HT Iron Man light question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar_the_Gungan

Super Freak
Reaction score
I hardly ever turn on the lights on my HT Iron Man figures. I've always been afraid I'd burn out the bulbs and wouldn't be able to replace them so they never really came on. While discussing lights in possible future Tron releases others told me that because they are LEDs there isn't a danger of that so much. So now I'm wondering does anyone of you that has these figures leave the lights on for extended periods of time. Could I leave them on for several hours a day and if so at what point would I be buying all new batteries.

I was under the impression that it is difficult to burn out LEDs. More likely batteries will be your concern.

Exactly, I am more worried about the 'battery explosions' actually. I have mine with their 'plastic seperators' but with all the stories taking the rounds, it sounds scary to leave the cells inside!

I don't think you can burn out LEDs.

Ikea sells dioders that are basically a strip of LEDs that claim to have a life of something like 25,000 hours. Reading on some forums, most people's dioders have broke before the lights have run out of juice (due to electrical faults or broken wires) so I don't think you are in any danger of running out a couple of battery powered LEDs.

As for batteries leaking, HT uses really cheap stock batteries so I always change mine to some decent branded ones. Not once have they leaked. I suggest removing the batteries if you don't want to use the lights or changing the stock ones for some better make ones.

Like dcflake said, LEDs generally have a life in the tens of thousands of hours. A little button battery will probably only last you a few hours of constant running time but that LED should be good to go for years and year. Since LED's don't generate a lot of heat and use filaments like traditional lightbulbs, they won't burn out quickly.

So really, I could run the lights as much as I wanted as long as I was willing to keep buying batteries. And since I have the batteries the figures came with in them, I should get them out ASAP and replace them with a more name brand battery?

So really, I could run the lights as much as I wanted as long as I was willing to keep buying batteries. And since I have the batteries the figures came with in them, I should get them out ASAP and replace them with a more name brand battery?

well,they dont last long anyhow,so be prepared and buy some new ones.which are rather expensive

Does anyone remember those lighting kits that guy made to light these off of AC power? I can't find his website anywhere...

Back