[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denny has said the sculpt was prepared for narrow shoulder proportions thusly a conversion to a different body is impossible. Secondarily the slim body is currently not in stock and won't be until July. Which will be in time for Jesse but not for tuco.

Was there any consideration of getting Tuco on the smaller body?

I sincerely hope that this detail has not been forgotten or overlooked.

I completely agree with you gentlemen.

I think that we got our answer in the total silence toward our concern

Jeez mike give a brother a chance to get home from work, feed the dog and go to the gym. Sigh. I'm discussing it with Denny. A little more patience please.

... I don't see how it was that stressful for Wake, nor how he wouldn't have had time to feed his dog and work out considering he took 2 weeks to respond and has been active in all other sales threads. Asking for an acknowledgment to an issue several of us brought up that was already previously brushed off isn't pushing too hard or out of line, and certainly not something to "feel sorry for wake, denny, and iminime for"

Mike Ferraro, if you look at the above posts and go back and note the time and date of each you will notice that my response was in fact meant to illustrate that I had not had time to answer the question posed 4 hours or so earlier as I was finishing up at the office, feed and walk my dog and workout and shower before having time to sit down and chat with Denny (who at 14 hours ahead was also ready to talk by noon Korea time or ten PM eastern. It was not in reference to the initial questions posed two weeks prior when I had no answer because Denny hadn't responded and I was unqualified to provide a reply. Understand that in other threads I can sometimes answer questions right away because I already know the answers to questions asked. Trust that Denny wish is for everyone to be pleased with his product and he considered the changes for quite a while. But he's running a business and must take into account financials and projections that only he knows.

The clothes was designed for the Narrow body equivalent and recutting the pattern is not possible at this time. Additionally the slim body wont be ready in time for the trio production while it will be for BrBa.

Additionally note this post dated January 22nd. Which once again echoes what Denny has already confirmed. So I'm also not sure where the accusation of my not acknowledging the question is coming from.

I don't really think Omar should have to keep an account with people. While I agree that it would've been nice if Tuco was smaller, the fact remains that people have lives outside of the hobby, and Omar has responded in the past, so I wouldn't say he's personally ignoring you. As he said, too, keep in mind the time difference, as Denny's on the other side of the world. At the end of the day, though, what it comes down to is "how badly do you want 'perfection?'" I think it would certainly contribute to the authenticity on a smaller body, but, if it's not logistically possible, is it really going to kill what is, otherwise, probably the definitive Tuco figure?

I don't really think Omar should have to keep an account with people. While I agree that it would've been nice if Tuco was smaller, the fact remains that people have lives outside of the hobby, and Omar has responded in the past, so I wouldn't say he's personally ignoring you. As he said, too, keep in mind the time difference, as Denny's on the other side of the world. At the end of the day, though, what it comes down to is "how badly do you want 'perfection?'" I think it would certainly contribute to the authenticity on a smaller body, but, if it's not logistically possible, is it really going to kill what is, otherwise, probably the definitive Tuco figure?

You are right Spiros, but I think--i hope--the PopCultKid just FORGOT that I replied on Jan 22nd to the quesiton of Tuco's body. In fact in the very subsequent post PCK replied to my post with "that's a shame." So Im not sure where the confusion lies. In any event, no big deal. Its a situaltion that can probably be resolved with a mod or two if the final figure is ultimately unsatisfying to anyone who thinks the height is a deal breaker.

Bottom line if u don't like the figure don't buy it. theirs no gun to your head saying u need to buy it. People are so dramatic over little things in this hobby drives me nuts. This set is top shelf stuff right here true Grail status right here. The likeness is amazing on all three characters. So happy to be getting these two to go with my Blondie!!!!

Bottom line if u don't like the figure don't buy it. theirs no gun to your head saying u need to buy it.

honestly, NOTHING frustrated me more than this response right here to someone making a suggestion to the improvement of the accuracy of a figure.

as mike said, he STARTED this project, he's certainly not complaining for the sake of it or saying he won't buy! He noted a very important scale difference between the characters, and Denny has a great reputation for revisiting sculpts, tailoring etc due to certain feedback, to in the end bring the best possible product out to his customers. thats why he has such a great reputation

if it wasn't for guys like Mike, myself, and lots of others, who are the companys most loyal and longtime customers giving constructive criticism, we'd ALL be worse off and be paying 300+ for something not as good as it could have been. Instead of tossing in a misinformed comment like that, you really should be saying thank you for speaking up and rallying momentum and striving for the perfection we know the company is capable of!

