HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I FINALLY SAW HARRISON!!!!!

I have had this figure since it came out...never really got into it...until I tore it apart to fix the neck peg. His head always look like it was shifted over...almost a 'walk like an egytian' head shake.

I pulled it apart, had to rip the skin off him, to get right inside the neck, fixed the neck - IT WAS A MESS! These figures are very impressive on the inside! Put the skin back modded the body, redressed and posed it quite a bit and played with the eyes and angle of the head now that it was properly positioned and looked at it and I SAW HARRISON in the sculpt. It is not always there, NOW I AM A REAL FAN OF THIS FIGURE!

attachment.php

Are there any known issues to look out for on this figure? It's been starting to grow on me lately and I think I may try and search out a deal on one.

It does have a fleeting likeness, but the outfit and accessories have me hooked. I'd like to put together a treasure hunter shelf with Lara Croft and the upcoming Nathan Drake from Sideshow.

Let me squeeze this in here before the forums get merged and these threads are lost in the shuffle… ;) This display is in a Detolf.

The image is shot with an iPhone (ugh, worst natural light camera ever).

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

That is the best display I've seen for the DX06,piper!

How did you make the vines and background brushes?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

That is the best display I've seen for the DX05,piper!
Thanks, much appreciated!

How did you make the vines and background brushes?

With vines. And bushes. ;) Silver lace vines I cut from a friend's backyard and moss I got from another friend's yard. I've had both sitting around for months - so the green in the moss is stable and won't go brown.

Oh… and hot glue!

Last edited:
Let me squeeze this in here before the forums get merged and these threads are lost in the shuffle… ;) This display is in a Detolf.

The first one is shot with an iPhone (ugh, worst natural light camera ever) and the second from my Nikon, but haven't had time to set up tripod, so had to push ISO and hand-hold lower-than-desired shutter speed.

Wow gr8 setup, luv it. :clap

Nah. That's intensely creepy. Maybe ,and this is a big maybe, I could see getting a generic Nazi. But a real life person, not to mention one as notorious and evil as Himmler? Ruthless reichsfuhrer of the SS and one of the perpetrators of the Holocaust? Yeah, that's dark.

One thing I will say about those 3R figures is that the likenesses are fantastic and the products are jam packed with clothes and accessories for a very good price. So if he really did want to get Hitler and Goering he certainly could, they have them.

DSCF2079_zps7b3d4f16.jpg

Whoops!!!

The Indy back-board and altar are the ones that come with the figure. I made the ceiling and floor stone-work myself (top out of DAS clay and bottom out of Wood filler). Real moss, real vines.

The Henry Jones Sr. is indeed the Medicom head sculpt and clothing, but on a Hot Toys TTM22 Slim body (Medicom bodies are terrible and fragile, mine broke). I custom-painted the hat to create a pattern similar to the real one from the movie and also painted the shoes brown. Hand-woven carpet bought from Turkey via eBay, hardwood floor pattern I put together in Photoshop and printed as a large photo, same with wood panelling on the back wall. I'll create a real wood mounting board for the grail painting and I still need a desk. The typewriter is a pencil sharpener and I created the letter in Illustrator. The books will be repainted to look like old manuscripts.

Wow, fantastic Dio's :clap
Do you make them yourself?
Looks like the Medicom Henry Jones figure?

The Henry Jones Sr. is indeed the Medicom head sculpt and clothing, but on a Hot Toys TTM22 Slim body (Medicom bodies are terrible and fragile, mine broke). I custom-painted the hat to create a pattern similar to the real one from the movie and also painted the shoes brown. Hand-woven carpet bought from Turkey via eBay, hardwood floor pattern I put together in Photoshop and printed as a large photo, same with wood panelling on the back wall. I'll create a real wood mounting board for the grail painting and I still need a desk. The typewriter is a pencil sharpener and I created the letter in Illustrator. The books will be repainted to look like old manuscripts.

A desk would really round off that diorama nicely.

I've been looking for the DID/3R desk all year with no luck. There's a (very) cheap quality imitation on eBay right now for crazy money but it doesn't cut it.

I've been looking for the DID/3R desk all year with no luck. There's a (very) cheap quality imitation on eBay right now for crazy money but it doesn't cut it.

haha I've almost pulled the trigger on that set multiple times but have held off. Amazing looking set though.

Back