If Sideshow makes Ewoks, do you want synthetic fur?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you want a Sideshow Ewok to have synthetic fur?

• Yes

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • No, I want it sculpted

Votes: 9 18.0%

• Total voters
This is the reason why someone should want to be a toy designer. You actually get a chance to use your imagination to make something no one else has done.

Sculpted. These types of figures no matter WHO is making them tend to be hard to make look right.
I still remember the puffball Chewie 12" that Hasbro made. It was real fur, but it was terrible. Maybe there is a way to do it right, but Hasbro never figured it out. Granted, they had to find a way to do it for $20 retail. SSC can spend a little more on the materials, so maybe they can find something that will work. But I agree with previous posts. I want Chewie before I see an Ewok. Although an Endor diorama with a Scout Walker and dead ewoks would be cool...

I agree that Chewie is a more wanted character than an Ewok. But perhaps it would be best if Sideshow 'practiced' their fur making skill on an Ewok first. I think we all would like to see Chewie done right the first time.

I voted fur. I wouldn't mind sculpted fur on an Ewok, as I would be passing that figure regardless, but it would not need much articulation to begin with and it's considerably smaller. I have the old Hasbro one and it's fine for what it is.

As for Chewie, he must have the fur. I don't care how well you sculpt it, a non-furred Chewie will look odd with the articulation joints showing through.

I'd rather have limited articulation and faux-fur any day of the week.

IMO an Ewok definitely should have synthetic fur. If anyone can do it right it would be Sideshow.

I voted for real fur. But I don't need to get it from Sideshow. I will just kill my kids' Chinchillas and send them and the figure to one of the great customizers on the board and have them customize the fur.

:D

Fur never works for me although I've seen some really good ones (that guy on ebay who does Chewies). I'd prefer sculpted, but with better articulation. If they could get Gentle Giant quality sculpts with improved articulation (anything must be better than Hasbro's) I'd be a happy man.

If hair gel doesn't damage the fur, I would just put some on and then comb it through after it dries. You can just wash it out if you put too much. Anyone who owns a furry Hasbro Chewie want to try?

I haven't been too impressed with the sculpted Chewbacca figures with regards to articulation. There's been a few customs using real fur that looked fantastic, but I'm not sure how feasible it is on a commercial scale.

Back