Action Figure HT Sandtrooper,HT Shadow stormtrooper, SS Deluxe Vader--PICK ONE!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BameRogue64

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Soooo:wave hi freaks! good evening :) im here with a dilemma, wich one of thesse you like more and wich one should i pick?
NOTE: does the sandtrooper change alot from SS to HT? i can get one SS sand at the half of price :p

902298-shadow-trooper-016.jpg

100076-darth-vader-deluxe-012.jpg

HTSWSandtroopers1.jpg

Personally I like Vader the most, the light up base makes him a super set piece and then you have an excuse to get both troopers to stand beside him ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever you choose, please don't buy Toyish Sideshow Delux Vader.
HT ANH Vader blows it out of the water..:lecture

Damn i really like this Vader i saw some reviews of the HT Vader and they look to have a problem with the chest.

Personally I like Vader the most, the light up base makes him a super set piece and then you have an excuse to get both troopers to stand beside him ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha i like how you think i just need more $$$$$$$$$$$$ :panic: :gah:

Damn i really like this Vader i saw some reviews of the HT Vader and they look to have a problem with the chest.

Chest problem?? Maybe.
Sound Effect? Definitely a problem..
Odd Glove choice? yup I'm still scratching my head with that one.

Despite all it's faults, HT Vader still comes out on top.:yess:
THE best 1/6 Vader figure to own, IMO.
I own both Vaders and SS Vader is packaged up and ready to be sold.

I like the deluxe Vader , I don't have the hot toys one in hand , but I do have it on order . But even with the comparison videos I've seen I still like the deluxe . The alt head sculpt is really nice , and as long as I'm not constantly looking for faults it's a nice piece .

That being said , I would also offer the suggestion that you get a trooper and the hot toys Vader , just for better quality , and in the hope that hot toys will make a ROTJ Vader with alt sculpt one day , or even a meditation chamber Vader .

But also again I don't think the Deluxe is a bad choice. The skinny arms and huge gloves bother me personally , but depending how you display him , and keeping in mind that he's not being stared at all the time to nitpick , I'm very happy with him in my collection.

Best advice is to check out multiple YouTube review videos of each figure you want

I will say that when I ordered my first sixth scale last year I was torn between grievous and Vader. I ended up going with the general because the arms and gloves bugged me , but then the next day I went to a toy shop that had one on display and I bought Vader immediately because he looked awesome , and I have never regretted it.

I'm bias.

but for you, it's Hot Toys Sandtrooper. It'll be like 3,720 times better than the SS counterpart. I think that of the shadowtroopers, roughly. So I imagine it'd be the same for the sandies. The SS have distinct weathering patterns that looks tampoed on. The HT ones look dry brushed or something and much much nicer. Armour on the HT holds much tighter too and doesn't slide down on it's own weight like most of the pieces on the SS. None of the SS bodies (before Batman for me) stand very well, particularly the clones. The HT stormies don't need their stands at all and stand very naturally. And HT has always had finer craftsmanship with their accessories.

Don't know about Vader. I have the Medicom one that speaks and he is pretty awesome.

This is what we in the business call a no-brainer: HT Sandtrooper.

Shadowtrooper is pretty cool, but compared to the coolest of all troopers..?

HT Sandtrooper - absolutely no competition.

Although some might quibble over the moderate level of weathering, it's near flawless otherwise. And it really pops with the dash of orange and slight blue detailing: too much black simply overwhelms. Further, the Shadow Trooper comes from a so/so game that will readily be cast aside after the Episode VII hype dies down, and the SSC Vader has real problems (at least with the HT Vader now in the picture). And I'd say that, of them all, the HT Sandtrooper will appreciate better than the other two: SSC Vader is already an also-ran, and the Shadow Trooper is tied to the fortunes of a gaming franchise. Sandtrooper is classic OT with a much bigger nostalgic pull for a much broader audience.

Hey, Shadowtroopers didn't come from the game. Don't give them that credit.
Coolest of all troopers?

That'll be the Scout.:cuckoo:

Shadowtrooper - EUish, so no.

SSC Vader - Eclipsed now by HT Vader (much superior)

Sandtrooper - My pick. And it beats the old SSC Sandies hands down.

Back