If No Sideshow Barad-Dur - Speculation on Danbury Mint?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Barad-Dur vs. Orthanc

Hey Killer,
Once again, it's the flash bringing out too much color. I gotta say that I think this thing looks just great in person. The details are wonderful, and the way they've painted the lava and it's reflections climbing up the walls are really, really good.
nod.gif

Thanks for the comparison picture. I'm actually surprised by how big Orthanc is. From all the complaints about it, I was expecting it to be about half that size. I have a Barad-dur, and I think the height is just fine. Kind of makes me want an Orthanc, I just have to hope DM produces it since there's no way I'm paying the going rate for it.

Seion

Having them side-by-side the quality of Polystone Orthanc looks much better than Danbury Barad-dur. I think Barad-dur has a little too much bright color and the cheese factor with the plaque. But it is all we can get, and I think it is OK, so I want it for my Environment collection.

Yeah, I cannot afford Orthanc either. This thing only cost about $90 and people are willing to pay up to $2000! That is looney IMHO.

DM Barad-Dur is 100 times better in person than in pictures....

I've also seen the DM Barad-Dur in person and am really pleased with it. I placed an order for it a few days ago. I was debating on if I wanted to pay $106 from DM or go ahead and pay $400 on ebay....decisions...decisons....:eek:

DM Barad-Dur is 100 times better in person than in pictures....

I took some more pictures with sunlight instead of flash:

In my opinion the sculpt and paintjob are equal to Sideshow Weta quality. If it would have been released by SSW, placed on a SSW base (without the "name plate"), I wonder if all of you who are complaining now would still say the same - or would you rave about another fine release?

I take it for what it is: the only available companion piece for my Orhtanc - and I admit: I paid $250 for mine on Ebay.

In my opinion the sculpt and paintjob are equal to Sideshow Weta quality. If it would have been released by SSW, placed on a SSW base (without the "name plate") , I wonder if all of you who are complaining now would still say the same - or would you rave about another fine release?

100% Agree.

I think it is excellent. Mine is not bright at all. The light colors are mutted. I have it displayed with Saur. helm.

k those of you who think it is ugly, just keep thinking that ok! No need to whine! :eye

I don't care for the name plate either but other than that I think it looks really nice from the photos.

Does anyone have a picture of the box?

Where is that pic and who was it again that dremelled that name plate off?

Jesse

"Does anyone have a picture of the box?"

The tower comes in a "standard" white foam box.. without picture.

Back