InArt - Dune: Paul Atreides

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt is….good, but definitely needs work. Criticism about lack of skin folds/texture ect. to be fair….he does have very smooth teenage like skin, so the sculpt captures that accurately.

Needs texture; smile lines, lip creases, forehead crease, brows etc.

IMG_7878.jpeg

IMG_7879.jpeg

IMG_7882.jpeg

I hope so. I did suggest to Prime 1 countless times to make a Sandworm diorama. Maybe, just maybe they'll make one with him riding on it like their Avatar diorama.
I think maybe a little smaller base detail. Like just part of the worm skin and a 1/4 paul riding. Or even a 1/3 would be so good.

The base being the Sandworm is clever, but this is Prime 1 we're talking about here. They would definitely want to show the front mouth of the Sandworm.
I think a choice between sandworm and Paul would be the smarter choice. If they did both it would be too much. The avatar piece is meh because of how busy it is. I say focus on Paul riding or the sandworm itself.

I think a choice between sandworm and Paul would be the smarter choice. If they did both it would be too much. The avatar piece is meh because of how busy it is. I say focus on Paul riding or the sandworm itself.

Just like they did with the Balrog vs. Gandalf and Avatar dioramas... Is what they'll do. Showing one without the other would be pointless, as it's the main highlight of the film.

Just like they did with the Balrog vs. Gandalf and Avatar dioramas... Is what they'll do. Showing one without the other would be pointless, as it's the main highlight of the film.
Having a 1/4 action pose of paul with the worm skin below in high detail would sell better than a piece that is lacking in detail but is bigger. Those large pieced sacrifice detail for scale. Looking close at Gandalf and the avatar diorama the lack of detail begins to show.
I 99% high realistic action pose would be a grail piece.

That is why I lost interest in that piece. I wouldn't be able to stop looking at how much it looks like a toy

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0
Having a 1/4 action pose of paul with the worm skin below in high detail would sell better than a piece that is lacking in detail but is bigger. Those large pieced sacrifice detail for scale. Looking close at Gandalf and the avatar diorama the lack of detail begins to show.
I 99% high realistic action pose would be a grail piece.

Let's wait and see what they do? There's no guarantees they'll even make it yet, unless shown at the next Showcase.

Back