Hurricane Darth Vader customs...who has one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customcasts

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been wanting one of Glenn's Vaders forever, but the price has kept me from commiting to getting one. I think he said around $500 US currency. I just want some Hurricane Vader owners to chime in on this. Don't get me wrong...these Vaders look STUNNING, but I just want to know that it's worth every cent ya know? Let me know...

-Keith

I've got one on order and can't wait to see him in person. Glenn's attention to detail is impressive.

What specs on a Vader were you thinking about getting? ANH, ESB..?

I have one as well and it is definitely one of my favourite 1/6th scale figures!

Here are some pics to help you decide. ;)

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00969-1.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

I have one, it's seriously one of the finest crafted 1:6th scale figures you will ever put your hands on. It's worth every single red cent. I highly recommend it...:vader

oh dear under the spotlight, sorry the price is/was so high, but the basic ones are hell of alot cheaper and im always trying to bring things down, firstly the ealier vader with reveal had to use a genuine kaiyodo kit, ive paid anything from $30 USD to over $150 USD for these...but now as youll see later in vaderville ive managed to cast the kaiyodo helmets in ways that allow them to be used for reveals, thus cutting costs right down, also ealier ones needed two brand new vader body suits from the hasbro toys,now not so, the hand made ones i use now blow these away in durability and in accuracy.
Also these days,im happy to take trades,i cant afford the latest releases :eek:
to make them as good as possible i now use brand new sideshow boots taken from my own figures (replaced with hasblow tat)....R&D on the sabers was costly.....

I have several of Glenn's customs - including a custom Vader and a sandtrooper. I've known him for 5+ years and I can tell you, Glenn's first rate, trustworthy and top notch on his details. His Vaders and customs have evolved unbelievably since I've known him (I like to think I was the one who challenged him to do the reveal and now, shazaam, he's doing amazing things with respect to casting and brass etching and detail work). Anyway, anybody who asking for a reference, he gets my props, 1000% Glenn's stuff would make ILM jealous.

I have an ESB model myself. Favorite figure in my collection. I have no doubt that the upcoming SSC Vader will be lacking in comparison to my own.

In fact I'm honestly thinking about canceling my SSC Vader. IDK that I need 2, and like I said above, I just can't make myself believe that it will be even half as good as my Hurricane custom.

thinking the same thing Phil...i'd rather have the Hurricane "Ultimate" Vader to match my collection than Sideshows EpIV Vader and its obvious sequals that will come to match all the films one at a time :(...

I shall have to sleep on it...and truely "figure" it out ;)

SJ

Back