I'm A Sideshow Junky

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sky_Rider

Freakzoid
Reaction score
There, I said it, I feel so much better now. I'm a little embarrassed that as long as I've been collecting, it took at friend a Sideshow to point y'all out.

The Balrog was my first purchase and I was so blown away by the quality that I was hooked. Star Wars, Marvel (Hellboy, Iron Man, X-Men mostly) and LOTR are my primary areas of interest. I am one of the lucky few to have a few of their charity auction items, the AP Balrog being one of my prized possessions (yep, I've got two). It's a rare thing to fill a want and a need at the same time. Now while I am a junky, I do have standards. Not everything Sideshow has produced has met my standards and from what little I've seen so far, I'm not alone. But hey, nobody hits a home run every time.

I also collected (note past tense) Master Replicas Star Wars and Star Trek collectibles. Primarily the early stuff. IMO they went to hell when they started trying to duplicate Sideshow when they came out with the prequel collectibles and then the end was when they got bought by Corgi. That said, the TOS communicator is very cool and TOS phaser is just awesome! The quality, craftmanship and sound effects are second to none, they look and sound just like the series.

I also collect sculptures of birds of prey with Bald Eagles being the focus. My prize sculptures are my Ken Rowe bronzes. I went through a short knife phase where I picked up a couple of limited edition Gerbers. And I have a few rock hound friends who are slowly but surely drawing me into their realm. Seriously, search eBay and look at what's out there. Some of the stuff is absolutely stunning.

So, that's about it except to say that I know how that I've got some learning to do. I've been a regular on the eBay Bidding Board for seven years as well as some others. If you need some help, come on in, my eBay posting ID is $ky_$niper. So, I'll be lurking, figuring out your acronyms, lingo and personalities, but I'm not shy, if I have something to say, well... Besides, I've got to get 10 posts, at least that's what "Freaks" keeps telling me ;)

Cheers :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I only have a few select items displayed because a bunch of shelf space got taken up by my MR collection. I was was hard into them already when I got the SC bug. It's now a matter of getting with it and buying the shelves (I have the space). In the mean time, here are a few that are fav's in each genre.

First, my all time fave. You can see the Fellbeast/Morgul Lord over its shoulder as well as all that "wasted" shelf space ;):

Balrog.Closeup01a.JPG

Another LOTR oldie but goodie:

RingWraith.a.JPG

One of my prize SC charity wins... very cool, powerful sculpture:

Doom.Bottom.Plate.AP.a.JPG

Doom.Artists.Proof.a.JPG

Again, thanks for the warm welcome.

8.gif

From a fellow Daddy 'Rog, Fell Beast and RWoS owner! :rock

And Hey! In what contest did you win that AP Doom?! :horror

-samantha
5.gif

I won Doc in the charity auction before the last one for the Diane Kamahele Foundation. You can find the link to her foundation on SSC's home page and from there a link to the last auction. I'm pretty sure they'll have another charity auction sometime.

... and Malice and Badmoon, awwww guys, I'm touched
grin.gif

Back