HT original Predator- photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really! I think this original Predator is...INCREDIBLE! :D It is my first Hot Toys Predator and I cannot say enough GREAT THINGS about it! How can you say "P.", that both of the movie Predators have nothing to do with the movies? :confused: These are not "comics mutants"! :rolleyes:

These are Predators! :D

i have two and i am calm about them.
bad face sculpt, stupid anderson armor with holes. these are not P1s, but as HT P2 has nothing in common with movie P2 also, they are enough for me until somebody finally makes MOVIE preds, not comics mutants.
You, good sir, are wrong.

bad face sculpt, stupid anderson armor with holes. these are not P1s, but as HT P2 has nothing in common with movie P2 also, they are enough for me until somebody finally makes MOVIE preds, not comics mutants.

This opinion is just slightly out of left field. :dump

so many people without eyes?
well, that's why toy producers don't even try.

The face sculpt has 2 problems - the slightly too long 'nose' area and the overly red mouth - apart from that its superb. The eyes are exactly right.

The face sculpt has 2 problems
not 2. only 1.
it looks like a spaniel.
The eyes are exactly right.
they are sad and kind comparing to amasing stan winston's work.
the slightly too long 'nose' area
check the movie. p1 has a bigger "no nose" area than p2. they catched it, just made the angle wrong.
that's why i wonder why HT are so delicate about predator details but always make them look wrong.
well, it just proves that stan winston wasn't just a regular monster designer, as his work cannot be repeated.
after watching mass-produced sculpts, custom sculpts, or fan drawings i understand that it is not easy to repeat his design.
but this doesn't cancel the fact that HT preds are the best but still so far from originals. that's why i cannot understand people's admiration for them. they are just the finest until somebody makes movie preds, not something just inspired by them.
anyhow the bodies are awful, and the armor has those stupid carves of anderson's crap - instead of being smooth like winston did.
especially P1 body armor and P2 helmet look like they have been taken out of cow's a_s_s (hello automoderation of this word).

Last edited:
No other company will make a higher quality articulated Predator figure. Until Hot Toys decides to make a DX.

show me a superior figure of this character

they are just the finest until somebody makes movie preds
No other company will make a higher quality articulated Predator figure.
fond of repeating what is already said?

the whole thing i started is that i cannot understand all those "yeeeeah this is the ultimate movie predator". it is a toy with a really little likeness, no more.

Last edited:

You ought'to sell'em to someone who could appreciate them, no point cluttering up them shelves with things that make you 'calm'!:rotfl

fond of repeating what is already said?

the whole thing i started is that i cannot understand all those "yeeeeah this is the ultimate movie predator". it is a toy with a really little likeness, no more.

arrogant much?

not 2. only 1.
it looks like a spaniel.
they are sad and kind comparing to amasing stan winston's work.
check the movie. p1 has a bigger "no nose" area than p2. they catched it, just made the angle wrong.
that's why i wonder why HT are so delicate about predator details but always make them look wrong.
well, it just proves that stan winston wasn't just a regular monster designer, as his work cannot be repeated.
after watching mass-produced sculpts, custom sculpts, or fan drawings i understand that it is not easy to repeat his design.
but this doesn't cancel the fact that HT preds are the best but still so far from originals. that's why i cannot understand people's admiration for them. they are just the finest until somebody makes movie preds, not something just inspired by them.
anyhow the bodies are awful, and the armor has those stupid carves of anderson's crap - instead of being smooth like winston did.
especially P1 body armor and P2 helmet look like they have been taken out of cow's a_s_s (hello automoderation of this word).

You must be sniffing yo ass when typing this rubbish. No company will ever come close to what Hot Toys gave us for a long long long time.

I dunno man I think you're seeing things that the rest of us just are not seeing. I see a few things that are wrong with this predator that would appear to be different than the wrong things that you see.

