I'm taking the plunge!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan_R

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've always loved Star Wars, but was never a serious collector, just little things here and there. But I can't resist these 12" figs, they're exceptional. So I decided that I need buy some. I won ROTJ Luke along with Darth Maul on ebay yesterday. I'm also going to get one of the upcoming OT Obi-Wan figs. But I'm not sure where to go from there. What are considered the best of the bunch thus far? The Qui-Gon fig looks cool, but I'm not sure. I can't afford all of them so I need to pick and choose.

Recommendations?

To be honest just go with what you like. Everyone seem to have a different opinion on which ones are the best. I think Maul, Bib, young Obi and Jabba (If you have the cash) are the best so far. Other than the Celebration Luke it seems like Han is the least liked but I think its ok so who knows.

I've always loved Star Wars, but was never a serious collector, just little things here and there. But I can't resist these 12" figs, they're exceptional. So I decided that I need buy some. I won ROTJ Luke along with Darth Maul on ebay yesterday. I'm also going to get one of the upcoming OT Obi-Wan figs. But I'm not sure where to go from there. What are considered the best of the bunch thus far? The Qui-Gon fig looks cool, but I'm not sure. I can't afford all of them so I need to pick and choose.

Recommendations?

You are in so much trouble now mister. Welcome to the world of Sideshow!

I've seen Jabba on sale at multiple on-line stores so it's a good time to snag him--the problem is that Jabba is nothing without the throne... and that's where things can get a little pricey.

Just get your favorite characters. But if it doesn't matter, then I recommend the two you've got coming plus RotS Obi-Wan. Old "Ben" Kenobi is definitely in the running for best of them all.

Just get your favorite characters. But if it doesn't matter, then I recommend the two you've got coming plus RotS Obi-Wan. Old "Ben" Kenobi is definitely in the running for best of them all.

Speaking of old Obi Wan, when is he supposed to hit stores? How can we find actual release dates of sideshow figs?

Recommendations?

seriously, if you aren't already a collector, don't start. i really wish i had never bought that hasbro darth maul 3 inch figure back in may of 1999, which started years of over-spending and over-collecting. nine years and probably 20 thousand of dollars later, i really wish i had put that money in a mutual fund or IRA instead.

seriously, if you aren't already a collector, don't start. i really wish i had never bought that hasbro darth maul 3 inch figure back in may of 1999, which started years of over-spending and over-collecting. nine years and probably 20 thousand of dollars later, i really wish i had put that money in a mutual fund or IRA instead.

Well, I'm already a toy collector, just not a Star Wars collector. I mostly collect stuff from horror movies and the Rocky films. I also collect Star Trek ships, not figures. I used to collect Transformers and Marvel toys, but I am now in the process of selling them off on ebay and am making good money too.

So, I'm not going to "get into" collecting star wars, I'm not enough of a fan. But I do love the look of these figs and figured I'd get just the characters I truly love. Unfortunatley, none of those really exist right now so I'm just getting ones I think are cool.

God help you. Personally I think Dave should use the same warning over the SW forums thats over the sandbox. 'Beware, there be monsters here'.
"You will never encounter a more wretched hive of anger and bickering. You must be cautious."

Well, I'm already a toy collector, just not a Star Wars collector. I mostly collect stuff from horror movies and the Rocky films. I also collect Star Trek ships, not figures. I used to collect Transformers and Marvel toys, but I am now in the process of selling them off on ebay and am making good money too.

So, I'm not going to "get into" collecting star wars, I'm not enough of a fan. But I do love the look of these figs and figured I'd get just the characters I truly love. Unfortunatley, none of those really exist right now so I'm just getting ones I think are cool.

ok, carry on then.:rotfl

DSC00349.jpg

Yeah they I kind of do exist

Well it's begun. Luke and Darth Maul just arrived on my door step. The packaging alone is amazing. Anyway, I'm going to pick up young Obi-Wan this week and preorder old Obi-Wan as well. At that point, I don't think there are any other characters I need, although Qui-Gon is pretty cool.

Well it's begun. Luke and Darth Maul just arrived on my door step. The packaging alone is amazing. Anyway, I'm going to pick up young Obi-Wan this week and preorder old Obi-Wan as well. At that point, I don't think there are any other characters I need, although Qui-Gon is pretty cool.

Nice......

You gotta get you some Mace Windu.......

gdpit_com_5610561_20.gif

DSC00327.jpg

OK, so he is not dead on Samuel Jackson, but his head is of proper proportion and soft-goods fit exceptionally well.

As has already been said everyones different, I myself pick up whatever I fancy

be it

Sideshow,Medicom,Hasbro, etc

Some intermix 1:6, busts, maquttes, 24 inch some just stick to a specific set eg

1:6 Sideshow Starwars (Theres quite a few)

I just go for 1:6 scale as a rule and anything that takes my fancy (looking out for a Last Stand APU and Sentinel which I saw someone had in their collection via these forums)

All depends on the indivdual and their tastes and how deep their pockets are

What I would suggest is think about where and how your gonna wanna display them

I doubt Id be carrying on if they had to be all in their boxes cause I didnt have the room

That said,

thats just me I like to see them everytime I come in the office but everyones different

Kit Fisto is my favorite. And I think he's pretty cheap right now too.

I like that figure a lot. I'd consider picking him up if I knew anything about the character. The one thing I truly hated about the prequel trilogy is that the other jedi's had no real roles. I would have liked to have gotten to know them a little bit.

Back