I got my Balrog !!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owned an Artist Proof of the Balrog Statue back in the day. Someone offered me moon money for it so I ended up selling it. Still keep the pictures around to remind me though. :)

Congrats! And beautiful pics, too! Managed to score my Rog last year - truly my favorite piece. Enjoy!

Don't want to rain on your parade, but is the statue an 'artist's proof', many of which have been circulating on Ebay recently?

No, they're definitely not recasts.

Same ebay seller from China. Specializing in selling what most would consider grails. Just happens to have a stockpile of rare artist proof Sideshow and Weta stuff. Listings are strategically spread out, but mostly it's the same items for sale over and over again. Anyone care to theorize?

No, they're definitely not recasts.

Do you know that for a fact, or are you blatantly in denial?

I theorise because I almost bid on an auctioned Balrog from a Chinese Ebay vendor, and after that sold the vendor mysteriously posted an identical one about a month later.

Do you know that for a fact, or are you blatantly in denial?

I theorise because I almost bid on an auctioned Balrog from a Chinese Ebay vendor, and after that sold the vendor mysteriously posted an identical one about a month later.

I've seen one of those Chinese ones in person... they're legit.

After having had 4 other U.S. based balrogs in my posession, I think I'd be able to spot a fake by now.

Everything checked out... Paint, the mold, internal wiring (it was broken), cream colored foam carton, art box, and even the misspelled shipper.

Besides, being the person accusing someone of counterfeit, the burden of proof is on you.I'm against recasting as much as the next guy, but the Chinese balrogs are real.

or at least from the same molds and same quality workmanship since they originally did come from china..:dunno just saying :monkey1

Same exact paint, same exact attention to detail and craftsmanship, same internal wiring, and everything identical with the packaging...

Sounds like it's real to me and it sure as hell looks identical to every other one I've seen... and this is my 5th try at a good one, but what do I know??

Same exact paint, same exact attention to detail and craftsmanship, same internal wiring, and everything identical with the packaging...

Sounds like it's real to me and it sure as hell looks identical to every other one I've seen... and this is my 5th try at a good one, but what do I know??

probably more than me, since i've only seen one :monkey3 (perfectly minty)
just can't trust anything from that part of the world :dunno that's all i'm saying:peace

I got my Balrog from a guy who ate Chinese food once... :balrog

daddyrog.jpg

daddyrog00.jpg

Back