[iminime] 1/6 Custom Suit 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axecutioner18

Super Freak
Reaction score

SUIT - 01
Produced by Denny Kim
Tailored by Kim Se A

Suit 01 - $180 + Shipping
Includes: Jacket, Trousers, Tie, Shirt & Socks
NOTE: Sculpt and Shoes and Body are NOT INCLUDED
ORDER HERE: https://iminime.net/shop/step1.php?number=48

48097_496473190417313_1852715846_n.jpg

480725_496473213750644_2001151606_n.jpg

483505_496473240417308_201914494_n.jpg

487440_496473257083973_525011706_n.jpg

578065_496473277083971_958286219_n.jpg

558051_496473293750636_9564143_n.jpg

29018_496473310417301_1376188044_n.jpg

575493_496473167083982_209774434_n.jpg

601359_496473207083978_1486246643_n.jpg

Last edited:
looks okay, still has a bit of a boxy look iminime hasnt been able to shake quite yet. Its getting there, but Im hoping for significant improvments in Batemans outfit..

Yeah, i agree with chillipep. Them valentino suit need to be crispier. Something bout the tailoring just aint right. Like the top half of the suit is a tad too long compared to the lower bottom half, i think.

looks okay, still has a bit of a boxy look iminime hasnt been able to shake quite yet. Its getting there, but Im hoping for significant improvments in Batemans outfit..

:lecture I agree with this 100%. The suit should be cut a bit tighter to the body, but with an 80's siloutte. Special attention needs to be paid to the lapels which for the Valentino is a peak lapel (the pics above are a notch lapel). Also the suit was double breasted, and there is too much break on the pant (too baggy)

It seems to me, when making 1/6 suits, they use the same template. That won't work for Bateman.

Based on the thread description looks like Iminime is just using the Bateman headsculpt as a stand-in for the sale of this basic suit.

Last edited:
Axe, I know these shoes aren't part of the suit release, but every time I see them I cringe. Any chance Denny will consider doing smaller shoes for future figures?

Axe, I know these shoes aren't part of the suit release, but every time I see them I cringe. Any chance Denny will consider doing smaller shoes for future figures?
He did use smaller shoes on the Matrix release If I remember correctly, those humongous shoes were an issue with The Demon. I dont know how many figures after that had those Pixie shoes... and he doesnt really make these dress shoes. These are sourced in bulk. If he made them it would be made of resin, like he made in the Ripley figure...

The Seven guys had them, and the Demon, and the Lethal Weapon guys also seem to have them (one being a completely new style apparently). Was hard to tell with Lector. I think it's fine to buy the shoes elsewhere, but surely there are lots of smaller options. The Neo had shoes custom made by another custom artist, correct?

Not bad. The material seems a bit thick which is adding to the bulkiness. Also I'd prefer a darker gray, dark blue or black.

The Seven guys had them, and the Demon, and the Lethal Weapon guys also seem to have them (one being a completely new style apparently). Was hard to tell with Lector. I think it's fine to buy the shoes elsewhere, but surely there are lots of smaller options. The Neo had shoes custom made by another custom artist, correct?
Yup Neo was done by SMcG Customs, as will the Blondie be done by them..

Gordon had the super humongous shoes too. :wave

yea axe im not questioning this suit in regards to accuracy to American Psycho obviously, but I think a lot of their tailoring tendencies and to be changed a great deal in order to not get this boxy uncrisp look. hey, its still better than 75 percent of the suits out there, but they can do better

They have done better as well,

But they've also done worse. Rhas' suit was actually really good, but Smiths was truly awful, it might be the only thing I've seen come from iminime that I'd deem awful most are superb and excellent.

There was no way at all to get smiths suit looking good, which was really disappointing because its the only one of its kind.

They should try and refine this suit a little before the final comes out.

Smiths was truly awful, it might be the only thing I've seen come from iminime that I'd deem awful most are superb and excellent.

There was no way at all to get smiths suit looking good, which was really disappointing because its the only one of its kind.

The problem was that they couldn't find a thinner fabric that was the right color (I challenge you, Kato!). I'm not about to stand Smith next to my Don, but his suit doesn't really bother me overall (of course I'm biased).

Yeah I think the thickness was the problem you could be right, it is what caused the boxy and poofy look of it, to compensate they should have tailored the sleeves and legs tighter.

I'm happy to have Smith, I was highly disappointed with it though, but iminime knocked my socks off with Tony and Especially Alfred though, their two follow up releases.

I have to say that I'm happy with both Ra's and Smith's suit. I feel that Ra's suit is very fitted and Smith is very close to the same. It looks like they are getting further away from those templates with this suit. It looks like an attempt to do the more baggier legged look like Kato's Wayne suit.

I guess I'm missing who this suit is supposed to be for. Someone PM me if it can't be said here

Yup Neo was done by SMcG Customs, as will the Blondie be done by them..

Now THAT is good news!

Yes, MarfMaster is correct.

At that time, we checked all the market in Korea, and all shops say that the greenish fabric is not normally made(People don't wear that colored suit in Korea)
As you know, we use the same fabric that is used for real people's suit(imported fabric = higher price)
the one we used for smith is not possible to make it thin.
I know if we don't make the inside liner of jacket, it can be thinner and more natural, but we think the quality should be done both outside and the inside.

Our skill is not top for outfit yet, but suit that we recenlty made(Suit-01) is nealy closed to top.
The photo isn't good enough(Didn't pullout the shirt from the hands etc on)
it has no photoshop edit, I just pulled out from Camera.
the tie will be modified and IMO, this is better than Demon suit.
it's a bit upgraded.

Please also note, if we use fabric which is not used for real suit(people), it can be much thinner, but it can be disheveled easily.

we will be presenting few more suit in near future too.
and this is not for Wallstreet Killer

Thanks!

Denny

Back