I'm experiencing an AoU Hot Toys overdose. Anyone else feel this way today?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sneaker companies don't need to make 7 zillion different styles of sneakers. Whilst they looked nice most of them are actually very similar and even from a developmental point, pointless. If you take the genuinely different ones away there's like 4? High tops, low tops, pumps and boots? Stop being exploited people. :lecture

Just having fun don't take this seriously sith! :lol :duff:
good point buddy but actually sneaker companies do make loads of similar but different like different coloured converse etc.

I love the armours but at this point in time I own none. I have the 43 on order and owned the original 3 back in the day.
Hot toys are simply taking the opportunity to make shed loads of cash easily. I just think it's a shame that it feels that way.
If iron man 3 had several armours featured for a decent of time like im2 had I might feel a bit differently but I went thru all the armours on the net with my young son ( don't ask) and was so dismayed that most of them were just the same one with a different colour.
Shoddy.

good point buddy but actually sneaker companies do make loads of similar but different like different coloured converse etc.

I love the armours but at this point in time I own none. I have the 43 on order and owned the original 3 back in the day.
Hot toys are simply taking the opportunity to make shed loads of cash easily. I just think it's a shame that it feels that way.
If iron man 3 had several armours featured for a decent of time like im2 had I might feel a bit differently but I went thru all the armours on the net with my young son ( don't ask) and was so dismayed that most of them were just the same one with a different colour.
Shoddy.

Why is it a shame that a company that makes the best product in it's market sees fit to continue to make said products and reap said profits?

It bears repeating that Hot Toys are making the figures Marvel designs.. so the hating on HT is illogical.. as is the proposal that a manufacturer should ignore their best selling line, in favour of lines that sell fewer units.. just so that some collectors can buy those figures at a discount, a year after release, during Spooktacular.. so lets inject some cold hard economic pragmatism into the debate.. otherwise I want my 1/1 Paul figure, and I want it yesterday.

With the arguments of of hot toys milking a franchise and those who are "exhausted" by it. Why is it a bad thing? Other then you having feeling of exhaustion at say the iron man armors or something what is actually negative? For those that can't afford figures all at once. Trust me I know that feeling but flex paying really does take that away and leave you with 0 excuses. The more hot toys sells (yes they make more profit) but the more they have room to do more characters who are more niche. The more fans and collectors they have the more they will produce because the more demand goes up which in turn will make faster production runs (meaning they will go right to production vs waiting a much linger time) etc. These are all positives. The fact anyone could be exhausted with options from a collectables company is mind boggling to me. If AOU is taking the spotlight off other licenses I can understand that being the issue someone takes because the character from series X didn't get made but that doesn't seem t be the case because HT is still pushing out other figs and as Motuxmen has stated every one has diff characters that are their fav so this is someone else's favorite character.

Shoddy.

It's a guy in a metal suit. The same character. Of course they are all going to be similar overall. The movie you brought up, im2, has two armors that are a lot more a like then most the armors for im3. And you think Igor and mk42 look alike? Or starboost and snapper?

You also seem to indicate it's hot toys fault for all the armors, but hot toys didn't make the movie or design the armor or paint schemes. They make what's in the movie. And as much as everyone is complaining about there being to much from IM3 (and AOU) if hot toys just did one or two from each people would be even more upset.

I don't get complaining becuase there is to much choice. This isn't like some lines (motuc) where you buy all or nothing. Nothing is forcing anyone to buy everything, or anything. But not everyone has the same tastes. I don't see choice as a reason to get on hot toys.

It's a guy in a metal suit. The same character. Of course they are all going to be similar overall. The movie you brought up, im2, has two armors that are a lot more a like then most the armors for im3. And you think Igor and mk42 look alike? Or starboost and snapper?

You also seem to indicate it's hot toys fault for all the armors, but hot toys didn't make the movie or design the armor or paint schemes. They make what's in the movie. And as much as everyone is complaining about there being to much from IM3 (and AOU) if hot toys just did one or two from each people would be even more upset.

I don't get complaining becuase there is to much choice. This isn't like some lines (motuc) where you buy all or nothing. Nothing is forcing anyone to buy everything, or anything. But not everyone has the same tastes. I don't see choice as a reason to get on hot toys.

No you don't get what I mean. As pointed out above marvel designed it and again I agree hot toys are providing a product that people want. That's not an issue, as you say don't buy what you don't want. The armours in im2 I liked were the mark v mark vi and war machine.
There's lots of cool armours in in3 but they weren't used properly And felt like it was just an excuse to push toys. ( not to mention that I really don't like the film) - really poor imo
Would I like hot toys to make some more random characters? Of course. I love hot toys quality. I'm waiting for my Marty and deloran as well as Chewie. Oh and cap and mark 43.
I would love them to make Connor from highlander and t1 reese.
How about a classic red and gold iron man etc

So if I wasn't clear enough apologises

otherwise I want my 1/1 Paul figure, and I want it yesterday.

paul-cp.jpg

Iron Man Mark 3 die-cast is available for pre-order and we still miss all those unseen suits like the Mark 8.

I bet that the Hot Toys lineup could consist of 60% Iron Man figs and they would still make the same amount of money or more even.

Back