For me it goes as follows:

-Overall size is much too small
-mouth is too red
-'nose', gap between mouth and eyes, is too long
-biomask sticks out too much on face and doesn't cover enough of face
-a couple of absent hoses/wires coming from biomask, and apparently absent cloth ties around his knees (?)

The most significant of these issues is the overall size and by now I'm pretty much over that, the rest I deal with and see no point complaining about at this point, we have the figure and its not going to change unless we change it ourselves or unless HT release a newer improved one which would simply piss a lot of people off.

Don't get me wrong I respect your right to have issues with it and I know from your Endoskeleton mods that you have a good eye for accuracy. I'm sure that if HT had given us a figure that met your standards of accuracy we would all have been happy.

I'm sure that if HT had given us a figure that met your standards of accuracy we would all have been happy
:( that is what wonders me - they like to be accurate in 80% of details, why not to be 100%, especially as they stay not the most accurate, but maybe the only ones?
p.s. thank you for understanding and not giggling like others who appreciate only what they write but not what they read and see.
For me it goes as follows:
i would like to add:
- a narrow-belly, wide-shoulders, long-leg body;
- a long, narrow head and face (the worst thing);
- armor with caverns inspired by anderson's uglies. i really hate that way of making "metal", the same they used on their t-700.
small dislikenesses, like "HT didn't notice that the closing thing on left wristglove must be plain inside, and copied it from their own P2", or "predators wear gloves under their wrist armor and HT don't show them", aren't interesting because they don't spoil the figure. i am upset only by those mistakes that kill the overall of a movie predator.
I think you're seeing things that the rest of us just are not seeing.
i do not see this:
29.jpg

71.jpg

height.jpg

18365848.jpg

===============

to others:
You ought'to sell'em to someone who could appreciate them
they could buy it themselves if they love it so much. i got my two, to display and to change details if i break something, and i can mention any bad likeness i see.

Last edited:
Wow, P. :google

I'm sorry you're not satisfied with your 1/6 scale Predator, but I'm sure most people who have this in hand are. I guess I just don't have your eyes for those finer details, and honestly I'm glad I don't because I probably would never be satisfied with anything sitting on my shelf. All I know is 99.9.% of folks who see my display know exactly who this guy is, what movie he represents and are absolutely floored by the details of this 1/6 scale model. For me that's all that matters, and I'm not at all concerned about that 0.1% of folks like you who might think it's not accurate enough. I think we're really getting into the splitting hairs territory at this point, and we have to keep in mind that this is technically an action figure and not a 1/4 maquette that costs hundreds of dollars. And I challenge any toy manufacturer to make a better Predator 1 at this scale. If you think you can do better, have at it and please post your work here.

i do not see this:
keep in mind the faces in those pics have a totally different expression than the figure face has. otherwise, it looks the same to me.
to others: they could buy it themselves if they love it so much. i got my two, to display and to change details if i break something, and i can mention any bad likeness i see.
if you decide to get rid of one i really need the chest armor and medkit.

:( that is what wonders me - they like to be accurate in 80% of details, why not to be 100%, especially as they stay not the most accurate, but maybe the only ones?
p.s. thank you for understanding and not giggling like others who appreciate only what they write but not what they read and see.
i would like to add:
- a narrow-belly, wide-shoulders, long-leg body;
- a long, narrow head and face (the worst thing);
- armor with caverns inspired by anderson's uglies. i really hate that way of making "metal", the same they used on their t-700.
small dislikenesses, like "HT didn't notice that the closing thing on left wristglove must be plain inside, and copied it from their own P2", or "predators wear gloves under their wrist armor and HT don't show them", aren't interesting because they don't spoil the figure. i am upset only by those mistakes that kill the overall of a movie predator.
i do not see this:

===============

to others: they could buy it themselves if they love it so much. i got my two, to display and to change details if i break something, and i can mention any bad likeness i see.

you may want to tone it down a little, cuz you're coming off as a newbie ass.

F^^^....P. If you hate it that let me have it. I'll give him a good home.:rolleyes: My only problem is that he's a little short. Other that he's the best one out there.

Back