HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AHHHH!

I was trying to switch one of the hands on this guy, to take some photos, but the wrist peg snapped! I was adjusting the peg inside the wrist and I heard a sickening crunch...I pulled my hands away and my worst fears were confirmed!

I've sent an e-mail to Hot Toys customer service with a picture of the snapped peg, but I don't know if they'll send me replacements - I don't have a receipt (this guy was purchased on-line at amazon) and it's an old figure! I mean, they SHOULD send me a replacement, because it's a small, easily replaceable part that they know they have problems with, but I'm scared that they won't.

Anyone know what else I should do? My DX Joker came with extra wrist pegs (again, Hot Toys clearly must know this is an issue), but they're too small for Batman - the hand-side pegs are thicker on Batman than the Joker (because the holes in Batman's glove for the peg are bigger).

Thought I'd ask here instead of creating a new thread..

Now that the DX Batman is upon us, would you still recommend the Hot Toys 'The Dark Knight suit' Batman for the average (non-Batman-hardcore) 1:6 collector?
I found one for US$108 here locally. Is it worth it, or would it be a waste at this point?

Thanks in advance for your feedback. :)

Depends on how you want to pose him, I suppose,(lol). I have no interest in anything with the DX, save for the PERS headsculpt, so I'll just be picking that up. The magnetic belt is slighty tempting, but nah, not at this stage.

TDKBM5.jpg

I made my V1 Fatman into a slim Batman simply by bending him a little hard to explain but Ill take pics and show how he looks when I get back later... Going to party right now...

I made my V1 Fatman into a slim Batman simply by bending him a little hard to explain but Ill take pics and show how he looks when I get back later... Going to party right now...
I get what you're saying,if you hunch him over, it kind of hides the belly. If only that worked with my beer gut, lol.

I get what you're saying,if you hunch him over, it kind of hides the belly. If only that worked with my beer gut, lol.

I don't think that's what they meant. When TDK Batman shipped, the torso piece that's between his hip and chest piece is aligned so it's sticking out at the hip, the way the hip-midsection-chest combo connects, it can be standing up right and pieces not lined up, and a little shifting of the middle section gets rid of the beer gut, the stomach looks fine after. After dealing with this on TDK Batman, I've noticed HT figures often come this way, only Batman shows it more, my OC had the same thing, must be something to do with getting them into the tray. Thankfully it's an easy fix.

Finally order this version instead of waitinf the dx version..they seem to have a lot of problem iwth peeling paint and stuff and am i the only one who like the v1 better??The new version seem a lot to thin and im not a hudge fan of the pers on that one dont look like bale at all but once again i guess im the only one:lolI have a question for those who have the firt version is there some peeling problem with the paint with this version as well????

Now that I've almost completely fallen out of love with the Movie Masters line of Dark Knight figs, I was considering collecting the 1/6 scale Hot Toys versions instead... I've never bought a 1/6 scale figure before so wasn't too sure, but after seeing all the pics in here and especially these brilliant shots I'm 100% convinced to get them!
This Batman just looks amazing.

Man the pose on the first pic is awesome:gunI just order mine yeterday i love the way the cape is lay back how do you put the cape like that?Do you have to remove it and replace it or you just lay it back thanx

Back