I hate Mike Crawford!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said it before, there are basically two things I consider when buying a new collectable.

1) Is it a character that I love?
2) Did MC give it a good review?!

I hadn't seen this review until now so I guess I hate Eli26!

Just read the review and I am worried about the scale.

He's a *smidge* big for the series, but not as out of place as some of the past releases have been. He's more of a 7" scale than the traditional 6" scale, but the hunched pose helps offset some of the added size.

How do you think it would look with these 3?

P1050787.jpg

It really is a beautiful piece! God, that cape is amazing!!!

I've never had a problem with the scale on any of these, when there's a hunched pose it does seem they are a slightly larger scale so the piece occupies the same volumetric space as the other pieces in the series. But I've yet to find a single one that stands out as being out of place when displayed with the others (well, maybe the animated Dark Knight one...).

It's an evil site. I want to block it! He has swayed my opinion too much. Granted, he did save some of us from spending money on crap as well.

Ditto man. His reviews are awesome. Many a times i refer to his review before making any purchase and at year end i check if my favs end up in People/Poppies/MC finalists. This has been a practice am following for the past two years. Thanks Mike

-DH

Okay, I don't hate the guy, but his review made me ordered a Batman statue, from a series I was not a fan of! If I didn't frequent his site as much as I do I would have missed it! This easily has to go down as one of the best statues of 2010! The details of the flowing cape, to the sculpt on his suit... WOW! Scale aside, I guess the sculpt, and execution of the piece justifies the price! Now to get the Mike Mignola piece! How much do those go for?

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_021210a.htm

Did you read the Joker graphic novel that he and Brian Azzarello did? That's where the design is from.

I got into 1/6 figure collecting because of Hot Toys' TDK line and I decided to concentrate on Batman figs. But when I checked Mike Crawford's site, I suddenly found myself buying Enterbay's Mr. Bean and after another visit, I bought 3 Sideshow Star Wars figures! And now, I'm planning to buy more from different lines as well.

I guess it was a combination of Hot Toys initially getting me hooked and Mike's great reviews and photos and of course, discovering new figures by regularly visiting Sideshow Freaks. Anyway I'm not complaining, I'm enjoying this hobby. It's encouraging me to earn more (so's to buy more.)

Yep, Michael has cost me some money too.

The Mignola B&W is one of the coolest of any statue, not just in that line. And I think it's one of the more popular and thus, more expensive on the secondary market.

Micheal is the one who finally swayed my decision to dive head first into the 1/6th collection with his sideshow star wars review, been trying to pull out of it but fail miserably :lol

I'm not into statues but I agree with you Dave, Mignola B&W is really a work of art. It's like 2D painting in 3D form...or something like that. If I won a lottery or something, I wouldn't mind getting myself one :D

His site was indirectly responsible for me buying a Dark Knight Original Costume Batman (thankfully while they were still at retail price - can you believe I payed less for it than I did for v1 Joker?!). That led to three other figures from the line, which then went to 2-in-1 Superman, a couple of HT Marvel figures, the Godfather and a couple from the Indy line. I figure all up, the guy owes me about $1500. I'll take a Western Union or Paypal transfer.

Alot of the stuff I've got has been because of his reviews. Because I often don't have the money around the time pre-orders go up I pick them up when released, and if they get crap reviews then I wont waste the money. Generally if its less then ***1/2, unless its a character or franchise I really care about, then I wont get it because some stuff is really expensive. If I've ever been on the fence about a item then check the reviews of Mr Crawford and Wookster. Theire reviews definitely dont help when trying to limit what I'm wanting. They have alot to answer for lol

All good fun though:banana

If wasnt for his site and reviews, I would probs have bought a few duff items

Nice to see I'm just like a crack dealer...

Not the dealer per se, but you do list some good, affordable dealers on your site. You are more like the junkie that seems to have it all together that makes the lifestyle so appealing...

Even when I disagree with your reviews, the pictures and commentary really are invaluable. I've been able to keep up with collecting by reading your reviews though, and collect vicariously through your site.

mc's site is a staple of mine, just like water and corned beef.

thanks michael. i hate you too.

awww great. now you have a motuc battle cat review up! how do u know! how do you know!!!!

Back