Ichiro51's Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyhhh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

I started collecting a little over a year ago, when I fell in love with the premium formats. I started playing catch up with the PF's that were sold out, and could plainly see that this was an expensive hobby.

What I wasn't prepared for was the space issue. I initially thought I could get away with 2 Besta cabinets. Hah.

I'm now moved into my new home, and have 6 Bestas set up in my office. 2 of the Bestas are completely empty, but will be full by the end of next year, based on what's already been announced.

Better pics will come one day if I decide to invest in a real camera and lighting setup. But for now, this is what I have....

Besta #1 - Avengers

IMG_3444_zpsca8216fe.jpg

I got bitten by the Iron Man bug bad when the movies came out. I read the comics back in the 70's and 80s when he was fighting Sunfire and getting drunk, and then more recently with Civil War. He was never really likable in the comics to me, but Robert Downey Jr. did a great job with him.
The Scar-Jo Black Widow will go next to him

IMG_3439_zps89705e70.jpg

Not much to say about these two popular PF's that hasn't been said. Oh, how about this... I HATE her new costume and short hair.

IMG_3420_zps37f2d243.jpg

This is another PF that really has no flaws. I guess Spider-woman will go next to him.
Edit: this is my new one, old one is packed up

IMG_1013_zps1937e997.jpg

Last edited:
Besta #2 - The X-men

IMG_3550_zpsa675ac5f.jpg

Missed out on the Ex Colossus because I wasn't a huge fan of the character, but changed my mind when I saw the updated production pics. I don't miss not having the snarling Ex heads for Colossus, Wolvie or Cyke. Got pretty lucky with my Rogue portrait, just had to get a new jacket for her.

IMG_3503_zpsbda6a81b.jpg

I've owned the Wolverine PF for months, but haven't had a chance to look at him displayed until now... and I think he rocks! He really pops in the Besta, in his yellow spandex.
I had the paint cracking problem with my first Psylocke. Got one of the later replacement bodies, and so far no problems.

IMG_3436_zps1f72b30d.jpg

Oh Scott Summers... what are those crazy writers over at Marvel doing to you.... Oh well, you have a decent PF at least. Storm will go next to him.

IMG_3434_zps50c7a6ac.jpg

Besta #3 - Non comic book characters

IMG_3554_zpse3458795.jpg

I posted recently about the GG girls (and they are awesome). I never planned to collect non-superhero statues, but I really like these renditions of Lara and the Baroness, so I guess they are staying. Probably the first two statues to go if I ever decide to sell. The SS Baby Doll was supposed to go into one of these shelves. I may use small risers and force the GG girls into one shelf at some point, but I don't have to worry about that right now.

IMG_3454_zps8b585f0a.jpg

Besta #4 and #5 are empty. One of them will be the new Marvel offerings (the Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye). The other will be for DC (Batman, Poison Ivy, Superman, and Wonder Woman). Haven't decided about the Green Lantern yet.

IMG_3533_zps59cb57f6.jpg

Besta #6 "I am Iron Man!"

IMG_3460_zpscc5d8923.jpg

I think I've posted about these before... Easily my favorite pieces. The middle shelf is shorter to accommodate the upper and lower busts, but the Mark VI LSB should fit just fine. Then, when the Mk VII comes out, it will probably displace the battle damaged one.

IMG_3556_zpsdd1c6eef.jpg

IMG_3558_zpsc38d0ef0.jpg

Thanks for looking! Enjoy your statues!

WOW! Great Collection and Display, Some great Pieces and Congrats on completing the Sucker Punch Girls, Welcome to the Show; Ichiro

Lovely collection my friend, your story sounds very much similiar to mine as i too was a late comer, infact it'll be a year next month when i got my first piece :) and like me you are also a massive Iron Man fan! Look forward to more updates :clap

you have some impressive pieces man

Ty!

Great Pieces and Congrats on completing the Sucker Punch Girls, Welcome to the Show bro ;)

Really pleased with them... thank you for the welcome!

Lovely collection my friend, your story sounds very much similiar to mine as i too was a late comer, infact it'll be a year next month when i got my first piece :) and like me you are also a massive Iron Man fan! Look forward to more updates :clap

Thanks, I agree we have similar tastes. I'll be watching your collection grow with great interest!

Very nice collection and setup! :rock Love the Iron Man Bust totally. I love to get a clean one but I couldn't find one.

Black Widow - easily one of my favorite. Final piece really lives up to the promise of the preview pics.

IMG_0526_zpsf039b2fb.jpg

I think she looks surprisingly good next to Cap. Thought the movie maquettes were a better match for the her, but Cap's face is realistic enough where it doesn't look weird. Paid the price for this experiment, when Cap's shield arm fell off and chipped while I was moving him around.
IMG_0535_zpsd35ab0d0.jpg

Her final resting place
IMG_0541_zpsf876aa4e.jpg

Starting my Hall of Armor

My least favorite armor, but the production quality is so good, it kind of steals the show. Wish there was a way to display just the armor, and not the man beneath it. My wife's favorite of the 6. Weird.
IMG_0784_zps4469e492.jpg

The AE version of the Mk II feels really substantial compared to my Mk VI. Really like this armor and the figure is very nice.
IMG_0720_zps33f69bd4.jpg

The Mk III Battle damaged version was pricey, but the really annoying thing is the pink panties. I've got a mild case of it, but I wonder how much worse it will get. The figure was sealed and the dessicant was in the box. Also the battle damaged chest looks like it's not sitting perfectly on the chest, but I can't seem to adjust it any better.
IMG_0690_zps14270760.jpg

IMG_0688_zps249cab03.jpg

Gantry version
IMG_0750_zpsae78c6f9.jpg

Sentimental favorite -- favorite scene from Iron Man 2. Wonder why the Mk V in the IM3 Hall of Armor pics is clean... shouldn't it be broken to hell?
IMG_0597_zps046ce46e.jpg

My good ol' Mk VI - first Hot Toy I ever purchased.
IMG_0656_zps495724ee.jpg

New Captain America (the old one had an unfortunate accident)

This one was "mint" but did have some paint missing from the shield edge. The rest of the statue is great. I can't imagine not having this in my collection

IMG_1011_zpsc2817baf.jpg

Also got my She-Hulk replaced with an Ex. I was a little surprised to see how far this one leans forward compared to my old regular version, but I think that some lean is intended.

IMG_1167_zps5b9f5804.jpg

IMG_1322_zps6b84b19d.jpg

And this is my current Avengers Besta

IMG_1323_zpsa6b367c6.jpg

Back