If Medicom made a SD VCD Darth Maul...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atreyu2112

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Would you buy one? I really want one! He would look PERFECT next to Vader. Sound off.

BTW, just picked up TC-14. Gotta love 3PO & TC - awesome pieces! And I am having a really hard time keeping my 3yo son away from them, lol. And that's both good (he's got great taste) and bad (they're $60 a pop).

Truely amazing to see that spark in his eyes for something Star Wars. He's into PIxar Cars, Toy Story, Hot Wheels, but these are the first Star Wars things that have really got him going. I've waited a long time for this!

while i do like these i think they are over priced............i mean is a $60 dog chew toy worth it?..........(true story.........my stormtrooper one took a dive to the floor & my blue heeler got a hold of it :banghead). i still miss that dog :monkey2........j/k. but i think a maul would be feasible.

Yes, I'd probably buy one. But I've often wondered whether Medicom has any plans go beyond armored characters and droids for the Star Wars VCD line. So far, we haven't seen anything else (I don't count Yoda as a VCD since it's obviously a completely different size and style).

I keep hoping and crossing fingers they'll do one of him. I like the VCD concept and have a few, and certainly I can't not have a Maul VCD :D

Yes, I'd probably buy one. But I've often wondered whether Medicom has any plans go beyond armored characters and droids for the Star Wars VCD line. So far, we haven't seen anything else (I don't count Yoda as a VCD since it's obviously a completely different size and style).

I keep hoping and crossing fingers they'll do one of him. I like the VCD concept and have a few, and certainly I can't not have a Maul VCD :D

Just to clear things up... Medicom's VCD line includes a lot of licenses and styles from Ryuk from Death Note to the Disney characters and almost everything in-between.

The "style" of the Star Wars VCD's have mostly been the "Super Deformed" style; Yoda was not done in this style, and doesn't fit in the line. He is more like the Ryuk figure; he won't work as a RAH, so they made him a VCD so that he could be made from vinyl and designed in the correct proportions, so just because he is called a "VCD" doesn't mean he was ever meant to go with the Super Deformed Star Wars line. Just my two and half cents... inflation!

Ya I don't consider Yoda or Wicket VCD; Wicket more so but even Yoda have an RAH, realistic interpretation feel, they're in correct proportions, I like the deformed VCDs like Boba and Vader more.

Just to clear things up... Medicom's VCD line includes a lot of licenses and styles from Ryuk from Death Note to the Disney characters and almost everything in-between.

The "style" of the Star Wars VCD's have mostly been the "Super Deformed" style; Yoda was not done in this style, and doesn't fit in the line. He is more like the Ryuk figure; he won't work as a RAH, so they made him a VCD so that he could be made from vinyl and designed in the correct proportions, so just because he is called a "VCD" doesn't mean he was ever meant to go with the Super Deformed Star Wars line. Just my two and half cents... inflation!

Yes, but you'll have to admit that when people say VCD they usually mean the super deformed type. For example, the original poster didn't explicitly say that he was asking about a super deformed Maul, but it's obvious that's what he meant, and not a realistic figure made of vinyl like Wicket or Yoda.

Yes, but you'll have to admit that when people say VCD they usually mean the super deformed type. For example, the original poster didn't explicitly say that he was asking about a super deformed Maul, but it's obvious that's what he meant, and not a realistic figure made of vinyl like Wicket or Yoda.

You are exactly right, I do mean the super deformed style. It's great to see other people are into this line.

See, I am getting burnt out on the traditional Star Wars merch, the figures & most of the statue type stuff simply because it mostly just a rehash of the old. Some times with imporvement, sometimes without. But I have SO much stuff already that it's hard to find something "new" that is unique and different with a fresh feel... enough to justify a purchase or to collect a new line all together.

This SD VCD line fits into that category - and what's even better is that my wife loves them, she thinks they're so "cute". This is a MAJOR bonus as I don't really get that evil eye when I walk in with a new one. I have all but the Clone Troopers (standard & 501st), oh yeah, and the BHS.

I would really love to see this line expanded in a BIG way, starting with Darth Maul (my favorite PT villian). There's a whole list of SW characters that would look absolutely killer in this format, even wierd picks like Ep1 Nute Gunray or dare I say Jar Jar! How cool would it be to get a Maul, Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan and have tham face off? Or a Lando to go with Vader & ESB Fett to make that classic Cloud City Han Solo Torture scene? A General Veers with a Snowtrooper & a AT-AT Driver? Speeder Bike Luke & Leia with a Biker Scout? Hey, even a Battle Droid would be a great choice, especially with the 3D movie coming. One mold... multiple paint variant possibilities.

These are all highly possible to make - especially after seeing the VCD Alien thats coming out soon.

I agree that the price point of $60 is a bit much, but if Medicom were to continue to put out the main Saga icons, it's a definite they would sell. They are WAY more durable than say a statue or maquette, so you don't have to freak if your little one grabs for it. They are somewhat collectible with a decent resale value (not like your old POTF2 half-moon Boba Fett), they're not too big, and everyone who sees them loves them and immediately goes to play with them (and I am talking the adults too).

Do you think Medicom is holding back due to licence issues or Lucasfilms putting the foot down (like they did with the Cartoon Network merch ala GG maquettes)? Or do you think the SD VCD fans will be in for a treat and actually get some of the above mentioned characters?

Dude, I think your prayers have been answered

20080621_a412268f49220874484dkCZKujY4VIcN.jpg

Bump.. no one cares about the VCD Maul on the right? That Grievous kubrick rocks too.

SD VCDs that I want to see,

Cmdr. Gree
Utapau Shadow Clonetrooper
Grievous
Blue Senate Guard
Chewbacca
Bossk
Snowtrooper
Biker Scout
Palpatine, ROTJ

Back