Huge delays on BOC German Paratrooper PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearmodel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I saw this piece last year at the Con and was very impressed with the quality and the resin like material they use to make this as realistic as possible. I have always been a fan of WWII so ordering this was a no-brainer. In August of 2010 I ordered it....

Time goes by, it is May of 2011, one more Flexpay to go and I get an email.... first delay.....now instead of June, it would be August....okay....I can live with that...

Then, A second delay...........February 2012.....

WHAT?????? 6 month delay? I really want the quality to shine on this piece and although I was disappointed, I thought it was for the best. I had some other things coming anyway so...whatever...

I was giving the option to cancel and get my money back and then start a new flexpay to coincide with shipping but I figured that I had one payment to go so I'd wait....

Today, I received another email.... Another delay...Now it is May 2012...

I growled a little and start to wonder why such delays. Although I appreciate to be told about the delay months in advance, I would love to know why. It is not just curiosity, but I'd like to know if there are any quality issues or if there is something I should watch for once I have it. I mean, I will be spending over $330 on this piece and want to know why such delays.

Anyways, I'm not canceling this and considering that they only made 100 of the exclusive, I'm starting to worry if this will be the only piece in this line......I really...really want the American Soldier version...

Cheers y'all

Bear

I have this on order too. I'm really surprised on how much they're delaying this by. And yes, we need the american to go along side him.

Unfortunatly l think this line died before it even started. There are delays on this guy and l hear they may not even do the other two paras after this one is released.

Without an "American" I have no interest in this line. I dont mind the delay, if another figure isnt announced by then I'll cancel.

Either way, I'm keeping it

I want to think there will be more, lets hope so :pray:

May 2012 almost two years then. Would this be considered the longest wait? Some of you have been collecting Sideshow longer then I have so you might have the answer.

What a shame to because it's a beautiful PF and I'm also a huge Military collector especially WWII, but I must agree with some that this line is pretty much dead. Sideshow failed when they didn't offer an American soldier first like a Ranger. I have no idea what they were thinking. :slap

Maybe the problem is that its another lame pose. SSC really likes to chose bad poses. Why would you make a statue of a soldier standing smoking a cigarette instead of firing a weapon in the heat of battle?

May 2012 almost two years then. Would this be considered the longest wait? Some of you have been collecting Sideshow longer then I have so you might have the answer.

The longest I remember was the T2 T800 1/6 figure took about 13 months.

2 years is crAzy. I would like to see the special paint process come to light though.

Hawk is supposed to have some special work and is up next for release.

Back