I Saw the Devil - Byun-hun Lee by knucklefunger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knucklefunger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well folks, experimenting on other people's stuff has never been my thing, however, on my own that's just fine. More new painting techniques on one of my favorite films of late.

Again, went a little overboard, also want to make up the photo's of the pervs/perps that he had hanging on his wall.

More pictures soon. Found a bit of dust on his one cheek looks like a zit.

Also will make his gps & earbuds

Oh, is there anyone that's done a Min-sik Choi I could use for the killer? Tried sculpting one but damn, looks like I held a spatula in my butt cheeks & did it.

Last edited:
Wow that looks incredible! :clap

My fav film so far of 2011

I think Lee Byung Hun is a great actor and you nailed this!

Thanks TD

This movie totally caught me off guard. Loved it enough to give it the 1/6 treatment. There's a few more things I want to do yet. Considering a dio in the gardening shed with Choi as well & the sickle

Your totally welcome! It is a gorgeous custom bud

That Kai sculpt is just insane! Where did you get that coat from you have me very interested in doing this myself

Like you this film really got me aswell! I knew I would more than likely enjoy it but not that much!

Thanks

Kai is insanely talented. Just tried to enhance what he's done. Was considering an IRIS build until I saw "Devil"

The jacket was a lucky eBay find. Hate how big it looks on a HT slim, considering using the black down jacket made by In House (Cotswold). Make the hood out of the bag it comes in. Looks like a much better fitting piece.

Next up is Choi. Going to try sculpting him again. I just want it to look good beside the Kai sculpt.

These images don't really translate the skin mottling as well as I'd like it to. Managed to match up all his little freckles & moles. OCD again.

TD, would love to see your take on this piece as well. A shame the film won't get the exposure in NA it deserves. Or at least until Hollywood rips it off. Kinda like the Chaser with Leonardo DeCraprio.

Also plan on doing Aaron Kwok from Murderer & sculpting the Gary Coleman kid as wel. GREAT film as well.

I think it was winter or down jacket I did a search for on eBay. Pretty much just dumb luck,

Woff, I was going to use it for a Viggo but Lee just needed to be done after seeing the film. That & it's a subject that hasn't been done yet

Terrific so far. I Saw the Devil is one of the best horror films of recent memory. And I mean true, bonafide horror here. It's one of my favorites of the last ten or so years as well. This film gets underneath your skin and naws away at you. So many films these days are immediately forgettable upon watching them. Not so with I Saw the Devil.

TOTALLY re-painting. Using the down jacket from Cotswold, adding a hood to it as well as making the fish bat thing.

Once I clear up all the painting I have for other folks. I come last.

We really need a Min Sik-Choi

Here's the final one. NEXT

Ok, will do up the ear buds.

Would have liked to re cast the head in fleshy resin. Tends to look hyper realistic. Just don't like recasting at all. That & it's just plain wrong. Does yield great results though.

Last edited:
Back