IM Prototype: Sooooooo....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did this get paid for and is the buyer a happy camper?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160140892053&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

I don't see any feedback either way.
:confused:

I read that the buyer claimed someone bid the price up to 18,000 grand and the buyer didn't want to pay that much and so on and supposedly the buyer complained to ebay and that is the rumor as to why sideshow's ebay name was suspended temporarily. Don't know if its true or not, can anyone elaborate?

I read that the buyer claimed someone bid the price up to 18,000 grand and the buyer didn't want to pay that much and so on and supposedly the buyer complained to ebay and that is the rumor as to why sideshow's ebay name was suspended temporarily. Don't know if its true or not, can anyone elaborate?

Pretty weak argument for that buyer, though. Because the winner put in his bid AFTER the zero bidder supposedly put in his/her "shill bid".

Zero "shill" bidder was Aug 2, 14:42-14:44 PST.
Winner put in his bid of $17,000 afterward at Aug 2, 15:56 PST

Then the eventual winner still didn't was overbid, so put in another bid at almost 15:57 of $18,100.

I don't see how it could have been shill bidding. The winner went in knowing what the score was. He wasn't raised, he/she raised themself.

Having said that, the winner, spartan entertainment still hasn't been kicked off ebay, so maybe he/she is paying or whatever. :confused:

Last edited:
Pretty weak argument for that buyer, though. Because the winner put in his bid AFTER the zero bidder supposedly put in his/her "shill bid".

Zero "shill" bidder was Aug 2, 14:42-14:44 PST.
Winner put in his bid of $17,000 afterward at Aug 2, 15:56 PST

Then the eventual winner still didn't was overbid, so put in another bid at almost 15:57 of $18,100.

I don't see how it could have been shill bidding. The winner went in knowing what the score was. He wasn't raised, he/she raised themself.

Having said that, the winner, spartan entertainment still hasn't been kicked off ebay, so maybe he/she is paying or whatever. :confused:

We'll I also read that because the winner complained about shill bidding that he/she only has to pay $10,000 (because other bids were not counted because of this "shill bidding"). Once again, this part is also a rumor.

We'll I also read that because the winner complained about shill bidding that he/she only has to pay $10,000 (because other bids were not counted because of this "shill bidding"). Once again, this part is also a rumor.

Wow, if that is true it would be quite a bargain. :lol

I blame Sideshow for not disqualifying his bids. A new member with a 300 reference in his name has crap bidder written all over it.

Either way it is ashame. This was for a good kause and some moron had to ruine it. Damn! There I go using K's again.

Don't know if you saw this, but this was posted at StatueForum, good news!

redspider said:
yes he is my friend his name is ANDREW SPARTAN from spartan entertainment he just did pay for it last week he will be fly out soon to pick it up in person from SS and to see stan lee and to meet robert downey jr i will post up the picture once this happens !!

Don't know if you saw this, but this was posted at StatueForum, good news!

Woah, thats pretty cool. I wonder if the winner was going to meet RDJ and SL all along or if something else caused this to happen. Either way thats awesome.

damn, if they packaged the prototype with a meeting with stan lee and rdjr., they would have fetched way more than $18,000.

The one thing I loved about the Proto other than the light up was that the Forearms were finally correct....

The one thing I loved about the Proto other than the light up was that the Forearms were finally correct....

:rock :clap

...ANDREW SPARTAN from spartan entertainment he just did pay for it last week...

Hmmmm, I wonder if there was some kind of inside dealing going on. After all, Kieth from "Spartan" Industries is affiliated with Sideshow. :wacky

Last edited:
Well, well, well. The story is now changing. Posted at Statue Forum:

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to inform everyone that SIDESHOW awarded me the Iron Man Comiquette - Prototype With Lights - UNIQUE .

I am very thankful to SIDESHOW for giving me the "Ebay 2nd Chance Offer" because the 2 highest bidders did not fulfill their transactions, allowing me the opportunity to own this great unique item!

I am posting this not to gloat but to inform everyone of what happened to my recent "serious concern post regarding the Unique Iron man Comiquette".

Again, Thank you to Sideshow & to all the members of this post who gave their comments and suggestions regarding the said subject matter.

Sincerely,

ROMS

He gave this link:

IM 2nd chance offer

I was looking at the guys home set up and it at least it looks like it is going to a good home . .
cheerleader.gif

Back