[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some way-poor cell-phone pictures. I took some pictures of Trio-Blondies belt, which is different - I assume more screen accurate, but I haven't checked. Again - an amazing set. One of my all-time favorites and done exquisitely. Thank you Denny! Amazing stuff.

Also, obviously I haven't gotten Tuco's rings right yet. They didn't fit on the hand I wanted to use and I haven't bother to work them on yet.

Also also, I want to point out how pleased I am that Denny included HT-style black stands. Very appreciated.

Tuco looks like a lot of fun. And I can definitely see putting AE's pipe to use. Nice accessory

Picked up mine today, great looking set, thanks iminime. Something I've wanted for a very very long time is a GBU trio, so this is a dream purchase for me. One of the 5 best movies ever made. Obviously the clothes will look better after a bit of water treatment, especially Blondies poncho, but great stuff overall.

I originally thought from the initial pictures that Angel Eyes was the slightly weaker link sculpt-wise, but somewhat to my surprise, he's actually my favourite. His cold reptilian glare is captured perfectly. My only negative would be that Tuco is a little too tall, so I may do a body swap on him at some point if I can find a suitable body. Oh, and I can't get his rings on for love or money. Maybe it would have been better to have these molded in to the hand, though I understand why this isn't so.

Overall, 9.5/10. Really really good. Top notch work, and you guys should be proud of yourself. Really high quality products.

Just arrived fresh!!!
a8ajeqav.jpg
y4y4u8a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are some way-poor cell-phone pictures. I took some pictures of Trio-Blondies belt, which is different - I assume more screen accurate, but I haven't checked. Again - an amazing set. One of my all-time favorites and done exquisitely. Thank you Denny! Amazing stuff.

Also, obviously I haven't gotten Tuco's rings right yet. They didn't fit on the hand I wanted to use and I haven't bother to work them on yet.

Also also, I want to point out how pleased I am that Denny included HT-style black stands. Very appreciated.

Awesome poses. Think I'm gonna throw the blu ray on this weekend to get some ideas. All of my figures are boxed up until October when I move, but I don't think I can keep these guys locked away that long. Their awesomeness won't allow it.

I am not interested in unique or rare, I find it very disrespectful to the original buyers and supporters of the first run (usually the only run) of Blondie, blondie gets re-released with better boots, belt, holster, added bullets, vest... thats not cool.

The trio cowboy not only required purchase of a $1500 set but when priced out was more than $100 than the initial release. The boots were not changed with the mindset to improve them. The real leather boots were more expensive and time consuming and thusly were dubbed out for the easier to reproduce resin ones. And as having been an original owner myself I can say that I'm not thrilled about the plastic bullets on the belt as I previously filled the loops in the originals belt with metal casings from battle gear toys and it looked spectacular. I'm unaware of any changes to the vest. I'm pretty sure the nature of the look of the vest dictates irregular reproduction.

I bebeleoebe
Yes we knew and most weren't too thrilled, we were even told we could upgrade and get the new ones at one point and then recently we were told no, plus the added bullets, new holster, and supposedly newer vest (not sure if it is) was never discussed...

I believe from the original release the holsters was purchased from battle gear toys. With that being said I purchased a clothing set from Denny. That's it does not come with the boots or the holster. I've been trying to get the holster for months since I purchased the clothing set. Battle gear toys did not have it in stock until recently. So I believe Danny was forced to produce the holster in house. So I believe that's the reason why the holster was changed.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! It really is a fantastic set and a lot of fun to play around with. I really need to get an actual camera to do these guys justice.

-The wrist band is a custom done by Steve-o toys. I wanted to distinguish my Clints by more than just a hat and a poncho, so I added the wrist guard to make one Manco and the other Blondie.
-Tuco's pants are an accurate facsimile of corduroy, I think.
-On the boots - I prefer the single release Cowboy boots for a couple reasons. Yeah, they are a big cloggish, but they look more realistic and feature actual ankle articulation. Clint has this iconic lean thing that he does where he moves most of his weight on to one leg and juts his hip out a little. You can't really do that with the new boots due to a lack of ankle movement. That is a pretty small issue to most, but one that matters to me, as this is the pose I usually try to go for with Blondie:
clinteastwood-2.jpg
The sets of resin boots that come with the trio are nice and look good, but after owning DX Cowboy and RM's Angel Eyes, I kind of prefer cloth boots. Luckily, cowboy and jack boots are some of the easiest things to find on the third market for a bash. In conclusion, I agree with Wake - the resin boots seem more of a cost cutting measure and not an upgrade, so I really wouldn't get bent out of shape about them.
-Concerning the vest - this isn't an upgraded vest per se, it just seems a little different. I don't know if the yellowing is accurate or not and I am fairly certain that there was a large degree of variance in the actual films. The nature of these small run art figures is that re-releases will often have small variances.

The boots are reused from the Town Sheriff set. I understand how they can maybe look better in a way, but they also don't jive perfectly to me. We've still yet to find the perfect boots for this set

Ok I'll hunt a Angel Eyes clothing set to upgrade my rm figure. Not sure about which headsculpt is better though. Clint is the definite home run. Judging by the pictures, I'm not liking this tuco but it's still a nice figure.

Whether they were produced because they were "cheaper" and whether or not some people don't like them more then the original boots, I think its unfair that the people who do like them more and were told originally we could get them can't now, id like to know the reasoning behind that? They r so cheap and easier to make then the first, so what's the deal?

Oh man! The pics you guys have taken is really wetting my appetite for these. I think Angel Eyes sculpt looks very good, I like to get these things in hand though, even the best photography don't always do the figs justice.

My set is still stuck in customs. :gah::impatient:

Could anyone give me the details on the retail price of the set? Or were they sold separately? I have already seen Tuco and Angel Eyes for sale here on the boards and evilbay.

Sent from my GT-P3113

Could anyone give me the details on the retail price of the set? Or were they sold separately? I have already seen Tuco and Angel Eyes for sale here on the boards and evilbay.

Sent from my GT-P3113

Angel Eyes and Tuco were retailed separately, or you could buy them along with Blondie as part of the Trio Set.

I think Angel Eyes and Tuco were around the $450 mark if i remember correct and the Trio Set around $1,500.

Back