HT figures shops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ludwing

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi guys! i don't know if this topic goes here,if not, sorry! the fact is that i'm going on holidays to Los Angeles and San Francisco next week and i would like to know if anybody from this areas knows good stores in these cities to look for Hot Toys figures and this kind of collectibles in general. Thanks!

For your LA stay, Frank and Sons is a must and pretty much the place to go to for toys and collectables. It's like a mini toy show and they open every Wednesday and Saturday. They have anything from comic books to Neca to Hot Toys to Mc D's Happy meal toys. ( I kid you not.) Cool thing is, like all trade shows, there's no sales tax. And if you look hard enough there are gems to be found there at the right price. A fair warning to those visiting for the first time, the location is really tricky, and I'm positive no GPS known to man can take you to the exact location. So make sure you have the written address with you and try not to get lost. There's so much stuff there, you can plan 2 to 4 hours or more just to visit all the booths and stores there. Here's there website for more info:

https://www.frankandsonshow.net/

There's also a place called Extreme Toys in the Montebello Town Center (inside a typical shopping mall). They sell mostly 1:12 action figures with a few different things here and there. They aren't that much different than your typical action figure toy shop (except maybe for the 1:1 Ironman on their store front), but what I really like about them is that they have a few rare imports, and some of their prices actually beats the best online stores out there. They have a pretty nice collection of "Nightmare before Christmas" figures as well as a few rare ones being sold at normal non-marked up price. They're about 20 mins away from Frank and Sons.

There's nothing big like "Frank and Sons" in San Francisco, but there's "Hero's Club: Art of Toys" on Clement street. (I live right across 2 minute walk from them). They sell almost exclusively Hot Toys, with some Sideshow stuff and gashapon figures here and there. But their prices are way marked up, so don't expect any more than basically window shopping. But it's cool because these guys have one of the largest collection of high end stuff on display out of all the stores I've visited, so it's definitely a good place to stop by.

There's a place called "Cards and Comics Central" down on Gaery. They have a mix of comics, statues, 1:12 figures, Hot Toys, cards, etc. About 1-2 minute drive from Hero's Club.

Then there's Kid Robot if you're into Urban Vinyl figures, probably the most famous Urban Vinyl toy store and it's physical location is in SF. They're on Haight Street, which you probably should visit anyway for shopping and to experience sort of that San Fran 60s hippie culture thing, so make sure to stop by those guys. Here's their website:

https://www.kidrobot.com/

Also on another note, I'm not sure how difficult it is to set up a tour with Pixar, but supposedly you can call them in advance and set up a time, and they'll let you in their studio and have someone show you around. It's a pretty cool experience and you get to see some of their latest stuff. Their studio is located in SF.

There's more, especially in LA. There's usually at least one toy shop at every major shopping area like Melrose in LA, Haight in SF, etc..

-

Last edited:
in SF theres a shop sorta far from downtown, on like 19th and Geary in the Richmond, I forget the name but they have a pretty good selection of 1/6 Sideshow and Hot Toys.

The more recent stuff is close to retail (SS retail) and older stuff can be just a hair lower than market price. I remember last time I went they had a couple Snake Eyes (for like 200? yeeesh!) and an RE4 Leon in reg clothes for 250?

But it all depends what your looking for.

Thanks for your help,guys! i'm curious about this "Frank and sons" place in LA. Is this a place where different stores sell their products or something like that?like,let's say, a comic convention? how cheaper are there there?

Great idea LW.

I am traveling to Orlando around X-mas. Anyone know of a good toyshop(s) in the area?

Not much in Orlando, Coliseum of Comics has Hot Toys figures, Sideshow figures, many statues, bust and of course comics. I go to the one located on OBT which is some what close to International Drive (Universal, Wet and Wild, etc....) www.coliseumofcomics.com

Thanks for your help,guys! i'm curious about this "Frank and sons" place in LA. Is this a place where different stores sell their products or something like that?like,let's say, a comic convention? how cheaper are there there?

Yeah, the place is divided in booths or mini shops. I don't know if you've been to a comic convention but the format is the same. Prices differ depending on the dealer. Like everything, the new stuff will be priced at retail or lower, but the older, hard to find stuff will probably be more expensive than it's original retail price. Freaks member Q has the nicest booth there. Look for him at the "Q's Toys and Collectibles" booth. There's like 5 booths who sell Hot Toys and many other booths selling all types of toys. This show is a must if you are into collectibles. It's like a 45 minute drive from downtown L.A., but really worth it.

Last edited:
anybody know a good place for HT in san diego area? I'm new here and sorry not trying to hijack thread

Back