If there's a House fire Do you grab you Toy collection or Photo's lol?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobros

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
This is a terrible one to think about because loosing both would be aweful. I would want to grab my Figures but my wife would definetly want the pics. LOL:blissy

I have this huge brown pop up thing that is meant for gardening , i use it for dirty laundry .

I would dump it out and unload my Detolfs in it fast

Neither... get out as quick as possible! The photos or collectibles won't mean a thing if you don't make it out.

There was a bush fire here about two years ago. Police came to the door and told us we had to evacuate. I put old photos in a suitcase, for some reason ended up putting clothes in another suitcase (in hindsight I don't know why I thought clothes were so important), and then in a box I put all the Hot Toys figures I had, just took them out of the detolf and laid them together in a box like that. I also took a few books and my computer. I have a lot more things but that's all I ended up really taking, not much. My thought was that I should take what I would end up trying to buy again if I lost it. The rest would be bad to lose but I wouldn't feel desperate to track it down.

The fire never touched the house, they stopped it on the other side of the street. After that it was a slight worry as to whether I'd needlessly broken things in my haste to take them. That's another concern you have to have. Luckily though nothing broke.

I've been through a few hurricanes lately and packing up my collection was a huge concern of mine the break ability of my collection makes me shudder in horror at the thought of quickly dumping it all in a box!

My collectibles are hardly the most expensive/valuable things in my house.

I'm grabbing my family and harddrives before heading out.
If given enough time before evacuation, I'll also get things out of the gunsafe instead of leaving it to chance.

There are certain threads I see on this site that make me stop and think .....yeah, I'm not like many of the people here

lulz

I've thought about this many times. I don't have to worry about getting family out of my place yet, and I don't really keep too many photos that aren't digital and the ones I do are wallet sized, my only real "prized possessions" are my collectibles, art and my firearms. Needless to say theres a contingency plan in place for such an event. But I wouldn't risk it if I was in imminent danger.

Neither... get out as quick as possible! The photos or collectibles won't mean a thing if you don't make it out.

I'm a child of the early 80's. So obviously most of the pictures i have up to my twenty's are not digital.

Photos first. Collection, I can buy again in the future with money.

:exactly: It's the smoke not the fire that will get you 1st

I love my collection, I'm a born collector, I've put a lot into my personal collection, both in terms of time and money, but at the end of the day it's just stuff, and most of it can conceivably be replaced, given enough time and money. Not all, but most.

Family, pets, heirlooms, photos, things that have true sentimental value, those things can't be replaced, so they always take priority. Always.

Safety for anything with a pulse first, family/sentimental items second, 'stuff' very distant third.

Back