I'm Going to Egypt, and so is Indy... need photo suggestions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaphorge

Archbishop of Bologna!!!
Reaction score
In a couple of weeks my girlfriends and I will be taking a trip to Egypt.

I plan on taking my 1:6 Sideshow Indy with me to snap a few photos in his, erm, "natural environment", so I was hoping you guys could offer some suggestions as to what you'd like to see Indy doing.

Here's my agenda:
Day 1 Cairo Arrival
Arrive at Cairo airport and meet with your transferman for assistance through customs and baggage claim. Transfer to your hotel. Stay overnight in Cairo.

Day 2 Full Day Pyramids Tour
Today you will set out on a full day tour of the pyramids. Visit the vast Necropolis of Saqqara, including tombs from all periods of Egyptian history. The highlight of the tour is undoubtedly the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, the first stone structure to appear in the world. In the afternoon, we continue with our visit to the three Pyramids, Valley Temple and Sphinx of Giza, the world’s oldest tourist attractions. At the end of the day you will be returned to your hotel. Stay overnight in Cairo.

Day 3 Cairo - Luxor (flight)
Today you will be transferred to Cairo airport for your 1 hour flight to Luxor. Arrive in Luxor and transfer to your Nile cruiser where you will embark before lunch. Enjoy an afternoon free at your own leisure. Stay overnight on board in Luxor.

All meals are included while on board cruiser.

Day 4 Luxor
Free time in morning. In the afternoon we visit the Luxor Temple built by Amenophis III and the Karnak Temple. Stay overnight in Luxor.

Day 5 Luxor - Esna - Edfu
Today we cross to the West Bank and visit the Necroplis of Thebes, Valley of the Kings, the temple of Queen Hatshepust and the Colossi of Memnon. Sail to Esna and cross the lock. Continue to Edfu and stay overnight.

Day 6 Edfu - Kom Ombo - Aswan
Visit the Temple of Horus in Edfu, the most completely preserved temple in all of Egypt. Sail to Kom Ombo and visit the temple there shared by two Gods, Sobek and Haroeris. Sail to Aswan and stay overnight.

Day 7 Aswan - Cairo (flight)
Disembark after breakfast. End your Nile cruise adventure with the highlights of Aswan. Visit the High Dam, an outstanding architectual achievement of the 20th Century and the temple of Philae. Explore Elephantine island by felucca (sailing boat) and behold the Agha Khan Mausoleum. Transfer to the airport for your flight to Cairo. Transfer to your hotel and stay overnight.

Day 8 Departure
After breakfast you will be transferred by private air conditioned vehicle to the airport and be assisted through airport formalitied for your international departure flight. The end of the services.
In any case, I'm really excited, and I hope to share some of the excitement with my fellow Freaks!

Edit: As I feared, I didn't get to do too much shooting with Indy at the sites (there were too many people around to be able to do serious shooting, it is unreal how crowded the parts of Egypt close to the Nile are on a constant basis), but I did get a few shot at the Great Pyramid:

As I feared, I didn't get to do too much shooting with Indy at the sites (there were too many people around to be able to do serious shooting, it is unreal how crowded the parts of Egypt close to the Nile are on a constant basis), but I did get a few shot at the Great Pyramid:

I also added these to the initial post, and I'll be putting up a gallery of the many photos I made on the trip in the Art section soon. If you can afford to go, do, Egypt is as amazing as you would think it is....

Last edited:
If you can do it, you should get a shot of Indy cracking the whip like when the Cairo chase starts and firing his gun like at the Cairo swordsman with a fitting backdrop.

WOW! I'm so jealous, Fox. I'm sure Indy will look great everywhere! :whip

Shame your not stoping by Petra in Jordan, as my friends did before they got to Egypt
IMG_4293.jpg

Last edited:
You're going to love your Egypt-trip, buddy! My girlfriend and me just went on a ery similar one last September. That Edfu temple will blow your mind, very cool! :cool:

Metaphorge! - This sounds like one of the coolest trips ever! I would love to go on your trip with you. How did you book this? Is this a one package deal? Did you plan each day yourself?

Also, If you dont mind me asking.... ballpark price?$?$?$?

OK...so...you are going to EGYPT....with two women....to see all that...and you are taking...A TOY!?!?! MAN! Feast your eyes bro! Just live it! I will be more interested in seeing your pyramid pics and pics of the temples and art....than INDY in those environments! Although, it might be funny to see...Indy in extreme forground and THE GREAT PYRAMID looming behind him...if you get there...I'll take the Step if you don't...

Man! I am so jealous! Just enjoy your self! HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE! And get me a nice cheap vendor 1/6 scale sarcophagus that I can put a Mummy in! LOL! Or a cool little Pharoah figure! LOL!
Jus kiddin'

HAVE FUN MAN! I envy you so much! Photo story upon homecoming! FULL details! Leave nothing out! Have a safe trip too! No worries! Come back safely!

Wow, I am so jealous! If you can, while you're in Cairo you should squeeze in a visit to the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities. There's some amazing stuff, in there, I've always wanted to go. Including the beautiful statue of Anubis found in Tutankhamen's tomb. Speaking of Tutankhamen, I'm not sure how well his tomb has aired out over the years. I wouldn't go in there without a mask. Dangerous spores in there, they might not let tourists in.

Gosh, I've wanted to see Egypt since I was a little girl. Anubis is my favorite deity. Remember, if someone asks where you're from, be on the safe side and always say Canada!

Two. To quote one of them when explaining to a coworker, "It's a San Francisco thing."

The trip is actually a family vacation with Sierra's family.

So your Poly? neet. So rare to meet others who live that lifestyle in the part of the country wher I'm at. Ahh the south...

Anywho, depending on your skill with photoshop, you can potentialy create some pretty good images just py taking pics without indy in them.
One that might be neet to take, however, if you can get the shot set up right might be one of indy from the waist up, being held by someone else ( keep their hand and indy's lower torso out of the shot) and makie it look like indy is in the scene wherever you're at by keeping him close to the camera. This could work in aCairo marketplace, or at many sites. Another idea might be to have him sitting with his knees pulled up to his chest, on the edge of one of the tops of the pyramids or zyggorats, looking out at a sunrise, or sunset, or simply staring into the distance.

Man, what a great sounding trip... Egypt is top of my list of places to see before I croak. Very jealous.

I did a very similar trip this past summer. You are going to see things that will simply blow your mind. Don't worry too much about your Indy, just take in the sites!

The Pyramids, Nile cruise, the Valley of the Kings, the Colossi, and Karnak were particular favorites. Shame you are not going to Abu Simbel. They have the largest statues in all of Egypt there.

Enjoy!

As I feared, I didn't get to do too much shooting with Indy at the sites (there were too many people around to be able to do serious shooting, it is unreal how crowded the parts of Egypt close to the Nile are on a constant basis), but I did get a few shot at the Great Pyramid:

I also added these to the initial post, and I'll be putting up a gallery of the many photos I made on the trip in the Art section soon. If you can afford to go, do, Egypt is as amazing as you would think it is....

Back