HT Truetype body problem (one leg longer)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viezure

Super Freak
Reaction score
So basically, i bought from ebay (goodshipped) the HT harvey dent body (truetype). It arrived, but the problem is one leg is longer than the other, and the problem looks to be in the knee joint. I think that the lower part of the leg doesn't go all the way in into the knee joint, but i can't understand why.

Will someone please give me some advices to fix this (maybe when i'll get the shoes i can put something on the shorter leg's foot peg so i can make it longer, i don't know)? Thanks.

Below are the pics. Notice on the fifth one, when both legs are fully pushed forwards, how much does the long leg goes (unaturally).

Like you said the lower left part of the leg looks like it isn't going into the joint correctly. You might want to take a look inside if you haven't already. There might be something blocking it. If you have another truetype lying around see if the bottom part of that leg will fit into this one and then you'll know wheter the problem is with the leg or the body itself. I think my Hicks had a slight problem similar to this with its original truetype it came with. Its a tricky problem for sure and hard to photograph and explain.

Actually this is my first truetype body. Here's a pick with the inside of the lower leg, doesn't look suspicious for a noob like me. What i guess is, the knee joint "stick" goes into the lower foot by sliding on that bump, and when it hits the end of the "bump trail" it stops. And it should, looks like, go a little further, but that's the construction of the truetype so it must be some other thing..

I guess I would use a tooth pick to measure how deep the hole inside the shin it. Draw a line. Then compare the line to the length of the knee peg. If the length of the knee peg is too long, you can either cut it or deepen the hole.

The other problem could be if the hole is the right depth maybe down near the bottom it isn't wide enough for the peg.

Theres definitely something blocking it like you said. I would be tempted to try and do a bit of filing and see if it goes in. Do a bit of filing try it rinse n repeat.

Another thing you could do is pop it in hot water for a while then gently see if it pops in. Be careful though Hot toys can break fairly easy sometimes.

Thing is, this being my first TT, i don't know how deep it should stick, and more importantly the way the lower leg connects to the knee peg (what system it uses).

Crimson, what do you mean by filing?

Thing is, this being my first TT, i don't know how deep it should stick, and more importantly the way the lower leg connects to the knee peg (what system it uses).

Crimson, what do you mean by filing?

Filing it to remove excess plastic, i cant see you getting anything else in there.

41fQSPSnVGL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Not these kinda files but you know what i mean.

Another thing you could do is pop it in hot water for a while then gently see if it pops in. Be careful though Hot toys can break fairly easy sometimes.

I was going to also suggest this - or simply use a blow dryer and use it on the male and female ends for 15 seconds each.

That may help the joint go in easier.

Ive had a few knee joints that were tricky to get in with some custom preds, so i gave em a good shove and they popped in grudgingly.

So, the idea is to make it pop in, and that's the only thing that is wrong with the lower leg? Because it looks like i don't have what to pop in, but you guys must be right. Look at the side pic below, the lower leg should go up a little to cover that peg circle, right, and something must stop it.

Shove it in some hot water for a bit then make sure the leg is straight and grip it firmly on both bits, then give it a slow push then push harder until it pops in.

With 1 of my hot toys preds i was literally straining with effort to get the leg to pop in :lol

Ok, so the leg is just "unpopped" :D, that's all? I'll try tomorrow with the blow drier, if that fails the hot water. I just hope that's the problem and not a more hidden one :p

Ok, so the leg is just "unpopped" :D, that's all? I'll try tomorrow with the blow drier, if that fails the hot water. I just hope that's the problem and not a more hidden one :p

Well if you cant actually see anything wrong inside, or anything that looks totally off comparing them side by side, id just give it a damn good shove :lol

Well, if i take just the lower leg and compare it to the other lower leg, they're the same :D So it must be something with the joint.

Flosi, the shorter leg is so tight it looks like it's glued, and i don't want to screw him up 'cause it looks like it's suppose to look.

If everything fails, and let's hope it won't, could i do something to the peg and the boot that will connect to, anyone have any experience in this field? :p

Tried filling and the blow drier with no results. As in, if you look at my last pic, i push the lower leg, it covers that little circle, but as soon as i let go it slips like it was before. Should i continue to pile that knee joint pictured below? HALP.

Actually this is my first truetype body. Here's a pick with the inside of the lower leg, doesn't look suspicious for a noob like me. What i guess is, the knee joint "stick" goes into the lower foot by sliding on that bump, and when it hits the end of the "bump trail" it stops. And it should, looks like, go a little further, but that's the construction of the truetype so it must be some other thing..

I had the exact same issue. With the parts being from a mold, if
they are not clean up properly, then the smallest piece of plastic
residue can cause enough resistance to not allow the peg to go in.
I took a bit from my dremel with a small grinding ball on the end.
Stuck it in, hand rotated it, tapped the leg on the table and
a small fragment came out. Then I was able to work the leg peg all the way in without heat.
I would say it's a known issue with QC at the factory
level, but easily fixed at home. Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Back