IKEA LED dioder strips

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the colour changing strips, is it like a wheel that you can change the colours with or will it just be a red, blue, green, yellow etc. If you understand me

My thoughts were if it's a wheel, surely you could change the colour of the blue so it wasn't as blue and more like a cool white?

If not, does anyone know where i can get some cool white led strips like the ikea ones in the UK?

These weren't on a wheel they are on a mode. There are 14 modes and you click through the different colors and different types lighting that it has. Such as automatic rotating color from slow to fast in addition with the single solid colors. The Batman pic and Joker pic are the best that my phone could put up with the types of lighting but it is more of a cool white LED. I'll try and take better pics when I get home as my Toy Fair Batman and Legacy Power Morpher should be waiting on me when I get there!

With the colour changing strips, is it like a wheel that you can change the colours with or will it just be a red, blue, green, yellow etc. If you understand me

My thoughts were if it's a wheel, surely you could change the colour of the blue so it wasn't as blue and more like a cool white?

If not, does anyone know where i can get some cool white led strips like the ikea ones in the UK?

These aren't much better but I only have my phone to take pics

34144813-11BD-4428-BA4D-65A8D509C3A0-3578-000001041AA5194A_zpsbdd3babb.jpg

49296EBD-D143-4778-9F0C-17ACEFBF727C-3578-0000010414CCA357_zps611e167c.jpg

BBC5C6A1-99E4-4B2F-A845-A7E729E87DAF-3578-000001040F08D06C_zps02fa0511.jpg

I see a lot of Ikea fans here - I've just built up my new office and furnished it pretty much exclusively with Ikea stuff. Some left over and re-used, some bought used and some bought new. All of it hacked and modified, including for lighting.

I buy all my LEDs in ribbon format from Amazon or eBay, no more than $15 for just over 16 feet. You can cut to size anywhere in multiples of 3 LEDs. Quick connection to a transformer/wallwart at 12v with suitable current capacity and you're in business. You can use much thinner wire than is available with the pre-packaged Ikea strips if you're not going stringing many LEDs (based on current).

Available with 150 or 300 LEDs per 16 feet, white in at least threecolour temperatures and of course RGB LEDs as well, usually are available with a controller. A dimmable switch with an IR remote that can handle more than one strip will set you back another $15. Or just wire the transformer to a switch-controlled outlet.

Because the LEDs are on a flexible strip and you can cut them in groups of three LEDs you have many mounting possibilities, including making bulb-like or spot-light-like bundles, grids, etc. Small clusters of directional light provide for a very dramatic look.

To wire up a Detolf super clean, I don't run any wires up (or down). Instead you can attach wires to the nuts that hold the metal supports. One wire to the left support and one wire to the right. Now your frame is electrified. When you want to attach lights set them up where you want and run a single wire to the left frame and a single wire to the right. You'll have to file/sand away the powedercoat/paint at the points where you attach the wires. It's super easy to hide the wires this way.

Anyone has some old cold white IKEA dioders left for sale? Got me 2 new detolfs but also ended up getting those yellow tinted dioders...can't stand them. Thanks!

Back