Imperial Death Star Gunner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGent

Super Freak
Reaction score
1329745227_fe083e4309.jpg

Haven't found anything on this forum but tiny post bits on these guys ...
From what I see you somehow need the helmet, from what I read the Tomy one is wayyy to small.
There's a unique front chest armour plus a stormtrooper gun holster, rest of the figure should be a Tie Fighter Pilot, not?

Anyone on this forum has already started one of these buddies?
Any idea on how to get a good helmet with accurate size?
Any one has experience shots of a Tomy helmet on a 1/6 figure?

im making one out of the hasbro version.

1. removing ribbed neck mount of helmet & replacing with a modified ssc ribbed neck bib
2. repainting entire helmet & hopefully the imperial decal
3. adding a clear plastic strip at the eye piece after the repaint
4. dying shirt & pants black
5. replacing gloves & boots
6. fill in the sew holes to armor/bib
7. repainting belt buckle with "silver leaf"
8. adding holster & pistol

BTW, the actual chest armor was the same piece that was used for sandtrooper shoulder pauldron, just vertical. I think that may have been how it was actually worn by cyclists.
I think you could make a pretty good show of it by using the HasbroKen sandie pauldron.
Barryo's HasbroKen helmet will of course be brilliant, so I can't wait to see what his looks like.

There are some great reference pics at SWTroopers.com of all of the variant costumes from ANH and ROTJ.

I just got done checking out that site. I think I am going to try to kitbash a helmet out of a spare SSC RFT helmet and a WW2 helmet I have.

I was chatting with Duane tonight and he thought a plastic easter egg could serve as the bottom bill.

I placed a SSC shoulder pauldron over a body, looks pretty good. It may need some mods.

We need someone to make Imperial Insignia waterslides......anyone?? :D

I think I am going to give this one a go...should be fun.

Just throwing this out, but what about using the back bill of the RFT helmet, turned upside down and facing forward for the DSG bill?
I am already at work or I would check it out myself...

I thought of this, but I dont think I have two extra RFT helmets. Im at work also, Ill have to do some digging through my parts when I get home. Im sure it would work, just trying to think of alternate solutions.

I reckon the Hasbro head would be the only way to go . That TOMY is way too small .

a little bumparoo............no use in making another thread so i just thought i would glom onto this one.......:)

if that's okay with you thegent..........:wave

i finished my gunner..........basically all hasbro stuff that was repainted & put onto an advanced truetype. i robbed the holster from a medi stormie & used a sideshow blaster. the antenna was from the tomy version. gloves from some ole mucker who doesnt live in the same country as i do..........:monkey3
dsg3.jpg

dsg2.jpg

dsg1.jpg

dsg4.jpg

i "futured" the helmet with about 5 coats & the armor/boots/gloves a couple of times. i also dyed the fabric black but i swear its not purple as the photos would have you believe.....:gah:

anyway..........there it is.......:)

edit:.........just realized i forgot his imperial decal for the helmet..........:panic:

Last edited:
okay...........crisis averted
dsg5.jpg

dsg6.jpg

i had originally thought the helmet was going to be too big..........but i stood him next to the other figures & compared helmets and IMHO i think it looks fine.

That looks great man. I think the Hasbro Helmet looks fab. The future really adds to it, nice work on this one.

I may have to pick me up a Hasbro helmet as I am having a hard time sorting my bashed one out.

That looks great man. I think the Hasbro Helmet looks fab. The future really adds to it, nice work on this one.

I may have to pick me up a Hasbro helmet as I am having a hard time sorting my bashed one out.

thanks chris but in case you didnt know let me warn you about the future acrylic with the soft helmet & chest piece....(or any soft plastic that bends)..........it will crackle if bent too much. but an easy fix to that is just go over it again & it smooths right out. after everything was in place i touched it up a bit more.

How do you make the decal? Did you print it out yourself? What did you use?

Sean
thundergod gave me this guys email.........he has waterslide decals but arent on his site as of yet. but i emailed him and he said he makes them & they are fairly cheap. good guy & easy to deal with
[email protected]

Barryo, Excellent work and you have nailed him. The Hasbro helmet does work a treat.
thank you, yea i was pretty pleased with the helmet
Wow, brilliant custom!!

thank you sir.....fairly simple to do as well

Back