HT vs Sideshow's Pred Maquettes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wanted to get opinions from my fellow collectors in regards to some pre-orders I have via Sideshow.

I have both the Berserker and Falconer HT figs on PO, as well as the SS Maquettes of the tracker and Falconer.

For the sake of my collection I don't really need both collecions, so I'm thinking of either cancelling the maquettes or HT figs, and I was just curious from the seasoned Pred collectors which you would keep if you needed to dump one off.

As far as my HT pred collection goes, I only have Guardian, Machiko and the Cleaner, so it's not like I have everything prior and need these as a completist.

I have pretty much today to make up my mind because processing on Berserker starts Sat or Sun if I'm correct.

Any opinions?

Hot toys stuff is cool and very detailed, I have 8 of their predators myself and have the berserker and falconer on order too. But in the end they are large scale action figures. They are desireable because of their collectibility and cool factor, they are poseable and come with a range of accessories. BUT, the sideshow maquettes are like works of art. They are statues. The fit and finish of them just looks to be of higher quality and will look that way in your collection. The hot toys stuff is awesome and i do collect them but they to me are figures. The maquettes are "pieces" They are more elaborate and decorative. So in the end it depends on what you want in your collection. You will get more of a wow factor, more of a museum look with the maquettes whereas the hot toys figures will look like very detailed 12 inch figures. Its up to you. They are different enough for me to collect both but if I had to choose 1 and I didnt have very many hot toys to begin with, I would go with the maquettes. Just my opinion though its up to you to make the choice.

Thanks, do you know if they are planning a Berserker Maquette?
So far HT line is missing the Tracker and the Maquettes are missing the Berserker. Ultimately whichever direction I go, I would like to be able to have one of each Pred to make a set.

Well I would go for the maquettes simply because I dont collect the 12 inch figures of predator. I only keep it with statue's but im waiting to buy those maquettes cause I wanna see if they look good all three together

when are we going to see the Berserker Maquette anyway? :gah:

edit: in this vid you can see the Berserker maquette around 2:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o30PJoX3A8E

Last edited:
I think the maquettes are suppose to be in 1/6th scale. So you could either have two more Hot Toys preds to go with your others or get the separate maquettes. They have awesome bases and the tracker comes with the dog. Then again you can repose the Hot Toys ones (although not as dynamic because of the tight joins). I think it’s gonna come down to if you want plastic or polystone.

i will tell you this...........

Maquettes:
-small
-great chance of paint flaws or QC issues
-more $
-no articulation
-more accurate to whats seen on film
-detailed base

HT:
-consistant great paint apps
-less $
-some articulation
-more detailed than maquette, but not movie accurate
-accessories
-take up less space

but the reason i am sticking with the new HT Preds is cause i am more confident in the QC with HT than SS and its $100 less. The SS maquettes just dont stand out compared to if they were 1/4 scale

depends on your preferences. i'm partial to poseability and customizing so i stick to figures mostly. i've had maquettes in the past and i always get bored with them. figures are just cooler. i'd have a more extensive argument for you but i'm too distracted by that Morrigan pic in your signature. i'll be in my bunk.

Definitely matter of personal preference!

I'd take maquette over figure any day. I just dislike joints. So you really need to figure out this yourself..What do you prefer?

Do you like changing poses and setups of your pieces, or you just get them, set them up and have them displayed like that?

I rarely touch my collection, I love to have it just standing there..look at it..I even have few figures but never "play" with them, never change poses.

I had a load of hot toy preds (most of them) but sold them all off. Recently have been getting into maquettes/Comiquettes which I prefer. It's a personal choice though.

There're already a few threads with dozens of pages that could answer your question. Might want to do a search and breeze through them. ;)

HT all the way, it's all about the articulation baby, new pose every day!:yess:

Hot toys are cool but they just arent worth 200 bucks! and Hot Toys QC is getting kind of slack lately I have already heard and seen photos of berserker predators whos legs have fallen off/apart. Statues and maquettes just seem to look nicer ie: expenssive and impressive. Like they are works of art and not just an oversized glorified action figure.

Back