I have an extra hotel booked for the Con.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesseawilson

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have an extra hotel reservation at the Omni that I am going to be canceling. If anyone would like me to transfer it to their name instead of canceling it let me know. It's for all 4 nights but I guess you could cancel a night or two if you weren't going to need it the entire time. The rate is $389 a night.

LMK

Jesse

$389 a night!!!!!!! :horror

Wow, am I glad I have a place to stay every year just above the airport and right on the trolley line!

But isn't it kind of noisy (and dangerous) to sleep on the trolley line? ;)

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Well, the place I stay is actually just a short hike up a very steep hill, over the highway above the airport, with an awesome view of the bay and all of downtown. I can see the convention center from there. It's also nice that I have been able to bring my two dogs with me each of the previous five years, as the place is in a really nice neighborhood for walking them. Nice to decompress with the pups after a long day at SDCC!

:D

Would be interested, if not too late Jesse.

I haven't canceled it yet, will soon but haven't yet.

It is a bit pricey but this isn't just any hotel. It's the Omni and it is one of the closest hotels to the convention center. I was pricing out other rooms for last year that were a mile or more away at the 2 star level and they were the same price.

I may have a second reservation at the Hyatt availible if I am unable to go this year. I should be finding out pretty soon hopefully.

I haven't canceled it yet, will soon but haven't yet.

It is a bit pricey but this isn't just any hotel. It's the Omni and it is one of the closest hotels to the convention center. I was pricing out other rooms for last year that were a mile or more away at the 2 star level and they were the same price.

I may have a second reservation at the Hyatt availible if I am unable to go this year. I should be finding out pretty soon hopefully.

I've stayed at the Omni before and I had a corner room overlooking the Convention Center; it was great to be able to look out my window to see what the lines were like or to sit at their terrace drinking coffee and reading the newspaper and still keep an eye out on the lines/crowds. I'm paying about the same where I am currently booked. SO...let me know.

I used my credit card reward points and only had to pay about $150 extra for four nights. But it's about 15 minutes away and certainly not in downtown San Diego. That's why God invented cabs for cheapskates like me.

Hope to see you there again Jessea

I've stayed at the Omni before and I had a corner room overlooking the Convention Center; it was great to be able to look out my window to see what the lines were like or to sit at their terrace drinking coffee and reading the newspaper and still keep an eye out on the lines/crowds. I'm paying about the same where I am currently booked. SO...let me know.

Sure thing, I sent you a pm.

Jesse

Back