Idea for a HT base/dio need help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Hybrid

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Yeah i have an idea for a base for my HT alien and pred all it really is, is just rubble with skulls and maybe a few little thing's like jason's hockey mask and the like but i don't know how i would sculpt most of it and what stuff i would need anyone care to help.

Few ways i can think up

Aluminium foil with sculpey over the top

Paper mache with spackle over the top for texture

Styrofoam/ cardboard core with spackle / putty.

Try coming up with a design on paper and then work on it a step at a time.

hey man , so is the base the original hot toys stand? round or oval? 1st if you are going to want real rubble and skulls , or sculpted? if real then i would try ebay for 1/6 scale skulls ,( party favors) thats how i have seen them on the bay , as far as the rubble , i would use rocks ,wood trash etc , i would need more info on what you exacty want to give you a better idea of what u will need . if u sculpt it then i recomend Aves Apoxie Sculpt

https://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_t...&_nkw=apoxie+sculpt&_sacat=See-All-Categories

the stuff is amazing and it air hardens like plastic in about 3 hours

easy to paint and sculpt ( 2 part kneaded mix )
they have alotta different colors also

hope this helps a little

shoot me a PM is u have more questions:chew:chew:chew:chew

I got 2 bags of moss at Walmart for some bases I have done and I agree on eBay for the skulls. I also went to a pet store and bought fishtank accessories ( a rock and a tree stump). For a Jason mask maybe a piece of plastic from a figure package heated with a hair dryer or some boiling water and formed over a face and painted. Drywall mud is a dio makers friend lol.
IMG_0440.jpg

The base is just a wooden box from the dollar store.

Thanks for the tips it might be better and easyer to buy the skulls and stuff. But for the extras which would be jason's mask, dog soldier werewolf skull and jigsaw's pig mask (i kinda stole this idea from some avp comic where this predator has a collection of superhero skulls) anywho thanks for the help so far.

Back