I need a 1:6 SW pre-order...now!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ki Adi has been on my most wanted list since this line started.

And with good reason. :rock I only hope that when Sideshow does decide to produce him, that the artist in charge of the sculpt pays special attention to the actor's features. I don't want a generic face with a splotchy conehead on the top. :D And it would be nice if he didn't look befuddled, but had that look of serene contemplation he wore at the Council meetings.

Ki-Adi is the only jedi with speaking lines other than Kenobi, Skywalker, Yoda and Windu. I think that raises his odds to be close to next in line (if he doesn't get trumped by Tinn and Kolar; I hope he doesn't).

Besides that, his costume isn't the standard jedi robe/gown get-up, and I want variation. I would rather see a different colored alien before another fleshtoned one (too close to Plo Koon) but I don't expect Aayla before him, and I'd prefer to wait on Shaak Ti, Luminara, etc. They'll be too much like dolls for my taste. I still want them to turn up (Shaak Ti especially) but I'm in less of a rush for them than I am for Aayla and Ki-Adi.

Ki-Adi is the only jedi with speaking lines other than Kenobi, Skywalker, Yoda and Windu. I think that raises his odds to be close to next in line (if he doesn't get trumped by Tinn and Kolar; I hope he doesn't).

Besides that, his costume isn't the standard jedi robe/gown get-up, and I want variation. I would rather see a different colored alien before another fleshtoned one (too close to Plo Koon) but I don't expect Aayla before him, and I'd prefer to wait on Shaak Ti, Luminara, etc. They'll be too much like dolls for my taste. I still want them to turn up (Shaak Ti especially) but I'm in less of a rush for them than I am for Aayla and Ki-Adi.

Interesting. Do you think that they'll be too much like dolls because they're female? (Disclaimer: This is sincere curiosity, not an attack. :D ) Or is it the combination of their feminine nature with the long, flowing attire?

I was always against a 12" Aayla Secura, but, at the time, I had only paid attention to her ROTS costume. The sleeveless look on Sideshow 12" bodies has never appealed to me. I don't like looking at the joints. But now that I've realized that her AOTC costume features long sleeves, long pants, and only exposes the neckline, I'm very, very keen to see her produced. She's very striking, and not just in a gorgeous alien babe sort of way.

I hope we get a announcement tonight for a new figure.

Interesting. Do you think that they'll be too much like dolls because they're female? (Disclaimer: This is sincere curiosity, not an attack. :D ) Or is it the combination of their feminine nature with the long, flowing attire?

I was always against a 12" Aayla Secura, but, at the time, I had only paid attention to her ROTS costume. The sleeveless look on Sideshow 12" bodies has never appealed to me. I don't like looking at the joints. But now that I've realized that her AOTC costume features long sleeves, long pants, and only exposes the neckline, I'm very, very keen to see her produced. She's very striking, and not just in a gorgeous alien babe sort of way.

It's the gowns. I want both figures, and Bariss Offee too. Just not before Aayla. She comes across as more of a warrior, whereas the others have more of a priestess feel to them. Also, getting into those styles is a major departure from the style of the jedi they've already released. Aayla may not be in robes, but she's still primarily in brown. There's a lot more color in Shaak Ti and Luminara's clothes. Those costumes will elevate the set, but I want the foundation laid before things get ornate.

Does the AOTC version of Aayla have a bare belly?

Yep. :D But I also just noticed that her right arm is bare. :( Still, it's something I can hide by posing her just the right way. :)

191931-aayla-secura_400.jpg

I thought so. I had a feeling her right arm was bare too. It won't matter much. I just made a ninja-girl custom, and her elbows are exposed, but it doesn't faze me in the least. I thought it would, but I was wrong.

The thing that I'm most concerned about are the torso joints showing. That, and the fact that the Buck body has no body. Small breasts would be one thing, but a scrawny ass is not gonna fly. :monkey3

I could go for a Count Dooku...I STILL haven't got my Sidious yet...:mad:

Oh, I can't resist...

AAYLA SECURA IS HOT!!!

There! I said it...

Back