Hulk comiquette vs premium format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundamric

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys I have been wanting to add a hulk statue to my collection for months and wanted some input on this decision i like both statues I know one is 1/5 scale and the other 1/4 scale I collect mostly 1/4 scale statues I would love to get the pf hulk but its insanely expensive and rare the pose is so so to me but still a awesome statue I love the green comiquette action pose it really displays the rage and fury of the hulk minus the haircut but I could still leave with that my questions are the following

1.does the hulk comiquette looks that much smaller when placed next to 1/4 scale figures like the thing or wolverine pf?
2. Does anybody have pictures that they can post with the green comiquette and the pf in the same picture next to each other so I could compare sizes
3. Should I really stop whining and just go big or go home lol

Thanks for everybody's opinions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If you don't mind the price get the PF. Much better piece IMO. Not saying anything bad about the other one, but I love the PF.

Both Hulk statues are great but also check out the Red Hulk Comiquette. I saw it in person and it's really awesome. I actually like the hair sculpt on the red hulk compared to the green hulk(crew cut look).

Yeah the price of the of is high would have to save up for a while to get it. And yeah i would love to have seen the green one with the red hair cut like some of the customs going around still would love to see some pictures of the comiquette next to the pf or how small does the comiquette looks next to the thing or abomination thanks for every bodies replys

There are at least 3 new Hulk PFs by SSC on the horizon. They already sneaked a few heads sculpts and one body. It's your money so buy what you like but I wouldn't spend over $1500 on a PF that I thought was So-So. Stick it out. It's not like SSC is shy about pumping out Hulk merch.

There are at least 3 new Hulk PFs by SSC on the horizon. They already sneaked a few heads sculpts and one body. It's your money so buy what you like but I wouldn't spend over $1500 on a PF that I thought was So-So. Stick it out. It's not like SSC is shy about pumping out Hulk merch.

Yeah that is true I have seen them still got a feeling they might be 1/5 scale and hollow like the avengers maquette or rhino comiquette since I have to wait to get the funds might as well see how those come out

Hmmmm that is a tuff one. The PF is great in it's size and the color that was used is fantastic. The CQ is a fantastic action sculpt and besides the hair and the paint color choice is the better statue IMO...

If I could only have one and I was not thinking about resell value then I would pick the CQ.... But that is because I am not a huge fan of the Kirby style Hulk and Like you I find the pose Boring. The 1/5 scale could e a problem for you when it comes to posing him with other 1/4 scale pieces. I know that the CQ did not display well at all with the Spider man CQ (but spidey is a little bigger then 1/4).

Here are some shots of the pieces I have had or still own.

PF Hulk IMO always looked off from the frone view. He looks big but he also looks slow and clumsy. Fantastic paint apps though. Some of SSC best work. From the Side the PF is just about perfect. great detail and the Pose is not so cumbersome looking. Sold him to raise funds for a new TV... Regret it but only because I could have sold him for more down the road. I liked him but I never loved him :(

21907065.jpg
room2009.jpg

The CQ has OUTSTANDING detail... I love how his muscles are sculpted and think the Dynamic pose is awesome. Yes the Hair cut is not the best but everything else IMO is about perfect. Sold him to raise funds for other pieces... I regret having to sell him and may buy him again down the road.

P1080830.jpg
P1090758.jpg

CQ Hulk is 100% Hayden Approved

P1080793.jpg

Or Hell just go with my Personal Fav. The Avengers Hulk. Sure it's based on a Movie but if the film was never made nobody would give this a second thought about being based on the comics. I love the pose. I love the sculpt. I love that he looks realistic and that he looks great from all angles. Still have him. Plan on keeping him. My fav Hulk statue by far.

P1180540_zpsf8070004.jpg
P1180583_zps4a58543b.jpg
P1180564_zpsd41c2855.jpg

if I would have to start over, I would get the hulk comiquette in green, red, and grey.

no need to get the hulk pf at all. gladiator hulk pf will eventually ship. and more pf is already in the works.

get the original hulk pf only if you have the money, imo.

Sold my PF. Not disagreeing with the general views on this piece. You just have to really love the Kirby art to justify the price and keep it. Had the comiquette which was too small IMO. Currently have the avengers maquette (which is my favourite of those released) but very tempted by gladiator hulk.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Just be patient, unless you are a Kirby fan. I prefer the modern. Hulk version.

For me I wanted the CC because I wanted Hulkbuster too.

I'd have to say the best Hulk statue out there is the Avengers PF. It's sexy.

I have never seen the PF in person...it looks nice, but I don't love the Kirby face style for Hulk. I love the grey version, despite the face, but I'll probably never own one.

I used to have the CQ...loved that piece. It's 1/5, but it's BIG! If you can get it for a good price, you'd be happy with it.

I currently have the Avengers maquette, and I freaking love it. It has a bad rep because it's hollow, but guess what, so are some of the older "grails" (Thor comic PF is as hollow as they come), so who cares. It is the best representation of Hulk to date, imo. JAWS said it best, if there was no movie, this piece would fit right in with the comic statues.

Man really have been waiting to add a hulk statue to my collection the comiquette is starting to be more and more appealing greatly because of price but i dont want it to look smaller than my 1/4 premium formats what are the odds of the new hulk statues being 1/4? And do you guys think they will be hollow like rhino?

As far as scale I've seen the maquette in person and its glorious.

Back