I think people making a suggestion is fine. To tell people not to buy it cause they have an idea that could improve it is "nuts". My set is bought and paid for and will look amazing on the shelf, but I would be willing to wait even longer to make it that much better. Not a deal breaker by any means. This is what custom figures are all about and the maker being open to ideas. Looks like it's a no for Tuco, so people can come up with other solutions to fixing the height if they want to :wink1:

Nothing is misinformed where are you gonna get a shorter body from they really don't exist unless every body for this character is modified and then this will be very expensive because it's a massive undertaking to do so. Your not the only one that buys Denny's product I'm just as loyal to Denny as the next guy I just don't buy everything he offers because some of his characters are not my taste. If the height is a issue u can shorten yourself it's a paint I've done it twice already and it's a lot of work. I just don't think it should be a deal breaker that is all this is amazing and glad I will own it.

honestly, NOTHING frustrated me more than this response right here to someone making a suggestion to the improvement of the accuracy of a figure.

as mike said, he STARTED this project, he's certainly not complaining for the sake of it or saying he won't buy! He noted a very important scale difference between the characters, and Denny has a great reputation for revisiting sculpts, tailoring etc due to certain feedback, to in the end bring the best possible product out to his customers. thats why he has such a great reputation

if it wasn't for guys like Mike, myself, and lots of others, who are the companys most loyal and longtime customers giving constructive criticism, we'd ALL be worse off and be paying 300+ for something not as good as it could have been. Instead of tossing in a misinformed comment like that, you really should be saying thank you for speaking up and rallying momentum and striving for the perfection we know the company is capable of!

:goodpost: :exactly: :hi5:

You took the thoughts right outta my head

I think people making a suggestion is fine. To tell people not to buy it cause they have an idea that could improve it is "nuts". My set is bought and paid for and will look amazing on the shelf, but I would be willing to wait even longer to make it that much better. Not a deal breaker by any means. This is what custom figures are all about and the maker being open to ideas. Looks like it's a no for Tuco, so people can come up with other solutions to fixing the height if they want to :wink1:

:exactly:

I do think it'd be great if they had a shorter Tuco, but you've got to think about this from a logistic standpoint. Omar's stated that the shorter body doesn't hit until July. That means that, until July, there's nothing that can be done. There's no point of reference to retailor the clothes, and, if they have to wait until that long to get a modified prototype sample, how long will it be until the production process is done? Keep in mind that, due to the way these are being released, Tuco being delayed would also potentially delay the other figures in the line in instances such as The Trio. I fully acknowledge and agree that shorter would be better, but do all 25 of those people (of which some may be you) want to wait a half a year to get their Angel Eyes and Blondie while Tuco is modified?

Then, you've got to factor in that, as was stated earlier, the actual sculpt was made specifically for the current body. Therefore, if July comes and anything's different with the body, what happens then? Do they resculpt the whole thing? It's a lot of work for a figure that's already been put up for pre-order. Another thing to remember is Denny's business method. Everything's on a schedule, and everything moves like clockwork, an undertaking such as this would require delays/project shifts, etc. and you've got to ask yourselves "is an inch that important?"

I do think it'd be great if they had a shorter Tuco, but you've got to think about this from a logistic standpoint. Omar's stated that the shorter body doesn't hit until July. That means that, until July, there's nothing that can be done. There's no point of reference to retailor the clothes, and, if they have to wait until that long to get a modified prototype sample, how long will it be until the production process is done? Keep in mind that, due to the way these are being released, Tuco being delayed would also potentially delay the other figures in the line in instances such as The Trio. I fully acknowledge and agree that shorter would be better, but do all 25 of those people (of which some may be you) want to wait a half a year to get their Angel Eyes and Blondie while Tuco is modified?

Actually the African American version of their Slim is available now. The only difference between that and what Tuco would come on is the color.

And just for the record, I wouldn't expect a change like this to be included in the current price because a fat suit would have to be developed too. I figured that the idea could be explored and Denny could run it past us and gauge interest to green light it or not. Something like, "ok it's doable but there would have to be a price increase of $XXX. Is everyone interested in that or not?". Then everyone can take that info and decide from there. I doubt that the price increase would be vast enough to scare anyone away who is interested in getting the best product possible

Actually the African American version of their Slim is available now. The only difference between that and what Tuco would come on is the color.

Ah, I didn't know that. That's an interesting development.

An inch is huge.

I could take that in so many directions, but I really don't want to. Low hanging fruit, brother.:lol

It's available in small quantities for retail prices. That would solve the prototyping problem but not the supply problem as it would still be until July that the bodies would not be available for use. It's all a moot point. Denny has made his decision. He has a tight schedule in place. And although it sounds plausible to merely charge additionally for the body change it's impractical. Aside from the 25 (really 27) trio sets there is also a significant amount of tuco fullsets sold.

believe me.

slim body will not work good.

too small and too slim to other two guys.

and all things including outfit and shoes etc need to redo.

I cant do things like that we some are already on production.

it's too late.
and importantly. it will not be good to use tuco on slim body for sure.

i know this better.

so. dont try to bring this up please

the sculpt is not good on that body too.

denny

Back