I think your stuff is great but...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilgrim_UK

Freaked Out
Reaction score
but if you intend to search for a certain figure it really gets hard to collect all the infos

The gent hit the nail on the head with this forum its something that's a real pain. Is it just me or does everybody find having so many different topics in the one topic difficult to navigate. Some of you might think don't visit the forum then if I don't like. It's just a suggestion as you have great things going on in here but separate posts to each great build is better than one huge long post.

Last edited:
I'm far from regulating such a free thing like a forum; I only started the Snowtrooper Pic thread after thinking about how I felt when I started as a 100% newbie (I'm now an 100% rookie ...) and thought, a link collection via Quote with some referencial pics would do great.

I understand that people won't post their work under ONE thread title like "1/6 Snowtrooper Customs" because it will be a hell of a chaos, mostly when questions are being asked. So I think one thread with Snowtrooper only by one artist would be the best. But I'm also kind a fine with how it is. But if people startr an own thread for one figure (or theme like cantina), another idea strikes my mind ...

One suggestion, which is only a bit regulating, but might prevent the chaos:
I know from smartphone custom os forums that ruling the thread names can help sort things out.
People name those threads like:

"[YEAR-MM] - CHARACTER NAME - BY - MEMBER"
a.k.a.
"[2010-08] Snowtrooper / Stormtrooper in Hoth Battle Gear BY TheGent"

and the members update the name to show how old the last update is and fill the first two or three reserved posts with pictures while other posts and comments follow the usual rules.

What bothers me also: Although I'm sure it's a forum software itch, I somehow can't find any thread with C-3po or r2-d2 via the forum search function. Maybe the word is too short, maybe it's the combination with the minus, I dunno.

Last edited:
If you do a search for "C3PO" you will get some hits or replace the O with an 0. It is the dash that's killing the search.

I do agree Pilgrim and I know I am the biggest culprit for doing this.... But I found I was sometimes making 2 or 3 threads a day and only posting a few times in it. So I thought I would just have one thread with all my stuff in.... which was great but I now I think its just impossible to find stuff in that thread as it is just too big :(

I really am not sure what to do about it, any suggestions would be great :)

It won't make really sense to split up your old threads as you are now on a status of uncountable amount of incredible figures already; but maybe if you start working on a new single or group (the troops, the clones, cantina, jabbas palace) project, how about that suggestion to reserve some two or three first posts for yourself and add 'turning point' WIP pictures when needed?

Well one idea for those with a single thread would be to have an INDEX with direct links to the page needed.
Now I know this is one major undertaking for those with LARGE threads BUT you only need do one trawl and set up the 1st page Index/links and then each updat on that thread you automatically add the Index/link the same time.

Just another thought.

Well one idea for those with a single thread would be to have an INDEX with direct links to the page needed.
Now I know this is one major undertaking for those with LARGE threads BUT you only need do one trawl and set up the 1st page Index/links and then each updat on that thread you automatically add the Index/link the same time.

Just another thought.

Yeah, that is a good idea. And what Elar does also by changing the thread title every time he adds a new piece of work to it, so that you know what is new and what to look for. So, if one was to do that and in the first post maybe a link to the new post containing that new item so you can jump right to it.

Yeah, that is a good idea. And what Elar does also by changing the thread title every time he adds a new piece of work to it, so that you know what is new and what to look for. So, if one was to do that and in the first post maybe a link to the new post containing that new item so you can jump right to it.

I agree=D And mainly, when I change title of first post, any new post there have new name, so then you can find this post with search. And use index is great idea and I like Unsung new thread, where he has links to old jobs.

i think an easy way to do this would be to make a thread that is named something like "Build your own (insert character)"...........that way it's not just one person's thread and you have multiple people contributing their own ideas & takes on the character. i like those threads because it encourages people who might need help with certain things to get a solution that otherwise might get lost to some. and those with large threads could post in their own as well if they wanted to. it's worked in the past. at this point if that were to happen it would be some work for a mod to merge those but it could be done.
eh...............just my 2 cents..........:dunno

I like Barryo's idea. Have specific character threads, but people can post in their individual threads if they want.

I know I like seeing all of Mark's stuff in one place, but it is also nice to see everyone's take on a specific character.

I think this is just a problem for main characters/troops to be
honest with you. I doubt anyone is wanting a thread dedicated to Vizam or Kkthaba. :)

Chris

Although I also like Barryo's idea and would gladly contribute, I think some would avoid the additional work of posting in more than their own one thread.

One way of fixing it would be for us to post "on the first page" what is listed in our threads.
I started do this my self. And I think it would help people to navigate trough custom threads more easily.

post-1.jpg

I agree that for people to more easily find stuff that this is not a bad idea. But I tend to just post in my own thread because I am usually just creating figures that do not exist and are my own creations. I would however consider trying to make another specific thread if I was working on a real Star Wars character

And what about make index threa? For example make threads:

Snowrooper Index
Chakaman
(url=direct link to page with full figure)Full figure(/url)
(url=direct link to make boots)How to make boots(/url)

The Gent
(url=link)Figure(/url)

Or more generaly threads like Droids, Lightsabers, Jedi, Bounty Hunters, Clonetroopers, Cantina,....

Only one problem will be, that can do only one person, which can edit firts post and other will be send post with their links.

Then we would need people with a sort of godparenthood for those figures - I'll do it for the Snowtrooper, maybe for Scout Trooper also.
Any other caring volunteers?

Or make only one INDEX, where first post will be for OT Troopers, 2nd for PT Troopers, 3th Jedi and Sith, 4th Dioramas,.....and this thread hook up on first place here?

That'll be moderator's work, I highly doubt one of them will say yes to this huge amount of work. Sadly.

Back