[iminime] (The Cowboy), The Bounty Hunter & The Bandit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] The Bad & The Ugly - Completing 'The Cowboy'

Insane!!!
I stopped watching the auction after I got my trio order in. I can't believe the price that it's skyrocketed to. Congrats wake, pictures are definetly selling it.

I guess its market values? Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. Like all that so called fine art that sells for millions of £$£$.

I just think eBay reaches a customer base that this forum doesn't. Obviously there are rich people out there who would be buying Iminime figures but they don't even know about them. Right?

Congrats on the eBay bids so far but aren't you the least bit skeptical whether this is legit? Why such a massive leap in price from what someone would offer you on this site which has more of a collector base in "the know" as opposed to the eBay collector. It seems a little sketchy to me. :dunno I gotta admit, I don't believe it for one second, 60 bids and there still is an hour left :lol. The true characteristics of bidding, specifically that of a pool of people generally interested in somthing dictates that big money bidding wars only happen in the last few minutes of an auction. So either this is going to sell for 10 grand or I call bull****....:lol

Last edited:

Congrats on the eBay bids so far but aren't you the least bit skeptical whether this is legit? Why such a massive leap in price from what someone would offer you on this site which has more of a collector base in "the know" as opposed to the eBay collector. It seems a little sketchy to me. :dunno

Honestly no one even Wake himself expect such a huge leap. I sold mine for less than half of Wake's bid to a member here. But no regret since he's a collector and appreciate it more than I do.

I agree that the advantage of eBay about reaching wider buyer base. But most of the time they are more pricy there that I seldom buy from there.

Anyway, congrats Wake! This is a new record. Your photos do gain a lot of attention. I love them very much. :clap

[iminime] The Bad & The Ugly - Completing 'The Cowboy'

The bidding has been from different folks. Not sure that I understand the implication of it being bull****. What point would that serve anyone? Why would a bidder purposely overbid?

And to be honest I never offered it on the boards. Just eBay straight away

Honestly no one even Wake himself expect such a huge leap. I sold mine for less than half of Wake's bid to a member here. But no regret since he's a collector and appreciate it more than I do.

I agree that the advantage of eBay about reaching wider buyer base. But most of the time they are more pricy there that I seldom buy from there.

Anyway, congrats Wake! This is a new record. Your photos do gain a lot of attention. I love them very much. :clap

Yea, that's true but the wider customer base wouldn't normally associate these figures with selling at prices upwards of 3k. People that know this are people in "the know" who would logically sidestep an auction and offer directly. Now I don't assume that Wake hasn't gotten a side offer, but this is eBay and I know the eBay culture very well because I dealt in quickstrike/limited edition sneakers for years. If somthing were selling or bid action was this HOT as dictated by Wakes auction, well there would be a rush of people testing the market with their DX's, even if their intentions weren't 100% to sell.

Either way goodluck Wake and please get a receipt of sale! Share it with us so that it can go in the books "Officially"

Last edited:
[iminime] The Bad & The Ugly - Completing 'The Cowboy'

I just google searched some of the bidders and came across some interesting info. Seems at least two bidders are Japanese brokers that act as intermediaries for non-English speaking customers who would rather purchase through the brokers Japanese language portal.

From what Denny has told me. Japanese customers are iminimes number 1 client base. More so than ssf.

Having said that the current leader is NOT one of those brokers.

I just google searched some of the bidders and came across some interesting info. Seems at least two bidders are Japanese brokers that act as intermediaries for non-English speaking customers who would rather purchase through the brokers Japanese language portal.

From what Denny has told me. Japanese customers are iminimes number 1 client base. More so than ssf.

Having said that the current leader is NOT one of those brokers.

This is very interesting! ... Honestly that was an amazing listing! ... However i for one cannot dream of shelling 3k on a single figure, i can, but i will have to probably cough up a divorce! ...
But you are right, these are collectors who are big time business men who have neither the time nor patience to go through forums, launches, listings etc. these must be art collectors and in a larger scheme of things this 3k must be as expensive as buying a custom sculpt is for some of us.
All said and done, this is great omar

Way to start a christmas i say! Santa is very happy!

Cheers!
AJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Doesn't seem like there will be much activity here at the close.

This is appreciating faster than Willie Wonka!

There's a part of me that thinks, "wow, that's a lot of money," but then the other part of me says, "if I sold it for that much, the odds are that I'd have to pay that much to get the figure back, as well, which means this is my only chance to own the figure." So, basically, nope. This thing will be buried with my sorry hide someday.:lecture :lol

Back