[iminime] / Trevor Grove - The Cowboy ~ FULL REVEAL ~

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, again, why couldn't they offer up unpainted sculpts? They would still have the certificate and exclusive IMINIME paintjob.

I think it has nothing to do with that. It's just the hatless sculpt is only for DX. Just like Hot toys sideshow exclusives...

I think we have all sufficiently expressed our concerns about the ordering issues. Denny will absolutely get the message. It doesn't help if we ramble on about this topic for another 10 pages. Therefore, let's discuss other things about this release.

Yeah, that makes sense to me and again, I'm not in the market, I was just confused by this exchange:

I understand being sick of the conversation but at least use real reasons for the unpainted HS not being offered. :lol

And thanks for reply, YANOULI.

The general idea is that unpainted sculpts go for $50-$75 and painted ones go for $140-$175 so its easier for someone who is trying to recast to not have to come out of pocket the extra money. Of course it's not fool proof but it seems to slow some folks down.

So there are two schools of thought. Not doing unpainted sculpts for the reason I just mentioned or doing what Rainman has been and re-releasing unpainted sculpts. I'm not saying that he does this to combat recasting; he does this to sell them but it may have a positive effect on recasting. Since they aren't that scarce anymore it's possible that people will hold out for the genuine article instead of funding recasting essentially making recasting less worthwhile.

I bought a DX set, and would have no issue with Denny opening up, say, 10 extra DX heads for VIPs only who could not order the DX set through the regular order system due to the screwy checkout process (and I agree 100% with greatlakes about it). If you only offer it to VIPs, if you keep it very limited, if you charge the same amount as they would have had to pay to get it with the DX set (DX set price - regular set price), and if you don't offer a certificate with it and don't include it in the figure's box, so it doesn't appear as "special" in some way, would other buyers of the DX accept this? Maybe even offer only unpainted sculpts for that price, so these folks could have the sculpt, but not the paint job?

I don't think making the DX open ended or something like that is the answer, but maybe there is some compromise that would make VIPs who missed out like chili not feel shafted while still allowing this to be special for those who did order the DX.

Thanks, Pop. Rainman's model definitely makes the most sense to me. I'm all for the artist making and keeping as much as possible, as opposed to flippers and recasters.

I bought a DX set, and would have no issue with Denny opening up, say, 10 extra DX heads for VIPs only who could not order the DX set through the regular order system due to the screwy checkout process (and I agree 100% with greatlakes about it). If you only offer it to VIPs, if you keep it very limited, if you charge the same amount as they would have had to pay to get it with the DX set (DX set price - regular set price), and if you don't offer a certificate with it and don't include it in the figure's box, so it doesn't appear as "special" in some way, would other buyers of the DX accept this? Maybe even offer only unpainted sculpts for that price, so these folks could have the sculpt, but not the paint job?

I don't think making the DX open ended or something like that is the answer, but maybe there is some compromise that would make VIPs who missed out like chili not feel shafted while still allowing this to be special for those who did order the DX.

I also got the DX, and what you say wouldn't bother me. I feel lucky, not special. So if it helps others then yes.

On a side note, could this also happen with future releases.

This reissue suggestion is a terrible, foolish precedent to set. Would more sets of Neo, Ras, Butler or DX Detective also be made available for those that missed those orders or for those that discover iminime 6 months from now? Those release didn't even have an edition size attached to them.

No, the edition size was established before ordering, people ordered based on that information and if Denny throws that away the integrity of his company and the trust he has built with his customers is at stake. :nono

You're definitely on to something; all are good ideas. I think it is still special even if it was to be offered separately. I wouldn't mind seeing the head offered in a small run with a COA of its own. Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Denny offer 5 more DX full sets. There's an obvious tremendous response for this release; the biggest for Iminime to date. A larger than usual run should be an order. It would be awesome if they could offer 5 more DX sets and 5 painted DX heads with a different "head only" COA.

I never like to see anyone miss let alone a vet but the VIP membership is not a guarantee; its an increased chance. We all know that

This reissue suggestion is a terrible, foolish precedent to set. Would more sets of Neo, Ras, Butler or DX Detective also be made available for those that missed those orders or for those that discover iminime 6 months from now? Those release didn't even have an edition size attached to them.

No, the edition size was established before ordering, people ordered based on that information and if Denny throws that away the integrity of his company and the trust he has built with his customers is at stake. :nono

There goes the man! :hi5:

I agree. History is history and it should be left there. But I think we're just talking about extending the ES for Cowboy. It's still basically in the PO stage so I'd have no problem with it :dunno

Big difference with all those others releases is that everyone had a fair opportunity to own them. Not the case here because of the screwy checkout system. But I don't think increasing the edition size of the DX is the answer because I think that will rub a number of folks the wrong way. But maybe there is some other compromise. Maybe not.

I never like to see anyone miss let alone a vet but the VIP membership is not a guarantee; its an increased chance. We all know that
Of course, this is true, and for this reason I'm also totally OK with Denny just leaving it as it is. But putting myself in chili's shoes, or youbastards after the first round, I can definitely feel where they are coming from.

From my understanding, it wasn't first come, first served, but first come at a certain random point, first served. That, to me, is not fair. Unless you're talking Harvey Dent Dark Knight type fair.

And when it came time to reserve badges for SDCC some people had slow computers, crappy internet connections, or were confused about what buttons to press or info to enter. sheesh :slap

Many would argue that luck is the key element in securing a DX because each had to be lucky with timing during the checkout process. That means we are essentially arguing that luck isn't fair, not the checkout system itself. The fact that the checkout system factors luck into the equation does not mean it is intrinsically unfair. Luck, however, is unfair.

I'm cool with additional DX heads for VIPs.

And when it came time to reserve badges for SDCC some people had slow computers, crappy internet connections, or were confused about what buttons to press or info to enter. sheesh :slap
Well just tell me this--did you get one? What about you jeff? I'm wondering how many folks who missed out but wanted this, VIPs specifically, would take your perspective.

Apparently speed of computer and familiarity of the system had nothing to do with this, based on Youbastards' information. At that point, like Jeff said, it really did come down to luck. And "fairness" may or may not be defined in those terms. I take the definition of fairness as something that is "just," not just something that is "unbiased." But Denny has argued that he thinks his system is fine, so from that POV it probably doesn't matter anyway. If he thinks it's fine, and that's the system used to get these figures, then there is no justifiable criticism of it that he's going to listen to anyway.

Back