HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

I got mine today, really dissappointed with the production HS, looks very different from MJ. Especially the eyes. They just 'aren't there', they are looking off into the distance/past you, and have no life to them. If anyone starts commissioning the mod job ^ let me know, i'd be itnerested

Re: HT- M ICON- MIS09- Michael Jackson (Thriller version)-Link to buy from SS in 1st

another head and another last repaint ;) For number 1 Mj Fan and friend Dieguito_89, lucky man :D

4274437241_ac7a924e5f_o.jpg

Great !!!!

I've had my figure in a box these past weeks, waiting to get some sort of display for it so that it wont get dust-covered, but today I got a body for the zombie version and so put that together. I'm pretty disappointed looking at my regular head now after seeing Restaurajones' hugely better custom and realising what a great difference there is between that and what I have and what could've been. I'd forgotten just what the regular head really looked like, it's very disappointing. I was content with it before - I think you can stare at it for a while and feel it looks nice and good but when you take yourself away from it and truly compare it with actual pictures of Jackson it's really looks undeniably off in a big way, it seems to me.

I can understand Hot Toys not releasing the prototype, there seems to be acceptable reasons there, but I can't understand why they'd settle with the head they've given.

The zombie version though, which I put together for the first time today, I think is perfect.

I got mine today, really dissappointed with the production HS, looks very different from MJ. Especially the eyes. They just 'aren't there', they are looking off into the distance/past you, and have no life to them. If anyone starts commissioning the mod job ^ let me know, i'd be itnerested

Wait, you got yours from Goodshipped? He told me he was getting his shipment within 12 days. :confused:

Yeah mate from goodshipped, i preordered when it 1st announced
Agreed Grosby, zombie setup is great, but i havnt even got a body for mine yet and probably wont, kinda weird just displaying it by itself, whereas i dont want to display the MJ figure. My sister, who is a pretty big MJ fan walked in today, and i had him (regular outfit) setup on the coffee table in the legs bent/finger clicking pose, and she said, 'oh who's this one, who's that supposed to be ......... is that michael jackson?'
LOL
That was about it for me, definately an off likeness, she said the only thing that actually gave it away was the pose and the outfit

This is a great figure.... Just got mine and it sits proudly in my Ikea Detolf case!

Wow!!
Amazing work RJ!!! :rock
You should post that pic on HT's Facebook!

And paisano, I think it's more the talent, rather than the brand!
I think acrylic paints should do the trick!!

Hola Kuzeh!
I agree with you about the great and incredible talent Restaurajones has!...but I'm proud of having some skills into the artistic and creative design field...I have some experience working with Mcfarlane figures (will post some pics later)...but have never customize a 12 inch figure...and not even an expensive one like MJ Thriller (that's what I fear the most!!)...so will have to think more than twice to do some mods on this one!

Good to know you use the same paints as me restaurajones! Now I know it me that sucks and not the paint :lol

I think I am picking mine up tomorrow. I got a notice saying two things are at my post office. I think it is MJ and my dx joker, but I do have some other stuff coming, like two myers masks, a ventriloquist dummie... :lol

When I get it I think I will just repaint the eyes, but it doesn't work I might have to go further...

Good to know you use the same paints as me restaurajones! Now I know it me that sucks and not the paint :lol

I think I am picking mine up tomorrow. I got a notice saying two things are at my post office. I think it is MJ and my dx joker, but I do have some other stuff coming, like two myers masks, a ventriloquist dummie... :lol

When I get it I think I will just repaint the eyes, but it doesn't work I might have to go further...

That's exactly what I was thinking to do first, the eyes!...but don't know if i have to sand the lower part of the original and then apply the paint?...I think another important issue with the improvement is the lower lip, it needs to be remarked or something like that....we need a step by step tutorial restaurajones...please...

Need some advice - how can I get the shoe/sock combinations
onto the slim Truetype legs? Do I have to take the socks and
shoes off the things (not sure if they are feet) inside and put
them on the feet that came with the Truetype body? see below -

photo.jpg

Take the foot off the ankle peg. Attach peg to leg. slide leg and peg into sock and search for the elusive peg hole, in shoe.

The elusive peg hole! of course! :)

thanks-

So you dont even ever need the feet? Why did they include them? :)

This is cool

15870_190498792429_838112429_2943472_5391097_n.jpg

And another one of how it should've been, but ah well...

14336_1260141073441_1527110814_694037_5505556_n.jpg

Last edited:

Looking to the eyes i think that they look like this paint of Andy Warhol:

michael-jackson-portrait-by-andy-1.jpg
P1020964zzzxxx-1.jpg

I think that they failed because the smile is not the same.

Last edited:

I couldn't sleep in the same room as that. I take it its from a horror or something along those lines ?.

334920835_tp.jpg

Not from anything specific, just thought it looked creepy, and it will be kept in my bedroom. :D :sick

My thriller figure arrived today! I'm very pleased with it, even the headsculpt! The only thing im annoyed with is that one of the wrist pegs broke so I had to use one of the spare ones that came with the figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back