[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] The Bad & The Ugly - Completing 'The Cowboy'

Sure. Blondie with a horse was listed on eBay, and someone paid $3,000 for it. Therefore, $3,000 for Blondie with horse.

:lol

To clarify (and not to take the wind out of the joke, but for those who are still puzzled), this was the first DX set (as opposed to the regular full sets) that was listed on eBay. :lecture

That, plus the horse, and Wake's awesome product photography, were IMHO what led the price to skyrocket like it did.

Economics 101.

SUPPLY AND DEMAND!

I doubt the buyer even knew what a DX is.

This is out of hand. Can we all get over the fact Wake sold a blondie for 3 grand? what does it matter? someone was willing to buy it, and pay that price.
If you listed a figure and it sold for that much, would you not sell it? I also challenge you to take pictures and make a listing quite as good as wakes was represented.
Would you feel bad for "letting it" go that high? of course not. its not up to you, its up to the buyer. supply+demand.

BACK to the real point of this thread -

Denny, a second Blondie outfit?!? That sounds interesting! Is there an ETA on that?

Would anyone be brave to weather their Blondie figure?

Would anyone be brave to weather their Blondie figure?

I think if done properly it would only increase the value. I had Nathan Eakins wearer and bloody my Kato Sean Rick and just wait till you guys see the pictures on those

Buyer is UK based. Had "1960" in his screen name. Probably a hardcore Eastwood collector.

If Denny is going to be offering Blondie's bounty hunter outfit, I do think it might be wise to offer some modded regular heads with the white hat. Those of us who were lucky enough to attain a DX head are fine, but, unfortunately, that isn't the case for everyone, and some of those who might want that look on their shelf might not have the luxury of having a DX head.

I understand the notion that, between the original run and the trios, and the various, separate heads that are out there, this is looking less and less like a "limited edition," but, still, I think a different hat is plenty enough to differentiate the editions, and it wouldn't alienate those who don't have the DX.

I think if done properly it would only increase the value. I had Nathan Eakins wearer and bloody my Kato Sean Rick and just wait till you guys see the pictures on those

I think Elvis would kill it!!! Maybe when my trio comes in they can take a visit to him. By the way drinks are on you lol....the buyer has to be die hard fan and wealthy at the same time lol

How many DX sculpts do you think are floating about?

Wasn't it 25 DX sets, then some DX sculpts were given out unpainted to several people.:dunno

I think it might've been a little more than 35. If I recall, a few extra DX orders slipped through the cracks, as well. So, if I had to guess, I'd say about somewhere between 40-45 tops.

:lol

To clarify (and not to take the wind out of the joke, but for those who are still puzzled), this was the first DX set (as opposed to the regular full sets) that was listed on eBay. :lecture

That, plus the horse, and Wake's awesome product photography, were IMHO what led the price to skyrocket like it did.

There was one seller in the UK who sold two DX sets early November. One after the other. Both of those sets seem like bargains now.

Can't wait for extra outfits for Blondie. Bounty outfit would be the way to go.

As for people who wanted a different head and didn't get the DX set................. isn't Velvet Morning making some Blondies. Hatted, none hatted and also bounty hunter hatted...?

Omar, I thank you for sharing what happened here. It's certainly food for thought, and no doubt will come up in the future when people are talking about whether figures appreciate in value. But I really think that having gone this far in no way obligates you to divulge more. The suggestion that your account is anything less than transparent was rude. You have nothing to prove. And thanks for everything. :1-1:

Shells075 is the buyer methinks

sherlock_holmes_minimalist_wallpaper_by_war10ck88-d53ydqe.jpg

Back