[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] The Bad & The Ugly - Completing 'The Cowboy'

Yep, I cant tell you what I was sniffing at the time though. :thud:

Oh to hell with it, you're only here once.
Unless your a Buddhist.

You were sniffing that awesome plasticy smell that you'll sniff when you open that box in a few days.:lol

There was one seller in the UK who sold two DX sets early November. One after the other. Both of those sets seem like bargains now.

My bad. FSR eBay didn't pull those auctions up when I checked for completed DX auctions. :slap

Yeah, I cant believe I won it. The other bidders must of said, I'm not spending a cent over 3k:dunno:lol

Noobs! LOL.

Glad it's going to someone on the board. Small world. Congrats! :hi5:

Lol, I own Wakes Avatar. :exactly:

HAHA... take it! I will change mine tonight! As far as Im concerned you own the photos too. Use them as you see fit.

Im really happy to hear that its going to a fellow boardie. Keep it in the family.

Shells075 is the buyer methinks

sherlock_holmes_minimalist_wallpaper_by_war10ck88-d53ydqe.jpg

:yess: thought so :lol

HAHA... take it! I will change mine tonight! As far as Im concerned you own the photos too. Use them as you see fit.

Im really happy to hear that its going to a fellow boardie. Keep it in the family.

Geez that's very nice of you Wake, Thanks buddy. :wave

Lol, you were on to me early Detective Kubrick

I got to go to bed now, night freaks.

The final winning bid will always only be a small amount over the next highest bid. High bidder could have bid $500 more, but it will only be a small bit higher than the next highest bid. So, the 88 cents thing isn't shocking to me.

True Sam. But the thing Matt (shells) should take away is that there were at least 3 people who had it valued at 2800 and at least 1 other who had it at 3k. Market value

if people want some other outfit for him.
let me know. but we cant just make few you know ^^

let me check if people wanting more outfit.

denny

I do, but I would need another sculpt to go with it.

Guys,... I am not an expert in any of this. But i have enough business sense to see what's fake and what's not. Of what little i have dealt on this forum i can safely say that Omar is the least likely of any custom company / rep here to stage auctions. I think if anything some other custom companies should learn how fellow freaks voices are heard, their demands are acknowledged and more importantly compassion and patience is displayed in dealing with them. There have been many a thread where in i ask questions of help and support. Few members always respond and support but never any custom creator nor their reps if any or any one from their org. Here, in Omar, at least newbees like me have someone who guides them and responds to them.

His dx set sold for 3k so what? Its like saying an employee who works for GM should never sell his limited release GM car. Mind you he dint have access to some special set because of his association with iminime. He sold a set that some others have too. Lastly ebay is the riskiest place to stage an auction.

I am not an expert on custom figures, i am not an expert in clothing, accessories or the whole nine yards, but i am sure in my limited experience so far in dealing with businesses across the globe, i can safely differentiate between what's fake and what's not, if not from a product perspective, at least from a people stand point. My suggestion, let's back off from this unfortunate comment war thats been waged.

Iminime is improving by the day, not just in the nature of their work, but more importantly in the nature on how its dealing with its fans! The biggest reason behind that is Omar! So from one fan to another, let's think very carefully when we throw accusations. It's not good both in real world nor in a forum like this.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Absolutely agree with Leon.
Stop insulting those who serve you. First people embarrassed Denny, now Wake. If you want to make everybody happy make your own 1/6 production company, and make top figures. Otherwise, you insult those who serve the community and in the end the collectors suffer from the absence of company representatives and possibility to communicate for better product.
If you want to be cool do something for the community. Denny is gracious to still be around, but we should be nice to him and Wake. If you think something is unfair PM first, make sure you got it right. And please do not put all the personal stuff to the thread. Thanks.

I really don't get why some choose to pat Wake on the back when the question that was asked was completely sidestepped....Is it appropriate behavior for an Official Sales Rep or Partner of Iminime, who is very involved in production, has access to people's personal info and controls product, to be holding an aftermarket auction and speculating on aftermarket prices, using it as some kind of marketing tool on these boards by posting links to the auction, upstaging the price for it, and using the auction as some sort of leverage to convince people of what... that a $1500 dollar bundled trio is a steal? If anything I'd consider this spamming. The customs section are flooded with iminime threads and whenever I vist one I get an "Official Representative" trying to convince people to buy this stuff by SPECULATING on aftermarket prices! Heres another recent example:

See for me I obviously love Star Wars, Indy, etc... but Oz always held a more important role in my mind than say Taxi Driver. Oz represents wonder and fascination and nostalgia of a bygone era. I really hope this release sells well because not only is it risky but its pushing the envelope in many ways including quality. I can see this being a cult figure that would fetch 3 or 4 times its original cost just because it will stand up to time and when other bigger fans of the movie stumble across it they will want it with no regard for cost. Of course the success of this release will also assure the development of at least another of the quartet.

The thing hasn't even come out yet and it's already being gouged by someone who is directly linked to the distribution of these products! I mean how dare anyone say I can't question this and then try and spin this into somthing personal. There is definately a clubhouse culture going on with these products and you'd be naive to think that "special favors" aren't the order of the day. I'm not directly accusing anyone of these practices but I am questioning some very sketchy pattens and trends regarding this whole aftermarket issue. Let the product speak for itself, let the customers decide what their willing to pay and let Official reps or business partners with a business agenda stay out of it.

Last edited:

turbo.VS.ozone everyone sees your point. If you're right, it will be obvious in half a year or so, and you will have proper right to say "look, this is what I told you will happen", but until when... these are accusations out of the blue (forgive me for this phrase).
Wake is not an angel, and some time he overreacts, but it's more than enough to post about it.

Again, I don't see the problem. You have to remember that part of what got Wake the CS position was his previously formed connection with IMINIME as a collector and a customer. He wasn't always a CS sales rep, he was a member here. So, with that in mind, why should he have to censor himself? He's a member here because he enjoys the hobby, not because he's an IMINIME billboard. I think the problem you're thinking is: is it appropriate for someone to have personal posts when he is also using the same account to market IMINIME stuff/interact with fans in an official capacity? Frankly, I say "yes." Again, Omar's Wake account was here long before the CS partnership, so he should be able to use it as he pleases.

With that in mind, what Omar does as a person and a private citizen is none of your, or my, concern. He's also a collector, and, frankly, it's a little reassuring knowing that something I paid a lot of money for isn't going to plummet in value. Granted, the odds of me selling are nil, but, nevertheless, it's nice to know that, if I ever found myself in a position where I was desperate enough, I wouldn't be getting pennies on the dollar. What I'm getting at here is that just because he posts about something, why do you assume that's his business persona talking? This is a forum where people type what they're thinking based on a stream of consciousness. I could say that he could "think before he posts," but, again, why should he have to?

Also, in regards to "special favors," CS didn't exist when The Cowboy came out. As an active member in that thread, all of my interactions with Wake were as two fans that were excited about the same release. Point is: whatever luck Wake had in getting a DX was his own, and he has every right to sell his own, private property for what he pleases. Just like you, or I, have the right to sell our **** if we want to, and at whatever price we deem fit. With that in mind, how is he responsible for a free market economy taking its course? There was no supply and demand in action, simply people with money deciding how much they wanted to pay for something; something that Omar had no control over.

Last edited:
Back