HT Predator vs. Alien popularity?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeleon

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
So, I'm curious if this has even been discussed before. Is there a reason the HT Predators are so much more valuable than the Alien figures? Were they all produced in lower numbers? I guess maybe the sculptin g and the accesories are a little more complicated. But from what I've seen, the Preds end up selling for 4-5 times there initial retail, and the Aliens only end up at double. I would imagine the fanbases are equally as nuts.

Also, what would be the market value for a, I believe, MM38 Alien Warrior? I found one in an antique store for $180, and that seems like a good deal, but as a pred fan, I haven't followed the Alien values.

The Alien warrior isnt worth $18 if you ask me. Its easily one of Hot Toys worst figures. Quality is pure kahkah.

So, it's because of the sculpts then? I've never actually examined one of the Aliens closely. I have heard that the rubberized skin is kind of crappy on the early ones and rots, so to speak.

The quality control on at least one of the aliens has been extremely poor, the paint flakes off the rubber, the rubber will eventually degrade and most of them are too innaccurate to the source material for many a fans taste - all these things combine to make them less appealing than the predators.

The quality control on at least one of the aliens has been extremely poor, the paint flakes off the rubber, the rubber will eventually degrade and most of them are too innaccurate to the source material for many a fans taste - all these things combine to make them less appealing than the predators.

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

Nothing further to add.

What he said. Oh and they take up too much space in my Detolf. :lol

The best all-around Alien that HT has done is probably the AVP version. Either Grid, Warrior, or Special Edition. Closest sculpts and the most durability.

HT's latest Xenomorphs just look off. They get the bodies looking drop-dead gorgeous, but it's almost as if they're unable to sculpt the mouths correctly. :slap

The Predators are miles better!!! They're just made better in everyway. The only alien that seems appealing to me is the Dog Alien; since it's the only Alien i'm planning on buying from Hot Toys...

I like 'em all.

100_1303b.jpg

100_5970.jpg

100_5780.jpg

The Predators are miles better!!! They're just made better in everyway. The only alien that seems appealing to me is the Dog Alien; since it's the only Alien i'm planning on buying from Hot Toys...
that's the only one i own right now. and it's only because i got it for what i think it's worth. which was less than retail. i have it next to my Halcyon kit (which is based on actual props) and the inaccuracies are glaring to say the least. i think Tsang sculpted it from memory because it doesn't look like any prop i've seen from the movie.

it's still in good shape though. the paint is intact, the joints are tight, and none of the rubber is cracking. probably only because i have it sealed away in a display case.
maybe it's covered by "quality control" but the joints disintegrate over time. and i've seen it with broken joints fresh out of the box.

Last edited:
I love the Big Chap the only one I own, I wouldn't rule out getting an Aliens Warrior because it's my favourite film from the Alien series but I wouldn't pay over retail for it so it'll probably never happen but I just personally find the Preds look so cool, I've only got two right now, the Berserker & Falc but I've got Tracker on PO but when I see other peoples Pics of these guys all lined up together they just look awesome with there different Bios, weapons, trophies ect. Makes me jealous :(

Maybe because the hot toys aliens fall apart after a short time due to the rubber they're made of?

I'm a bit biased, I just like predators better, why I'm willing to pay more for them. I have a decent xeno collection as well, but wouldn't pay more then about 150 for one. Meanwhile I've spent so much money on my predator collection

Back