HT Robocop shoulder rings Broke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8th wonder

Super Freak
Reaction score
Today i thought it would be fun to put my HT Robocop (gunarm version) together. The jetpack version was already done, no problems with the head at all. But this one!! The head was giving me so much trouble i started to hate HT!:lol. It's on now though. Unfortunately two of his shoulder rings broke of when my hand slipped. Somebody had the same problem? HT could have made the clicking mechanism a bit better on this fig:rolleyes:.

They should have a huge FRAGILE warning at the front of the box.
Sorry to hear that your Robo broke.

That's the yin and yang of HT. All that lovely detail allows for a greater chance of something breaking.

That's the yin and yang of HT. All that lovely detail allows for a greater chance of something breaking.

Agree 100%.

Hot Toys push the boundaries of what a 1/6 figure can be, and in that there is a greater risk involved.

Bummer about your Robo.

That sucks to hear, I was worried about that possibility so I was extra careful when popping on that frickin' head.

I glued the rings back on, wich is fine but i'm still pissed they broke in the first place. I do not own a HT predator yet, i will buy the P1 pred ofcourse but that must be a nightmare to put together.

HT can be hit or miss. The HT Preds are awesome but its so miserable putting them together...

HT can be hit or miss. The HT Preds are awesome but its so miserable putting them together...

:lecture So very, very true. I can't even recall how much I was cussing as I was putting together the P2 regular...but my neighbors sure remember!!

Sorry to hear about Robo, but at least it was an easy fix. I know the head on mine was extremely tight as well to fit on that socket.

I think 2 out of the four broke on my original Robo, so I just superglued them back on. Looks good enough for me.

Putting the head on my Robocop 3 figure was serious pain. I didn't break the rings but they did end up getting scratched up a bit. Putting on the other limbs was no easy task either.

I love the Hot Toys figures but as others have mentioned, putting them together can try one's patience.:banghead

I had to be extremely careful when assembling my Version 1 Robocop. The neck joint kept sliding around on me. Took over 15 minutes to finally get it fully attached. After that, I decided I wasn't going to ever take the head off again, so I cut up the plastic figure tray to accommodate the combined head and torso as the molded slots were meant to store them separately.

As for the limbs, they went on very easily. I've since taken them off and put them back on several times.

i'm sorry to hear it bro. i use a blowdryer anytime i'm working on my hot toys figure. it makes such a big difference, and i have no problems attaching one item to another. yes they are fragile, but once i've found the right pose for them, i rarely touch them.

Sorry to hear that! I remember that when the first HT Robo's had arrived, the shoulder ring issue was brought up. If not careful while putting the head on the shoulders, the rings might break. There was also some advice for 'lubricating' the joints before assembling it, so everything would snap better together. Perhaps there should be a section titled: HOW TO, where people could give advice or instructions on how to assemble, handle, clean, ... specific collectibles. Would be great for quick reference, when something comes up. Just an idea. There's already 'How to assemble you marines', and a 'How to assemble you Predators' thread somewhere.
Some figures don't really need much guidance to be assembled, like the RoboCop, but threads like this show that a thread with some words of precaution can't harm.

Sorry to hear that! I remember that when the first HT Robo's had arrived, the shoulder ring issue was brought up. If not careful while putting the head on the shoulders, the rings might break. There was also some advice for 'lubricating' the joints before assembling it, so everything would snap better together. Perhaps there should be a section titled: HOW TO, where people could give advice or instructions on how to assemble, handle, clean, ... specific collectibles. Would be great for quick reference, when something comes up. Just an idea. There's already 'How to assemble you marines', and a 'How to assemble you Predators' thread somewhere.
Some figures don't really need much guidance to be assembled, like the RoboCop, but threads like this show that a thread with some words of precaution can't harm.

I agree and I've mentioned it before on a old thread but I never knew that you weren't supposed to remove the top helmet part on the Robocop V.1 and did anyway I said hell why have the head sculpt if you can't see it, to say the least it was a BI@#% to get it off, then after that I noticed that it didn't stay on after wards so I superglued it back on but the visor fell off! Anyways now I have a top helmet that has glue on it, and emailed Hot Toys about it for a replacement but haven't heard a thing, I think its been like 4 going on 5 months. Love Hot toys but they need a warning on their stuff.
(also I didn't break the hooks on his shoulders thank god :angelsmil)

Back