[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having said that, if folks want to do a private witch hunt, and come up with a compelling argument and suspect based on actual evidence, then it would be in the public interest (and interest of various 1/6 scale companies/artists) to have that heard here.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIxtKCAkokw[/ame]

:lol

Its still been awfully quiet about who actually helped Q out obtaining that Hatless sculpt......Things that make ya go Hmmmm...

I think its fairly widly known who helped him sadly there is very little to no evidence to prove it. As Kara said it's hard to throw out such a serious accusation without firm evidence.

I was watching For A Few Dollars More today. Another top film, Clint looks near identical, clothing, holster, belt etc. Van Cleef was in it too, but he was sort of like in partnership with Clints character this time, He seemed to be dressed Identical to how he is in TGTB&TU.
Cant wait to get him and Tuco.

A few more pics to remind me just what a top figure this is.:exactly:

DSCF2140_zpsbb2601e3.jpg
DSCF2142_zpsd49599df.jpg
DSCF2143_zpsca8bce0c.jpg
DSCF2144_zps7da5464d.jpg

I always found it strange that Eastwood wore the poncho in A Fistful of Dollars (1964), then again in For A Few Dollars More (1965), but first put it on in GBU (1966) near the end where he takes it from the soldier.

I always found it strange that Eastwood wore the poncho in A Fistful of Dollars (1964), then again in For A Few Dollars More (1965), but first put it on in GBU (1966) near the end where he takes it from the soldier.

I think it's a Raider Of The Lost Arc thing. Temple Of Doom is before Raiders as far as time line goes.

There's lot's of stuff on the Dollars Trilogy about just this.

I think it's a Raider Of The Lost Arc thing. Temple Of Doom is before Raiders as far as time line goes.

There's lot's of stuff on the Dollars Trilogy about just this.

Thats because it is not a trilogy.

It's curious. Some say MWNN is three different characters. IN GBU he is referred to many times as "Blondie" in FFD he's "Joe" once or twice iin FFDM he's "Manco" for the wrist brace.

I believe although Good Bad & Ugly was the last filmed it was the first of the three released in the US.

You'll notice it's not only the poncho that MWNN aquires in the film, he slowly picks up the rest of the outfit throughou the course of the story

GBU takes place during the civil war... uh well here's a wiki link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollars_Trilogy

Did Iminime come out with Tuco and Angel eyes?
I saw the outfits but never saw the full sets.

*sighs* My plans on trying to get Cowboy were scuttled back in the day, so I don't have a dog in the fight, as it were, but sure is disappointing that someone could've gotten the exclusive and then route it to a re-caster.

It does beg the question (admittedly I'm still inexperienced with customs, only owning one and another pending), though, since these are going at $100.00 each, why it wouldn't make sense for IMINIME to just sell them unpainted at that ~price (forgetting the specifics of Cowboy -- I know they won't be producing more for any reason, but I'm just questioning the general model), like I guess Rainman and now Beto are doing? I know this was argued back in the Cowboy thread but I still don't understand how it makes sense for IMINIME to basically give their sculpt away to a recaster to make money on.

I bought this very point up and agree.

Denny said however it's because if you re-cast the head it get's distorted in some way. I have to say though that those re-casts don't look distorted to me.

I'm sure in-hand they are not as nice as the originals but if they're good enough that people are paying $100.00, then yeah, I'd think that should be a concern. It's just a weird part of the custom business that I'll never understand. Most people seeing someone make $100.00 per unit of something they made would do something to counter it (imagine if it was someone recasting Disney products, for example) but it seems to some of the customizers it's considered akin to spillage, I guess.

One way to think of it would be--Denny had a strategy, and made a decision to produce only 35. And he's sticking to that decision thus far. Now, what's happened has happened, but that's outside of Denny's control. The fact that others are capitalizing means this is money he won't have, but he never intended to make more money off of them anyway, so I don't know that he would see this as an impetus to start selling his own sculpts.

With guys like Beto, it's different because he does want to reserve the right to sell more sculpts later on for profit.

I think the best way to combat recasters is to do what you guys are suggesting. But when it's a really rare, exclusive sculpt then that doesn't really seem like an option for these guys. I wouldn't expect to see Rainman pumping out more Plainview DX sculpts if that one got recast, for example.

Guys the original sculpt no longer exists. It was modified to create the regular hatted sculpt. There is no mold to make the casts and Denny would never sell a deformed recast

Back