I'm bragging and I ought to be ashamed.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetanut

Super Freak
Reaction score
....but I'm not. After a year of delays, the LOTR Backgammon set from Noble has finally arrived. Ordered this thing in mid-Dec 05 and I was really concerned it was never going to happen. Nice Xmas present for me!!

I play backgammon, but I didn't get this baby to play with. It has 8 environments forming the base of the playing board: Orthanc, Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, Mount Doom, Edoras, Rivendell, Bag End, and Fangorn Forest. Only thing missing is Lothlorien. Absolutely gorgeous and HUGE and HEAVY!!!

I was so impressed with this that I've finally broken down and grabbed a digicam and am learning to upload and post to forums. Here they be -- sorry for the sheer number of the pics that will follow as well as the crappy quality (this truly is my first attempt at pics) :(

dang!!! if that is a game set, that is the best, most detailed, damn game set I have ever seen!!! Congrats!!!

that is a mighty impressive collectible! thanks for the pics. i'm considering getting one. not bad for $495.

Even since I saw this in the Noble catalog I have wanted it. Thanks for posting the pics.

That's awesome. I wish the chess set was as nice. Don't get me wrong, it's great but that backgammon set looks like it's on another level. :cool:

Count me as another who's lusted after this since first seeing it in the Noble catalogue. The price tag prohibits purchase, at least for now. Maybe next year (assmuming they're still available) I'll be able to swing it.

Very jealous - it looks stunning.

WetaNut what's the dimension and the weight of this? I wanted to make sure I have enough space to put it before purchasing....

thanks for the pix.

It's a HUGE sucker. Actual dimensions of the piece is: 25" w x 19-1/2" d x 9" h. More than the size, the weight is a big factor in display options. I paid for 31 lbs of shipping weight but feels more like "only" 20 lbs, if that much. Best way to display this would be about chest to eye-leve high on a free-standing SOLID wood stand that gives one the opportunity to look at it from all sides without having to move it around. I've special-ordered an acrylic display case for it and I asked for 30" w x 24" d x 18" h.

I already have the pewter sculpt of the Fellowship walking in line (also from Noble), so I plan to place that on the playing surface of this -- surrounded by the Middle-Earth environments that played a part in their journey from Rivendell on -- then encase it all. Will take pic of it when I pull all the elements together.

This piece IS still available for ordering from the Noble Collection: https://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=NN2031&catid=17

Fritz -- agree that the chess set is beautiful, and I was going to get it myself, but once I saw this piece, there was no contest.

Josh -- you will get to see this baby in person in a week or so :D

Back