IA Dumbledore looks great, but the Harris Dumbledore from Star Ace may be my favorite effort from their line second only to Y1 Hermione (and possibly Gambon Dumbledore). Since IA is signaling they the plan is to go deep in this line, I may decide to keep my sculpted beard versions from SA since they are quite good in an effort to save some money when I dive into the IA Potter line. This way I might be able to pick up a few more figures before the inevitable bankruptcy filing!

View attachment 667179
IA’s is a prototype for better or for worse, but that’s Star ace’s prototype too, right? Honestly, so many of their prototypes looked really good but the production quality was absolute rubbish. I haven’t actually seen that Dumbledore in person, though.

Still happy to have their Gringots head goblin and Dobby at least, IA will never touch those

IA’s is a prototype for better or for worse, but that’s Star ace’s prototype too, right? Honestly, so many of their prototypes looked really good but the production quality was absolute rubbish. I haven’t actually seen that Dumbledore in person, though.
No, the picture of Star Ace’s Dumbledore is the final product taken from Michael Crawford’s review.

Still happy to have their Gringots head goblin and Dobby at least, IA will never touch those

That’s a production Star Ace Dumbledore believe it or not from Michael Crawford’s review (my shot of the figure is below). This was back when the company actually showed some promise. This figure might be good enough for me if only to conserve on funds. I know this is the IA prototype, but as it stands I actually prefer the SA robe on their Dumbledore as well. We’ll see….I could still cave.

IMG_4706.jpeg

That Dumbledore is really good for Star Ace.
But the Inart is a whole league better.

Right, no one could argue that point. The only issue is do I NEED a new $500+ Dumbledore in light of how relatively good the Star Ace piece is. I’ll have to re-evaluate that once the final InArt piece is available for examination!

He looks great. Seems like the rooted hair version is really the only option if you really want this piece. Better appearance, much better display options.

But I think this is another pass for me at least for the moment. Again, these Y1 releases compete with my Star Ace collection and I've always considered the early years versions as background to the main event - Half-Blood Prince/Deathly Hallows versions. So in this light, and at this moment, I don't feel much urgency to replace any of those figures with MUCH more expensive IA pieces.

All that said, I'd JUMP at a truly awesome Snape or especially McGonagall! Star Ace Snape was pretty good, but since Snape was the surprise hero of the franchise a spectacular Snape would be awesome! And Star Ace McGonagall was only barely passable in my view, I'd pick her up immediately too if she comes out as great as we hope/expect!

IMG_4713.jpeg
IMG_4714.jpeg

Last edited:
Harry looks amazing, but even when I was heavily into 1/6 and more likely to want them, I would’ve only gone for older versions, like 5th-7th year.

I think InArt would’ve been smarter doing older versions out of the gate.

Harry looks amazing, but even when I was heavily into 1/6 and more likely to want them, I would’ve only gone for older versions, like 5th-7th year.

I think InArt would’ve been smarter doing older versions out of the gate.

I was thinking the same. Normally a company probably wouldn't want to put out the most highly desired products first, but in this case, since Star Ace went through their releases chronologically by film already, it might have been smarter to start with the older versions, get collectors to swoon with happiness and go into preorder extasy....then once that is accomplished it might be easier to talk us into a complete IA set and trashing our Star Ace stuff if its as much better as we assume.

Back