[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe this is how their system works and Denny has already reiterated nothing is wrong in their view on the system... just go back several pages to when some of us lost out on the VIP preordering.

Just because you added it to your cart, it does not mean the item is in your possession. You had to add it to cart and fill out all the information before someone else who added that same item to their cart. For example... I filled my information out and submitted it in about 15 seconds. This means that anyone else who added the same DX I added would have to reenter their information again as it'd give them an error.

I believe this is how their system works and Denny has already reiterated nothing is wrong in their view on the system... just go back several pages to when some of us lost out on the VIP preordering.

Just because you added it to your cart, it does not mean the item is in your possession. You had to add it to cart and fill out all the information before someone else who added that same item to their cart. For example... I filled my information out and submitted it in about 15 seconds. This means that anyone else who added the same DX I added would have to reenter their information again as it'd give them an error.

:exactly::lecture

Fairness means everyone emails Denny and he draws them out of a hat.

That is essentially what happened. Those who attempted to order were the candidates in the hat and those who succeeded were the ones that were drawn. Absolutely unbiased. Justified? Subjective.

In reality then, an item should not even show up in your cart unless it is available. We should have had to re-fresh to get it into the cart and once in there, we should have been able to continue the checkout process.

It was mentioned earlier as an example that it is like a limited edition run on Nike shoes. First into the store gets the product. Well, imagine that you were in the store, had the shoes in your shopping cart, waited in line at the checkout, and then when it was your turn to pay, you were told that your shopping cart was empty. Please go back to the shoe department and try to grab another pair and when it is your turn to pay, we'll let you know if the shoes are still in your cart.

In reality then, an item should not even show up in your cart unless it is available. We should have had to re-fresh to get it into the cart and once in there, we should have been able to continue the checkout process.

It was mentioned earlier as an example that it is like a limited edition run on Nike shoes. First into the store gets the product. Well, imagine that you were in the store, had the shoes in your shopping cart, waited in line at the checkout, and then when it was your turn to pay, you were told that your shopping cart was empty. Please go back to the shoe department and try to grab another pair and when it is your turn to pay, we'll let you know if the shoes are still in your cart.

Except it doesn't work like that for 99% of all online retailers. I've had this happen for other stuff before online. The only one I can think of is Amazon for their lightning deals. Clearly Denny is trying their best, but unless you're willing to pay for a webstore overhaul, this is literally the best we have. I think the easiest solution is to just increase the edition sizes NEXT time. And trust me... I feel you on this. I lost out during the VIP preordering event.

Probably not smart to extend the sale of this. Yea He's losing money and potentially turned off customers, and still has a staff of people's salaries to pay. But you guys know the deal.

Clint Eastwood Blondie is too iconic a figure to be using gimmick Limited Edition tactics as sales bait. There's only one real argument to keep the edition low and as a quiet as possible, and we all know what that is. If that's why there can be no more...then whoever got one got lucky and whoever didn't lucked out.

On to the next, this character will get done again anyways I'm certain.

Last edited:
I have to say, I am quite surprised by all the folks who are complaining about the DX editions being so small, or that the site was slow or screwy. Of course it is frustrating when we can't get what we want, but this is no different from buying concert or sports tickets from ticketmaster. I can't tell you how many times I have missed out on concert tickets because the site could not handle the bandwidth, the site screwed up my order, or the venue was so small that there were barely any seats available.

This is also no different from when Rainman puts his stuff for sale, and also offers deluxe editions. And his deluxe editions are typically limited to 10 copies! Missed on tons of those too.

Except for batfan... He should have gotten one.

Thanks, Reinhardt; means a lot.:1-1:

I'm happy that I was able to get the regular full-set, althought the DX is what I preferred. I can live with that. What worries me is in the future, if this is precedent setting, I don't want to have to settle for the second option when the first option is the one I want.

I'm just curious as to where Axe and Marf went to. It's like they just vanished.:lol

:wave

I've been enjoying some quality time with the family. :)

I'm sorry to hear about the mess with the ordering system some of you fell victim to. I sincerely hope that Denny is able to accommodate you few by at the very least making you priority waitlisters or something.

Just wanted to pop in and say I empathize with those that weren't able to snag what they were after, and congratulate those that did!

Oh, and I'm not enjoying any artist proof, I have to play the same waiting game that all of you do. :lol

I just purchased concert tickets a few weeks back. The system kept my tickets in the cart for 90 secs to type in my info and pay. If I had not finished checkout in the specified time I would lose the tickets from my cart and have to re-choose if the same seats were not available. The 90 secs, which doesn't sound like much, was more than enough time to complete checkout. This system would work well for these type figure sales IMO.

I do not feel that upping the ES after advertising it well ahead of purchase time is a good idea.

I just purchased concert tickets a few weeks back. The system kept my tickets in the cart for 90 secs to type in my info and pay. If I had not finished checkout in the specified time I would lose the tickets from my cart and have to re-choose if the same seats were not available. The 90 secs, which doesn't sound like much, was more than enough time to complete checkout. This system would work well for these type figure sales IMO.

I do not feel that upping the ES after advertising it well ahead of purchase time is a good idea.

Was it something like ticketmaster? There's a reason we have to pay $10 for "convenience charge"... that's the convenience lol. But I feel you.... just not easy to implement man. You guys are asking a small custom toy group to implement something that not very many places even have. Even if we were to enable the same process... it'd be like buying OU football tickets where everyone is clicking add to card over and over... and then you have the inevitable drop outs, waiting, and other problems that those systems also experience. There's simply no easy solution besides increasing edition sizes which Denny does not want for some reason. Maybe an agreement with his other partners on this project?

Congratulations to Denny and his team, and to Dane and Ankit, this is a fantastic release! I was fortunate to grab a regular version.
I have a few questions/comments:

VEST
Looking at this pic, and comparing it to the most famous screenshot, are we able to bring the vest in closer together, so that there isn't such a big gap between each side?

64473_531620516902580_937763175_n_zps931c8111.jpg

eastwood_good_ugly.jpg

GUN BELT
From the pic above, the belt buckle looks to be gold and bigger than what is in the prototype pic. What are your thoughts on that? The regular belt looks to be wider as well in the screenshot.

PANTS
How does the fly close? I hope it's not bulky. I would prefer that the opening be on the back so that the pants don't stick out too much in the front. At that scale, it's very hard to have a pants close properly and not add bulk.

PONCHO
I am assuming with the weathering that the front and back won't look different? How stiff is the poncho? Will it fall nicely? Does it have a wire in it? While the wire sometimes works very well, generally I am not a big fan of it since it makes it hard to have natural poses.

Last edited:
:explode::explode::explode::explode::explode:
Damn, wish I had seen this thread earlier. What an awesome piece! Congrats on all who snagged him. Look at that painted headsculpt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:explode::explode::explode::explode::explode:

Cancelled my clothing set and just went with a painted sculpt. After doing some research, it won't be too difficult to bash this one together. While I love the vest, the definitive MWNN aspect of this piece is that sculpt, so I'm very happy to have the chance to own it.

And yes, this post makes me sleep better at night lol

Cancelled my clothing set and just went with a painted sculpt. After doing some research, it won't be too difficult to bash this one together. While I love the vest, the definitive MWNN aspect of this piece is that sculpt, so I'm very happy to have the chance to own it.

And yes, this post makes me sleep better at night lol

My thoughts exactly that's why I ended up with the sculpt only. Everything should be relatively easy to attain.

Back