HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

You could get a black dress shirt and add sequins/rhinestones to it. That's what I was thinking about doing. Also, you could use James Bond tuxedo pants. Michael used to always wear variations of the tuxx pants with stripes down the sides.

Well, I would consider doing this, I just don't want to spend so much money on different 1/6 items like I did with my Indiana Jones figure a few years back. When Sideshow released the Indy figure I was happy & upset at the same time, because I spent two years, and over $600 trying to perfect my "custom" version of Indy, and Sideshow had made it so simple to own the entire figure at one low price. So of course, my $600 Indy figure was worth nothing. And like I mentioned before, you never know, Hot Toys may come out with the Motown MJ--thus, making everyone's efforts look like a big pile of dung! Oh, how we love Hot Toys.....it's the precious....yes, my precious...

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

Got mine the other day - I guess I didn't read the description very carefully, but I didn't realize that they give you everything you need for 2 full figures except for the 2nd body. Luckily I had an AA slim just sitting around.

I know people have been complaining about the portrait, but he looks darn good to me.

Got mine the other day - I guess I didn't read the description very carefully, but I didn't realize that they give you everything you need for 2 full figures except for the 2nd body. Luckily I had an AA slim just sitting around.

I know people have been complaining about the portrait, but he looks darn good to me.

I just got mine too. I'll have to get me an extra body.

A pic of the AMA 84' MJ with the sleeves rolled up...

mjama84.jpg

How did you make the glove? Or where did you get it?

Man, that stinks! I just ordered mine from them, I hope I get it soon!!!!! I thought they were good dealers!

!

You could get a black dress shirt and add sequins/rhinestones to it. That's what I was thinking about doing. Also, you could use James Bond tuxedo pants. Michael used to always wear variations of the tuxx pants with stripes down the sides.
No problem.
I also thought they were good dealers, man .

I cant get it here in time 4 sure, they suck! ,bad service!.
They expect me to believe that the first time they shipt it to me,that it got lost in the mail.
a package with a value of almost 200 dollars.

Last edited:

I bought the glove by itself, plain. I was the one however, that attached the rimestones by hand. As you can imagine, it was a lot of work!

where did you buy the glove and the stones from?

Is there any possible indication of when to expect the first pictures from Hot Toys' upcoming Bad figure ? :)

Not really. We don't know the stage of development for this figure, and when they plan on releasing it. Could come in a couple weeks, might not come for several months, and in a worse-case scenario, it might not come at all! However, I would guess "soon." They will probably want to capitalize on the MJ interest before too much time has passed since his death.

Is there any possible indication of when to expect the first pictures from Hot Toys' upcoming Bad figure ? :)

I think ,that the history one made it in the poll on a 1st place.
That would have bin my last choice BTW.
So if am correct that means that the bad figure of MJ is not going to happen at first. :horror

'Bad' was listed as a 2010 licence/title in a Hot Toys catalogue, so it's most likely next. I think someone even said a few months ago that they'd seen it sculpted and it was soon to be previewed, but that never came to be... See here for the 'Bad' news:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69470

I don't think Hot Toys use those polls to decide what to release next, it's just to give people something to do or maybe to provide a false sense of participating, something like that...

'Bad' was listed as a 2010 licence/title in a Hot Toys catalogue, so it's most likely next. I think someone even said a few months ago that they'd seen it sculpted and it was soon to be previewed, but that never came to be... See here for the 'Bad' news:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69470

I don't think Hot Toys use those polls to decide what to release next, it's just to give people something to do or maybe to provide a false sense of participating, something like that...

I think they probably use polls as a gauge of where our interest lies, but just because an idea comes first in a poll doesn't mean it'll get used.

I suspect that the poll is a factor in their decision-making process, though by no means the decisive one. It certainly isn't a referendum.

More touch-ups on the MJ Thriller figure...

mjthriller2.jpg

Wow! You keep making it look better and better. You should post a close-up pic of the face. Mine should be in soon and I'm gonna repaint mine too.

Just out of curiosity, do you have a thread of all your stuff displayed? I can't find anything of yours in the show your shelves section.

Every time you post , you makes him more and more near to perfection ;) Congrats Joey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back