HT--Executive Officer---KANE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't said much up til now. Great posts and repaint LMP.
I am thinking I will just display him like that myself. No cancellation, but I do regret cancelling Dallas now, as he is at least the actor. Again, to repeat the obvious, a nice Hurt headsculpt is welcome here. No panic at least, with the alternate available.

Wow, I am really flattered . I am a great fan of your impressive custom head paints !!!
Like you said, Kane seems to have more options and no need to panic about the head sculpt for the time being.

Yeah, it sort of symbolizes the struggle of man against unknown alien forces. Well it looks like he's struggling some at least.

I got Kane today.
I also altered the neck to make the head sit higher in the helmet, and I think it looks better this way.

pic024-2.jpg

pic025-2.jpg

pic028.jpg

pic027-3.jpg

pic030-2.jpg

pic031-2.jpg

Last edited:
My Hot Toys AVP:R Facehugger on the new egg:

pic036-2.jpg

pic037-2.jpg

pic040-1.jpg

pic041.jpg

And a deal fell through here, so I wound up buying the chestburster off EBAY.

pic039-1.jpg

Old vs the new:

(Konami vs Hot Toys)

DSC05891.jpg

DSC05892.jpg

DSC05893.jpg

Last edited:
I got Kane today.
I also altered the neck to make the head sit higher in the helmet, and I think it looks better this way.

pic024-2.jpg

It does look better this way ! Great mod Facebox! Did you just take off the semi-ball neck joint part , and add in some height between the neck and the joint part ? And did you repaint the hugged head as well ? 'cause it doesn't look like stock in your pics. Great job on the face hugger. I need to get some of those.

Thanks.

What I did was alter the base of the semi-ball neck joint, and stick another one in there. It looks goofy on it's own, but I can see the head better when I put the helmet on.

However, that's all I did. (no paint)
I think it's the flash that makes the paint look as cool as it does because it really sucks in person. :(

Awesome job, face!

Pics look great too. What's your feeling on the whole thing?

Also, just my two cents, but I like the Konami chestburster better. The HT has a "feed-me-Seymore" thing about it.

Actually in the second shot it looks exactly like that Space Slug from "Empire Strikes Back".

:)

Last edited:
Thanks.

It is with a heavy heart that I must say that IMO Dallas is the better of the two.
His headsculpt is simply superb!

Hahaha, I prefer the Konami burster too. And it DOES look like the SW creature! :lol
I think it's because the ALIEN chestburster has an overall better design.

Thanks.

It is with a heavy heart that I must say that IMO Dallas is the better of the two.
His headsculpt is simply superb!

Hahaha, I prefer the Konami burster too. And it DOES look like the SW creature! :lol
I think it's because the ALIEN chestburster has an overall better design.

So odd that Dallas was the one people were quick to pass on, NOW he's the best. Unfortunate for Kane. I'm still getting both so I don't care.

The Konami just has more detail: the little belly, the pirahna jaw, the long flat head -- it's just cool! The HT seems simpler in detail and design. Not sure if its accurate to the source material. The big bonus with it is the "bendy" aspect. That makes up for a lot.

But you have both so you're covered. :)

I need an HT facehugger though. I have the konami one, but the bendy legs and tail are a MUST!

Well then, you should get one.
The HT facehuggers are the best 1:6 versions I have ever seen.
They blow the McFarlane and Konami ones right out of the water. It's not only the bendy aspect, but also the details. It's definitely not the same with the chestbursters.

And I agree completely about Dallas. I was hesitating with him, but I'm glad I got both.
It's also good to know that you're getting both too.

The HT chestburster is from AvP:R. The Konami one is from Alien, which is a much better, even sinister design.

Funny thing is the AvP:R version looks much more like 'frank and beans'. :lol

Look at the 'arm' area of the figure and the film image at the top of the package.

vegas768.jpg

Seems they tried too hard to match Giger with this and the underside of the alien warrior's head.

I would but I can't find one. None here, none on ebay. Just have to be patient I guess. One will turn up I hope. Just need one.

I bought the Brown AVP and AVP:R aliens.They both included a facehugger.
I think Grid has one too. So, maybe you should try to get one of those?

The HT chestburster is from AvP:R. The Konami one is from Alien, which is a much better, even sinister design.

Funny thing is the AvP:R version looks much more like 'frank and beans'. :lol

:lol:lol

Poor little Vomit-burster. No one likes him.

347DSCN0931_3x4.jpg

DALLAS.JPG

Been looking at the figure again today and damn I do like the Dallas head sculpt.
I am blown away by the detail on this figure !. Unbelievable !. The lights are very very bright too which is awesome. The suit is great ( although maybe fragile ) and looks fantastic , the base is superb and overall its awesome.
Kane sounds brilliant !. I will need that facehugger head sculpt repainting though I think.

Back