[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes a tiny piece of fabric but so key to the look of Blondie.

Definitely. It really brings him to life, IMO. No neck joint showing and all. There's only one thing about him that I think could be better (I.e. match the quality of the rest of him): the hands. They're nice, sculpted well, and decently proportioned, but that glossy paint app could really do with some weathering, or a matte paint up. Blondie was no puss; he needs some dirt on those knuckles.:lol

Just received this from a fellow boardie. Damn it's impressive. :rock

Isn't he? I'm still in absolute, flabbergasted awe.

I'm with you on that, It just makes Hot Toys figures look like something for a 6 year old, well that's what I think.

While I get that you're using hyperbole, I've got to say that, in a lot of ways, I agree with you. Even if, by some one in a million chance, Clint Eastwood decided to relent and let licensed products with his likeness become available via HT or Sideshow, I don't think they could ever match this. HT's sculpts are nice, but, while their paint apps might be of a comparable (maybe a bit inferior, as of late, actually) quality, I don't think they could get a likeness nearly as accurate as what Mr. Grove has done.

SSC, on the other hand, might just go right to the source and hire Trev for it.:lol That being said, there's no way in hell their paint apps could beat Denny & Co.'s, IMO.

Lastly, I don't believe either of them could match the tailoring that was done on this figure.

Long story short: I firmly believe this release will stand the test of time/will not be beat; it's THAT damn good.:lecture

Crappy iPhone pic as proof I've got it! :lol

image_zps5bdd3905.jpg

:clap:clap:clap

I have a pair of Battle Gear Toys boots for sale if anyone is interested, $20 shipped. They were opened but never used, still have the cardboard inserts in them. :duff

After seeing all the pics, i am so interested in the trio set... Will have to start saving, especially with the bride and the monkey purchases!... Grrr... So is the announcement round the corner on the trio set...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

yeah, not sure what's gone on there. I bought a pair when they first came out and they were perfect but the ones from subsequent batches are a lot bigger.

I bought a pair from their first batch and I think they look great. The size might be a little big, but overall I'm happy with them. With such a kicka$$ hs, nobody is looking at his feet anyway :lol

10728870435_0e47d5176c.jpg

Something very strange that I just noticed. On the holster, half of those that I have seen have the little strap/buckle going toward the front and some are going toward the back. Check yours and see what you have. What direction should it be pointed?

Something very strange that I just noticed. On the holster, half of those that I have seen have the little strap/buckle going toward the front and some are going toward the back. Check yours and see what you have. What direction should it be pointed?

When I put my gun rig together from BGT, they had the strap going forward. When I swapped the the belts & put the holster on, I changed it facing backwards like the movies.

theguns.jpg

Here is mine:

10729198903_b2357656d6_n.jpg

Back