Huge new Iron Man Mk 42 by Kaiyodo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most probably 80cm... 2.5 feet...... which bring an odd scale of 1/2.5.... Should be in the statue sub-forum
Eva-01-Mega-Sofubi-Advance-Evangelion-Kaiyodo-WF2014S-03.jpg

Here is my review of this figure from amazon: I was excited to receive this big guy, and it is big at 1:4 scale. Detailing is fairly good; there is no articulation...this is purely a statue. Being a vinyl statue, it is very lightweight, even for a quarter scale. The reasons I give it only 3 stars are these: 1) Way overpriced. When compared to NECA's quarter scale iron man (even with its flaws), which is priced around $100 less than this and has full articulation, this is just overpriced, even for an import. 2) The detail isn't as great as I hoped. It seems the sculpt is too soft where the armor is supposed to be separated. The paint is well done, and many of the details are sharp, but for the price, it just isn't there.

I will add, though, that with my other quarter scales (mostly neca) it looks really nice on the shelf. The pose is a bit boring, but all in all it looks good. But, yes, overpriced.

Here is my review of this figure from amazon: I was excited to receive this big guy, and it is big at 1:4 scale. Detailing is fairly good; there is no articulation...this is purely a statue. Being a vinyl statue, it is very lightweight, even for a quarter scale. The reasons I give it only 3 stars are these: 1) Way overpriced. When compared to NECA's quarter scale iron man (even with its flaws), which is priced around $100 less than this and has full articulation, this is just overpriced, even for an import. 2) The detail isn't as great as I hoped. It seems the sculpt is too soft where the armor is supposed to be separated. The paint is well done, and many of the details are sharp, but for the price, it just isn't there.

I will add, though, that with my other quarter scales (mostly neca) it looks really nice on the shelf. The pose is a bit boring, but all in all it looks good. But, yes, overpriced.

Looks good in promo photos, can you post some pics?
Thanks!

Looks nice but with Hot Toys making the mark 43 in 1:4 scale I'm pretty sure they'll make a mark 42 too seeing as it's really just a repaint, anyway I'd prefer a Hot Toys version myself so I'll wait for that. :)

Here is a comparison with the Hot Toys 1:4 bust. Interesting to see the difference in color and detail:

...and one more comparison with the Kotobukiya statue.

If anyone wants, I can do a comparison with NECA's iron man as well...just don't have it handy right now.

Looks great! pretty nice pose and size of statue/figure.

Thanks for the post pics. vaderbreath!

I rather like the lighter red colouring & although it's not as detailed as the Hot Toys bust, it's still nicely detailed all the same really..., interesting. How much is this figure?

Back